Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kind of eating disorder do you have?

I never thought of my self as having an eating disorder.

I know I do....thats why I needed the band. I now have my eating under control, but I notice everytime my husband leaves to go somewhere and I'm home by myself the first thing that pops in my head is.....what can I eat. I still have the urge to eat but I don't

only because I can't. I'm really tight with my fill.

I am the same way...as soon as my house is empty (no husband, no kids), I run for the refrigerator and/or the pantry. I would also sneak to McDonald's when I was on the road by myself. I would eat as much as I could as soon as I could whenever I was alone. Did I mention that I love my band?????

I hate how I think sometimes and I have to give myself a mental "SLAP". Anytime I have time to myself, I want to eat! I would stay home from school as a kid and eat junk (beginning in 1st grade, when I'd hide in the bushes and watch the bus go by, then go back home. Product of the latch-key kid days.) I used to make cookie-dough, eat the bowl, then wash it so my mother wouldn't find out.

I wonder what she thought was happening to all the sugar, flour and eggs???? But, then, she used to hide the goodies in her drawers, until my brother and I found them.

Also, I don't have any kind of trigger to stop me from eating. My family is like that...we'd go to buffets and be there for hours with plates stacked high. Ugg...now I can't picture that.

I love my band, too!

I am so addicted to sugar. Give me candy over food any day. Tommorrow (Halloween) is a big binge time for me.

That is exactly my problem, I will take a piece of cake over steak any day of the week (I love steak too, but I like cake more). I am an emotional eater, and the only thing wrong with that is that I eat FOR ALL OF MY EMOTIONS, SAD, HAPPY, DEPRESSED, ALL OF THEM.

I used to have a very strict policy. I would only eat when I was alone or with someone.:rolleyes I would also raid the house when alone or figure what fast food restaurant would give me the most bang for my buck when I was alone out of the house. When going out to eat with family it usually meant a buffet meal or at a home with enough food to feed an army.

I used to eat because I loved the taste of food. At different times I would have different cravings but there was really very few foods I didn't like.:help:

I love how the band not only controls how much and what I can eat but also sends messages to my brain somehow that I don't want food all the time.:clap2:

I used to make cookie-dough, eat the bowl, then wash it so my mother wouldn't find out.

I wonder what she thought was happening to all the sugar, flour and eggs???? But, then, she used to hide the goodies in her drawers, until my brother and I found them.

Yep, same here. I saw my mother sneaking food for herself or found her snack stash and it taught me from a young age to disrespect food and to sneak it like it was a dirty little secret.

I can only blame myself for my weight and/or whatever food disorder I might have; however, I was not taught how to properly feed myself by my parents. I think had my parents set a better example that my entire family would be a lot healthier than we are now.

I am an unplugged eater..I get stressed, lonely, sad, bored, whatever, I distance myself from that emotion and unplug. Usually with a book orI turn the TV on without watching it..then I just eat..I could go through sun flower seeds till my tongue bled...I distinctly remember once lying on the couch, with a bag of chips, cheese dip and a 2 l of Dr. pepper next to me while I read a book..all day..it was a big book but geez!

Even today I still do that, only now, Ill being eating with out knowing it them WHAM! I have to run to the trashcan...