Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April surgery buddies

You wouldn't be normal if you didn't have a few jitters. You're undertaking quite a big step in your life. Dr Weiner likens it to getting married or deciding to have a baby, a major life decision. And you may have weird dreams, I had one where my surgeon sneezed and made my bypass pouch the wrong direction. The night before my youngest son was born I was dreaming about iliac arteries.No I didn't have a c-section, if I had planned one the dream might have made sense. As it was it made nothing logical to me.And my most current before my WLS that I'll be wheeled into the designated area and 1 my surgeon was in a car crash 2 my surgeon has a Migraine Headache 3. my surgeon decided to go to his son's high school graduation instead 4 my surgeon called to say he's no longer in the mood and with each of these scenarios: bottom line- No Surgery for me.None of your worries can be as silly as these. Now stop and think how far down the road to surgery you've already come. Now you trust your surgeon, you should trust the nurses you meet at the hospital. If they weren't caring compassionate people they wouldn't last very long in that profession. Surgeries these days are oodles safer than they were a short time ago. You don't want anything bad to happen, guess what? They don't want bad things happening and they will make sure they don't. Anesthesia these days is so smooth, easy on you and nothing to dread. I had my tonsils out with ether, I was only 5 years old but I still remember being so sick. They brought me ice cream and it came right back up, barely got warm in my tummy. That's how,it was in the Bad Old Days of the 1950s. So relax, kick back a little and remember all the reasons you sought out this surgery. Everybody has their own , some of mine and yours might be the same. But I bet you they all won't duplicate. I realized for myself a fairly simple one

Life without surgery- no real future-eventual death

Life with surgery- hope for a better and longer lifespan. It will take commitment, it will take time, and it won't be easy. But I am going to make this chance at life a good one. I'm sorry I rambled on so long but it is something I'm passionate about. You will be a success and I pray I will be also![emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I was told 1 or 2 days, if no complications, fingers crossed. Im thinking about sleeping position with the incisions, Im a part side/back sleeper. Only time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Definitely fingers crossed!! Im a side sleeper too. I’ve read on here that if you prop the pillows around you it helps. Most people said within 10 days they could side sleep with no problems. I’m hoping that’s the case for us too. [emoji4]

Premier shakes, they do seem to give my stomach the appearance of being full. When I get hungry I brush my teeth. That Detour me from eating...i have super clean teeth[emoji14]

I really haven’t been craving food yet. I have hunger pains but I just drink Water. I’m not really excited about this liquid diet.

Day 12 of 21 on liver shrinkage diet. Starting to crave carbs now. This is getting harder every day. Having bypass on April 5th.

April 2nd as long as the insurance clears.

I am scheduled for VSG on April 24th. Just waiting on insurance clearance :-D.

Having surgery on the 10th! I am at Hamilton in Ontario!

April 2nd! One week out!! Best wishes!

April 2 for me too. I have been on my liquid diet and it’s getting easier. I don’t have the temptation feeling, especially after weighing myself and see the scale getting lighter. I am so darn nervous but motived then ever. Good luck to you and your journey!

I finally got my pre-op! I am scheduled for the 9th. It is starting to feel real now

1 hour ago, Miss_Tee said:

Congrats!!!! I started my Liquid Protein diet today and let just say....protein water🤢

Yay! I started 3 days ago- it is rough but you can do it!

My date is April 12. Will start the liquid diet next week.