Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone with a BMI less than 50 get the Loop DS/SIPS?

I have a BMI of 42.5 with no co morbities. I do suffer from knee pain and sciatica. Most of the research I have done recommends SIPS/Loop DS for a BMI > 50 so just curious if anyone with a similar BMI to myself has gotten the Loop DS? I am trying to decide between just the sleeve or the Loop DS.

I was at 48 and had SIPS on 12/11. Pleased with the results so far however it did not eliminate my diabetes.

SIPS procedure 12/11/17
SW 307
CW 214 GW 160

I had the SADi / Single Loop DS in Nov 2014 with a BMI of 40. Lost about 150lbs in 10 months, gained about 30 back (needed) and now I'm stable and still thin. The SADi was the right decision because the VSG part of the surgery takes the weight off but the malabsorption keeps it off. If I had the VSG only, a large chunk of the weight would be back on me by now. It would be my fault for poor eating habits but if you at going down this path, I would suggest doing some internal reflection on how long you plan to stick to a hard core diet. I work out now and eat better, but the SADi bails me out for bad decisions and frequent weakness on eating choices.

I had the traditional DS with a starting BMI of 40. However, my surgeon gave me a longer common channel so I didn't get too thin. My BMI is now 27.

Help is it the same as BILIO PANCREATIC DIVERSION?

I had a revision after 21 years from a GB to the distal revision (loop) i had my surgery on June 22 2019 I’ve only lost 21 lbs and have extreme gas and BM’s hoping it gets better. I had a BMI of 36%

I am getting Loop DS with a 44 BMI. Just finished my insurance pre req and waiting surgery date.

I had a BMI of 40 and had a Modified DS. Just hit 6 months in and my BMI is down to 27 and I'm down 80 lbs. I had a lapband before for 4 years and lived without it for about 4 years before I had the DS done. My thing was is I have major knee issues so cardio to work out is impossible. Sometimes I can barely walk. I lost 165 lbs when I had the lapband, my surgeon knew I'd do well with the DS.