Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Oregon Sleevers here?

I live in the Portland area.

Hope to have sleeve soon. Still going through the process at OHSU. Everyone has been great so far, just scheduling at least 1 month out so it is taking FOREVER.

What's your story?

I would also like to hear from other Oregon sleevers.

Edited by Sleeved36

Oh very good. It is so nice to find you here. I didn't know that OHSU had a program. I am having mine at Good Sam. I too am from Portland. My story, where do I begin. I get sleeved on May 9.

Hi! I'm in Oregon as well. I've been going through the program at OHSU. I've completed my 6 month insurance requirements... met with my surgeon, Dr. Farah Husein, for the first time last week. She was absolutely AMAZING! Oh my gosh, she put me at ease and made me feel like I'm in such good hands! :)

Now I'm just anxiously awaiting insurance approval to get this thing scheduled! Fingers crossed...

Where are you at in your journey's?

I am also going to OHSU. Had my psych eval today -passed 😊 Next is cardiology and 1 weight loss class (April 6). Then I can get on with it!

Keep me posted on how long this last part takes.

Salem here! My insurance excludes bariatric surgery so I am headed to Mexico for surgery on May 2! Super excited :D

18 hours ago, Sleeved36 said:

I am also going to OHSU. Had my psych eval today -passed 😊 Next is cardiology and 1 weight loss class (April 6). Then I can get on with it!

Keep me posted on how long this last part takes.

Awesome! Nice to meet others in the area :)

Sounds like it may be a different process for you. I know it all varies by insurance. I had to do 6 months of monitored diet/exercise. But I had my very first apt at OHSU way back on Aug 9th! My psych evaluation was Oct. 5th. So, I guess I’m going on 8 months of this craziness... And I’m beyond ready for this surgery to happen!

2 hours ago, janellody said:

Salem here! My insurance excludes bariatric surgery so I am headed to Mexico for surgery on May 2! Super excited :D

Fantastic! If my insurance denies this, I’ll probably go the Mexico route as well! How long has that process taken? From first consult to your May surgery day? I kind of wish I would’ve gone that route anyway. It’s going to cost about the same and this has been a long, frustrating 8 months to say the least

I'm in Portland. I had my surgery in Mexico in 2011. I went from 232 to 134, today I weigh 140. People call me skinny! Happy to help anyone who has questions about life after surgery. Good luck, pre-ops!

Foxbins: What surgery did you have? And give me your top 3 pieces of advice post-op, or more if you have them :) Any particular foods or restaurants that helped? Always looking for local.

I meet with the surgeon 4/6 and should get a surgery date right after that (I already know my insurance covers right away, so lucky that way).

I’m from Portland and am flying to San Diego Wednesday to have my surgery done Thursday in Mexico. MBC has been absolutely great to work with and, as long as you leave enough time for your pre-op diet, the scheduling process can be as quick as you want it. I scheduled mine back in Jan but waited until April to have it since I had a lot going on in feb and mar. It’s nice to know so many people are close by!

On 3/23/2018 at 3:30 PM, Sparkle&Storm said:

Fantastic! If my insurance denies this, I’ll probably go the Mexico route as well! How long has that process taken? From first consult to your May surgery day? I kind of wish I would’ve gone that route anyway. It’s going to cost about the same and this has been a long, frustrating 8 months to say the least

You can schedule within a month or so. I go through OCC and did for my band also (this is revision), and they are excellent. They gave me a pre-op diet I am on now and I spoke to a doctor before I scheduled. I speak with the nutritionist through email all the time for diet help.

On 3/19/2018 at 1:34 PM, Sleeved36 said:

I live in the Portland area.

Hope to have sleeve soon. Still going through the process at OHSU. Everyone has been great so far, just scheduling at least 1 month out so it is taking FOREVER.

What's your story?

I would also like to hear from other Oregon sleevers.

On 3/19/2018 at 4:45 PM, apositivelife4me said:

Oh very good. It is so nice to find you here. I didn't know that OHSU had a program. I am having mine at Good Sam. I too am from Portland. My story, where do I begin. I get sleeved on May 9.

Dr Patterson perchance!? Yay me too! I got my date 6/6! Trying to absorb as much information as I can in two short months before my life changes forever!

On 3/19/2018 at 10:36 AM, apositivelife4me said:

Was just wondering if there were other people in the forums that are from Oregon.

Edited by Scarlatti0521

I had my sleeve done February 26th in Eugene by Dr. MacColl.