Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9months post op and 5 weeks pregnant

I just found out I’m pregnant. I’m nervous I’m only 9 months post op. My doctor said to wait at least a year. I’ve lost about 116 lbs and my weight pops has slowed considerably. Anyone have any positive stories?

Congratulations! Wishing you the best!

Congratulations!!! There are many people on YouTube who documented their Journey and have had successful pregnancies and healthy babies.

I had my own personal experience and it did not go well. It's not something I talk about. However, it is best that you find an OBGYN that is also aware of patients who have had weight loss surgery.

Congratulations!!! There are many people on YouTube who documented their Journey and have had successful pregnancies and healthy babies.

I had my own personal experience and it did not go well. It's not something I talk about. However, it is best that you find an OBGYN that is also aware of patients who have had weight loss surgery.

Thank you for your support. I’m sorry to hear your experience wasn’t positive.

Do u mind explaining what happened? Did you get pregnant after wls. I'm curious because every piece of info helps with these types of situations. However, If it's too much I understand.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I got pregnant after WLS. I got pregnant about 3 months out. I was not aware that I was. I did not know (I rarely get periods, so not getting one was normal). I was working out a lot, not sleeping enough, highly stressed out from work, not eating like I should and skipping Vitamins. I was about 5 weeks when I miscarried and found out.

It really messed with me mentally because I felt like had I known, I would have done better. I would have relaxed more, slept more when I was tired, took my vitamins. Made myself eat more. I fell into a depression for a little bit, blaming myself.

However, since I realized that I could have children, should the day come again, I want to be the best and most active me I could possibly be.

I never said anything about it on here because I just did not want people judging me. I never thought I could have children. I was told from 16 that it was not an option.

This is why I say, find an OBGYN who is familiar with WLS and pregnancies. Make sure you are eating enough, cut back on the exercise and when you are tired, sleep. Get a good night sleep. Do not put undue strain on your body and do not let things stress you out.

I know you wanted a positive story but sometimes the negative ones, help the most.

Edited by Sleeve1stFitNext