Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everybody I had my surgery on the 19th of April. Its an insane change but i actually dont mind it much. I did my op in Egypt where i am from and the Doctor’s rules are a lot tougher than what i read around here. I havent seen many posts including the use of a spirometer which he has me do every other hour. Its a nuisance but afterwards i get lots of relief. I will be on Clear Liquids for a week and then the plan is reassessed during my doctors appointment to see whether we move on or not.

Good puck to everyone and lets hope we all reach our goals.

Peace and Love
Oz

I too had to use a spirometer and I think most of us here had to. I think we forget to mention that. It helps to keep from developing pneumonia.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

22 minutes ago, ozzie84egy said:

Hi Everybody I had my surgery on the 19th of April. Its an insane change but i actually dont mind it much. I did my op in Egypt where i am from and the Doctor’s rules are a lot tougher than what i read around here. I havent seen many posts including the use of a spirometer which he has me do every other hour. Its a nuisance but afterwards i get lots of relief. I will be on Clear Liquids for a week and then the plan is reassessed during my doctors appointment to see whether we move on or not.

Good puck to everyone and lets hope we all reach our goals.

Peace and Love
Oz

I had my surgery on April 16th and I am on my week long Clear Liquids also.

I have had to use a spirometer also. I had to use it every two hours while in the hospital, then at least 4 times a day once I got home. It is a nuisance, but like you I can tell a difference in using it.

I had my sleeve surgery on April 18, 2018. Today is April 21 and I have been home since the evening of the 19th. I have a lot of gurgling in my stomach when I drink both Protein and hydrating liquids. I don’t know if I’m getting enough in my system each day. I can’t really tell if I’m full.I don’t know if I’m getting enough in my system each day. I can’t really tell if I’m full.

41 minutes ago, ElisabethE said:

I had my sleeve surgery on April 18, 2018. Today is April 21 and I have been home since the evening of the 19th. I have a lot of gurgling in my stomach when I drink both Protein and hydrating liquids. I don’t know if I’m getting enough in my system each day. I can’t really tell if I’m full.I don’t know if I’m getting enough in my system each day. I can’t really tell if I’m full.

@ElisabethE I had my surgery on 4/17 and I also have that gurgling sound when I drink. My nutritionist just called to follow up and said I could have 1/2 of a Protein Shake tomorrow then full liquids Monday.

On 4/21/2018 at 4:35 PM, ElisabethE said:

I felt the same and struggled with knowing if I was full. I followed the diet plan to the letter and eventually learned that what I was eating was making me full. I am just starting week #4 and still learning how to best manage eating - - knowing when I am full, what to eat to get the most nutrients, Vitamins, etc.

I'm at the hospital now waiting to go into the OR wish me luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

7 minutes ago, Saundra89 said:

good luck!

Good luck! You’ll do great!

Good Luck.

Things to do immediately after for a fast painless recovery.

Get up immediately to walk.
I did 1/2 a mile 1 he after ( 5 turns around the floor I was in)
And every time I had to pi I walk again.
This will help you eliminate gasses from traveling to your upper body and give you painful aches.
Breathing thingy every hour! It’s a must!
Your lungs need to recover and you want to avoid a pneumonia.

Ask the nurse for a girdle/lifting belt,
This will give you comfort and you will be able to sleep however you want except face down on your belly. I’m 5 days out of surgery and can totally sleep face down in my belly. I attended church and bible study in heels without a problem. Nice tight Spanx full body girdle helped.

Ok back to instructions.
Your mouth might feel dry and yucky.
Ask for a popsicle, the cold feels great in your mouth. Do not take bite off it! You cannot gulp down large qty, it will feel like a rock going down n in your belly.

Remember. You have a belly that takes only 1 oz for now. Ask the nurses for those 1 oz cups. Put your Water n shakes and any liquids you drink in them.

You can do 1 oz every 15 min.

When you get your liquid food.
I noticed I could feel the food going down my throat to my stomach. Weird. Take small sips of liquid and if you get Jello, chew it well and tiny pieces. I also got putting, they hadn’t added milk to it to soften it so I just took tiny qty and savored it in my mouth.

Once you get home, you must have at least 30 G Protein and 64 oz water.

Extra benefits to doing everything right:
“Protein is important to avoid Hair loss as well and water so it doesn’t dry out”

Don’t get aggravated about how long you have to wait to get real food. Patience......... realize you put yourself in this situation so don’t be angry at the world. ; )

Be positive and happy that you have an awesome tool now to get a healthy body back. If you add weights and running to a routine, you will Be rewarded with a sexy healthy body!

And yes we all have time to workout, working out actually gives you energy believe it or now. Once you get hooked on it you will crave it!

Follow instructions, don’t CHEAT.
Cheating will lead to more cheating and that’s not good.

I started at 205
2 days liquid diet took me to 201.3
This afternoon will be 5 days after surgery I’m at 193

Very happy with results so far and look forward to much more weight coming off once I get back to working out.

Good Luck!

Let us know how you’re doing, and how it went when you can!

Hello I don’t have suggestions because I have surgery tomorrow. However I’ve read many post and watched many videos. Most people say the weight-loss fluctuates during the first year. I think what you’re experiencing is typical. Keep up the good work.

@Saundra89 good luck and smooth healing from your surgery. Please check back in with us when your surgery is complete, we would love to hear from you.