Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can’t take anymore Protein Drinks or powders! They are awful! I’ve tried muscle milk, protein2o, Premier Protein, trimino, Isopure, Unjury and others I can’t think of. Just mixed some unflavored Isopure in to milk and it tasted like gross cheese.

I’m having to suck on an occasional peppermint to get the Protein taste out of my mouth. I’m exactly 1 week out and ready for some real food protein.

Just venting.... I’ve got to figure out something. Ugh!

Avoid GENEPRO, it is crap and was successfully sued for false claims of "medical grade protein" and the claimed 30 grams of Protein. It is actually been proven in court that it is only 11 grams.

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/case/19892822/SI03,_Inc_v_Musclegen_Research,_Inc

MEMORANDUM AND ORDER re:25 MOTION for Default Judgment filed by Plaintiff SI03, Inc., 19 MOTION for Default Judgment filed by Plaintiff SI03, Inc. IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that Plaintiff SI03, Inc.'s Motion and Renewed Motion for Default Judgment and Entry of Permanent Injunction (ECF No. 19, 25) is GRANTED. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that a Permanent Injunction is entered in this case. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that no later than 21 days from the date of this Order, Defendant MuscleGen Research, Inc. shall recall and remove all products and printed materials that include a claim as set forth above. IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that no later than 10 days from the date of this Order, Plaintiff shall submit a form AO 133 Bill of Costs for the Court's consideration. IT IS FINALLY ORDERED that the Clerk of the Court shall serve a copy of this Memorandum and Order on Defendant via regular mail and certified mail to the following address: MuscleGen Research, Inc., 2425 Kildaire Farm Road, Suite 407, Cary, NC 28518. A separate judgment of default shall accompany this Memorandum and Order. Signed by District Judge Ronnie L. White on 12/12/17. (CSG)

My survival aide was Protein Water. There are several kinds (Atkins LIFT, Protein2O), and if you can't find it locally, try Amazon. It helps with both protein and water goals and isn't as sweet as many Protein Shakes.

You only have a week or so left on liquids, you can make it. I'd suggest trying Syntrax Nectar fruit flavors because they're more like drinking Crystal Lite, but it sounds like you've got enough Protein to last a lifetime already LOL... so in the meantime, maybe try mixing it into sugar-free pudding or Jello, or mix the unflavored into your cream Soups.

Before I realized that my whey Protein has a cheese aftertaste I dumped some in sugar free pudding. Fortunately it was cheesecake flavored so I can manage it.

I’m going to look for and try the nectar.

Maybe I’ll put some of the whey in a cheese based Soup. Wonder if I’ll be able to handle that.

Also emailed my dietitian to see the if I could try puréed egg salad or tuna.

Hot dang! Just got the ok from my NUT to start puréed foods!

Here I come ricotta bake and tuna/chicken salad.

I’m hoping to only need 1 shake a day and get the rest of my Protein from actual food. Let’s see if my baby stomach agrees with this :)

Isopure unflavored is disgusting... it definitely needs a flavor boost, try some orange crystal light. It makes a good mix and reminds me a little of Hi-C orange.

Unjury is my favorite so far, the vanilla is best mixed with either a teaspoon of sugar-free chocolate pudding and a scoop of P2B powder. But another good mix that I've come to love is with (again) the crystal light. It's almost like a creamsicle.

Finally... One last mix that I have come to love is a half serving of chocolate Protein with a half serving of isopure banana protein along with a scoop of P2B. It's not the same as eating a legit Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich, but I think Elvis would approve nonetheless.

Never really cared for Protein Drinks. I'm 2.5 months out and I'm able to get my Protein from my diet and rarely drink protein drinks now. Fairlife milk is high protein, lower carb, and tastes just like regular milk (maybe a bit better). I would mix Protein Powder with Sugar Free Chocolate pudding and a splash of fairlife milk to up my protein. Another way with was using vanilla sugar free pudding, protein powder, 1/3 banana mashed, and a splash of fairlife milk, let that sit in the fridge after mixing for a bit for the banana flavor to absorb into the pudding. Both ways really helped me get my protein in during the early days. They also sell mixes of sugar free pudding you can make with fairlife milk.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:12 AM, charismatic said:

Before I realized that my whey Protein has a cheese aftertaste I dumped some in sugar free pudding. Fortunately it was cheesecake flavored so I can manage it.

I’m going to look for and try the nectar.

Maybe I’ll put some of the whey in a cheese based Soup. Wonder if I’ll be able to handle that.

Also emailed my dietitian to see the if I could try puréed egg salad or tuna.< br />

I put some of the unflavored into cream of Tomato Soup and it gave it a ricotta type flavor that I found delicious! I have been struggling with getting in the Protein, but was pleasantly surprised by this combination.

I put some of the unflavored into cream of Tomato Soup and it gave it a ricotta type flavor that I found delicious! I have been struggling with getting in the Protein, but was pleasantly surprised by this combination.

I may try this. I love my Tomato Soup and if it taste cheesy that’s even better.

Today I had soft scrambled eggs with cheese. Ate the equivalent of 1 egg. It was delicious:)

Not enough Protein though. Today has been a rough day. I just don’t want anything high protein. Mixed some chocolate Premier Protein in with some no sugar added hot chocolate. It was ok.

Could you use the fruit essences liquids you find in the Soda Stream display, no calories. Could you use them for flavoring I Protein Shakes like you do with mio and crytal lite?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I’ve tried this - I have Unjury strawberry Sorbet and mix it with Mio lemonade. The strawberry has a bad after taste and it’s hard to get down.

I’ve ordered the nectar sample pack.... fingers crossed.

Wish I could donate Protein products that I ended up not liking. Such a waste.

57 minutes ago, charismatic said:

I’ve tried this - I have Unjury strawberry Sorbet and mix it with Mio lemonade. The strawberry has a bad after taste and it’s hard to get down.

I’ve ordered the nectar sample pack.... fingers crossed.

Wish I could donate Protein products that I ended up not liking. Such a waste.

Try getting creative with Protein products you dont like. Drinking them is boring. sugar free pudding, protein fluff, mugcakes smoothies, , Cookies are all things ive done with protein powder. Some are easier/healthier than others, but theres so many creative ways to use the stuff that it can go from disgusting crap to edible and enjoyable

Personally I think you take any protein powder mix it with coconut flour baking powder splenda and skim milk toss in the microwave and itll taste pretty decent (if thanks to only the coconut flour)