Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello everyone, I was sleeved Monday morning so if you don’t count the day of the sleeve I’m in day2. How long should I expect these gas pains? I’m walking as much as I can. It still hurts to sip Water.

Oops! I meant sleeved on Tuesday morning.

The best thing you can do is keep walking. The only thing I can promise is that it does get better. I am 10 days post-op and both gas pain and incision pain are completely gone. I only get pain if I roll over in bed too fast on the sensitive right side. Other than that, life is peachy. :-D

Generally I would say a week or less for gas pains from surgery.

How about drinking at eating anything cold?

I never had any issues with drinking hot or cold liquids. I'm even okay with my popsicles. That much said, I'm freezing my butt off despite 150 some pounds of insulation. The last thing I'm gonna reach for is a popsicle. I'm thinking that this coming summer is going to be so much easier to weather without all that added weight.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

How about drinking at eating anything cold?

I am trying to stay away from cold things. My Water is room temp. I was planning on a popsicle tonight though. Do you think that could make it worse?

I am trying to stay away from cold things. My Water is room temp. I was planning on a popsicle tonight though. Do you think that could make it worse?

I'm not real sure on that one. You could try a few licks and see how you feel. If you think it's making things worse, there is no harm in tossing it.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

What other things happen after surgery?

Gas
Little pain from incision

I haven’t had my surgery yet , looks like next month. Just want to know what to expect. And I realize everyone is different, I just want to be ready.

Thank you [emoji1374]

Please excuse my naivety here.....when you are speaking of gas.....do you mean from your intestine/bowels/colon (pardon...farting...sorry) or from gas within your whole body? from the surgery?

Both [emoji849]

HW 242, SW 236- (Bypass 12/20/17)
GW#1- 199 [emoji736] (2/11/18)
GW#2- 180 [emoji736] (4/2/18)
GW#3- 160
CW 180
5’6”

I haven’t had the VSG yet. But I’ve had a couple other abdominal surgeries. They blow your stomach up with air in order to do the operation laparoscopically. So after surgery that air has to go somewhere and it can take up to a week for it to completely leave your body some people have pain with it some have bloating, I personally had some pain and uncomfortableness but nothing unbearable. Gas-x is your friend!!!!!!