Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking my liver

I am having surgery this Thursday (03/21/18). I have not followed my diet 100%. I found myself having "goodbye" meals. I have 5 days till surgery and I am on a strict liquid diet. I am worried that my liver will still be large. Should I be concerned or will I be Ok? I appreciate any feed back. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Five days is better than no days. Stay on target for the time you have left. Goodbye meals are a myth. You will be able to eat these foods again, just in small portions and hopefully with less desire some months from now.

If you were on a preop six month diet that you followed fairly well and lost some weight you will probably be alright. A lot of this depends on if if you carry weight in your abdomen or hips and thighs to begin with.

If you watch a bariatric operation, you can see the liver hanging down and see why it would be an issue if it was too large. Stay on task the time you have left. There have been people that have been cancelled, although it seems rare why risk it?

You still have more than 1/2 of what you were supposed do. You can't necessarily get those back but be super vigilant these last few days, hopefully,it will still make a difference. Take in plenty of fluids also, a lot of people go into surgeries dehydrated, not just this kind. And remember you'll probably be NPO from midnight on so fluff up on fluids before that time. Also relax and think calm peaceful thoughts on these remaining days, stress is rough on you. And remember your Bari--friends you!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

6 minutes ago, Deb Guadalupe said:

I was suppose to be on a full liquid diet for 8 days and now only have 5 days left.

Hopefully you will be fine. The only way you will know it’s not fine is if your surgery is not completed. Statistically speaking, you should be okay. Get your head in the game, remember why you are doing this for yourself. You can do five days. Lots of us did two weeks.

11 minutes ago, frust8 said:

Would it be better to think of foods going on a little holiday instead of total farewell?

This. Lots of people go on “food funerals”. It’s very common. But we are only human and the chances of you say never having a bite of pizza, or another chocolate chip cookie for the rest of your life....well it seems unrealistic and unreasonable.

I am having surgery this Thursday (03/21/18). I have not followed my diet 100%. I found myself having "goodbye" meals. I have 5 days till surgery and I am on a strict liquid diet. I am worried that my liver will still be large. Should I be concerned or will I be Ok? I appreciate any feed back. Thanks
Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgeon knew I was obsessing over the diet and took me off the diet. I lost ten pounds in one weeks during my preop diet. Your liver should be fine.

How are you doing now VanessaKaye? I guess yo must be post surgery by this time.

I am! I'm doing well! I had my surgery on March 12th. Everything went smoothly. Only complications I had was breathing but that's because I have asthma.

Well Deb- how did the surgery go? When did you get out of the hospital & how are you feeling?Are You getting your full 64 oz down? Please,share all,your facts with us.-[emoji14][emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]