Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is the 4th of April. I’m so excited and nervous and can’t wait til it’s done and I’m healing. I’m so very excited! [emoji16]

Me too! Where are you located?

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

My nutritionist recommended Bone Broth Soup. I bought Pacific Foods chicken Bone broth it has 9 grams of Protein and I am adding flavor free Isopure if I need more protein. My liquid diet of premiere protein, bone broth and Water starts tomorrow. My surgery is April 5th. I know this is getting real because my hospital called and asked for my copay.

Big Smiles [emoji2] Thanks for the knowledge. I will definitely be looking into that. My date is the 4th

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

4 hours ago, Sharmeka said:

Me too. Where are you located. I am super-excited and nervous too. I just received the information literally two hours ago

Congrats!! I can’t wait!!

1 hour ago, Sleeved36 said:

I don't have a surgery date yet, but have been trying different liquid things.

I really like the chicken broth/soup from Unjury. It has 20 grams of Protein. Unjury also has pea Protein that I like added to Soups. For some reason unflavored whey protein adds a strange aftertaste/texture to Soups that is just disgusting to me.

Everyone has different opinions, those are just my few favorites. I would also like to hear other people's ideas.

No matter what, find a Vitamin routine that works for you and remember not to take Calcium and Iron at the same time. supplements for life are important; vitamin/mineral deficiencies can be serious. I am a nurse and have seen all sorts of bad stuff happen to bariatric patients that don't take thier Vitamins.

Don't let it be you!

Thank you!! I think to start I will get a Multivitamin and take in the morning with Vitamin D and Calcium and then at night take the Iron. Thanks for the tips on unjury my surgeon told me to get that!

Yep you got it perfect. I was in Columbus today, had to consult my lawyer on East Broad Street. When I have my surgery, which I don't have a firm date for, it will be at O.S.U.-Wexner Medical Center.[emoji381] Have next appointment in April[emoji414], I'm transferring records from another bariatric program there(quite a story to tell) and depending on any further requirements , could be Early May but surely before my high school reunion in August, my gut instinct mid May, but the same gut instinct told me to trust the prior program and it was wrong then. I remain committed to obtain my surgery, don't know if I'll have to crawl over broken glass to get it, but for my future health it needs to be done. I'm wandering around with a 46+ BMI[emoji26], I have lost 30lbs from my highest weight but I may have reached a natural set point because although my portions have reduced in size, and I've tried dropping all the bed things like soda, bread and its carbohydrate family like rice and [emoji501]Pasta, I drink flavored no calorie Water or plain water.[emoji477] But the weight loss has slowed down. Maybe I can start replacing meals with Protein Drinks or as the Weather moderates-' walk or exercise more. I also cut out pies, cakes, Cookies never ate that much candy so that was easy to give up. I am trying to be a good little presurg, will I get rewarded soon? Gosh I hope so![emoji68][emoji13]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I live in Connecticut. I’m having my surgery at a Veterans hospital in the Boston area in Massachusetts. 😊

My surgery is April 5th. I started my 2 week liquid diet today. After reading reviews from others, I chose premiere Protein. So far so good. They are not chalky at all.

My surgery is April 5th. I started my 2 week liquid diet today. After reading reviews from others, I chose premiere Protein. So far so good. They are not chalky at all.

I went to GNC and bought a tub of nitrotech whey gold, I bought the chocolate mocha Cappuccino and chocolate banana split. They're both so yummy and I can use them for my clear liquid after surgery. The tub will last me about 25 days and that's with 3 shakes a day. With GNC if I don't like the flavor (one I didn't) you can return it within 30 days. It has 2g of carbs and 24g Protein for 1 scoop. It's I think a 6 pound tub. And thank you for the advice about Iron and Calcium.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

I just want to give a shout of encouragement to you April 2018 sleevers! I was an April 2017 sleever and my life is so incredible now. It can get a little bumpy, but man, it is so worth it. You guys will be on the April 2019 threads doing the same thing this time next year. I wish you all the best!!

Mine is 4/12/2018! Super excited! I've been trying to lose weight since middle school and now I'm 22 and hoping for the best! I hope everyone gets to their goals! I can't wait to start my diets and stuff. :)

I got my approval letter from insurance on Friday and it says Date of Admission: 4/10/2018.... so does that mean I have surgery that day?? I haven't heard anything from the doctor yet. I'm super excited to have my surgery, but I thought I'd have a little more lead time lol. I finished my classes and pre-insurance submission stuff on March 7th and I thought I'd have a minute longer before I went in! I'm supposed to be at a conference for work that week :53_cold_sweat: