Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sample meal plans

I remember asking this and no one replying to it here: so i will gladly reply to you!!

I am 2.5 months post op with no restrictions and here is a sample day for me:

Breakfast- 2 egg whites scrambled with 1/2 slice ham and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese

OR 1/2 cup 1% friendship cottage cheese with 3 chunks pineapple

Lunch- (usually leftovers) 2 grilled chicken tenderloins and 1/4 cup veggie (this stuffs me).

OR canned albacore tuna with a dash olive oil mayo, dill relish, salt and pepper in a little bowl. (Chicken salad would be good too)

Snack (I don’t always have)- 1 Greek yogurt or string cheese

Dinner- shredded Mexican chicken (in my crock pot or instant pot) a little refried bean and a sprinkle of cheese and salsa (2-3 oz chicken max)

This menu and ones like it leaves me 100 percent satisfied and quite full after each meal. Like I said I don’t usually have a snack and if i do it’s because i did an hour long cardio class or I’m purposely breaking a stall (the carbs from the yogurt seem to break my stalls).

I don’t dream about food ever and move on after a meal easily. It’s a dream come true. Good luck!

There are several threads in which people report what they've actually eaten for meals--these threads cover a week or a month at a time, so you do get a lot of information and variety from them.

I tend to have either high-protein oatmeal for Breakfast or an egg with bacon, sausage, or ham. Sometimes the egg is an omelet with cheese and onion or spinach. Sometimes I have a piece of rye toast. My lunch as often as not is cottage cheese and pineapple. dinner is more varied--sometimes fish, sometimes hamburger or chicken (one thigh is about right as a portion). I ought to eat more vegetables. My preference for a snack is cashews or some string cheese or a piece of fruit, although the latter isn't a good choice if I haven't had much Protein. Occasionally I'll have a Protein Shake as a meal, either out of laziness or to make sure I get the protein.

I have also found some high-protein Pasta (made with lentils), so I've used that to make macaroni and cheese. I've found a very small serving of that is filling. I also drink protein Water sometimes.

You may have noticed the theme here: it's to make sure I get enough protein. If I focus on that, I don't have room for much else.

I also have one or two cups of coffee a day and/or sometimes a cup of tea.

I've eaten plenty of things I shouldn't have, but in general I try to stay pretty close to the plan, and I'm okay with the amount and rate of weight loss I've experienced. I don't think I'm done or anywhere near it.

Ok, I'll play!

I'm only 4 weeks tomorrow. And I'm sure I'm eating more volume than most of my peers who had RNY on the same day or thereabouts. :( So I don't know if this is good info to give you ro bad?

B1: 3 cupz decaff with Miralax (17g divided) + 8oz Premier Prot (divided as coffee creamer)

B2: 1 egg scramble with 7g turkey sausage crumbles + 1oz chopped spinach + sometimes 1/2oz 2% cheese slice

L: 2oz Protein + 1oz steamed veg (canned chicken, chicken tenders, sliced chickie boob, canned tuna, sardines + mustard, leftover meat from dinn the night before

AS: 2oz prot + 1oz steamed veg (see Proteins above) + 1tbsp WF zero cal dressing of some flavor

D: 2oz prot + 1oz steamed veg (see proteins above) + 2tbsp of some low calories/low sugar/low carb/low fat (LOL) sauce

That usually gets me 60g of Protein for the day. That's my goal.

The rest that just falls into place is: <500 cals; <20g fat; <20g carbs; <5-10g sugars (naturally occurring)

But as I said, I think I'm probably eating 1oz more protein per meal than most can handle right now. I'm on fork mashable softs right now and will likely be here another couple of weeks?

I remember asking this and no one replying to it here: so i will gladly reply to you!!

I am 2.5 months post op with no restrictions and here is a sample day for me:

Breakfast- 2 egg whites scrambled with 1/2 slice ham and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese

OR 1/2 cup 1% friendship cottage cheese with 3 chunks pineapple

Lunch- (usually leftovers) 2 grilled chicken tenderloins and 1/4 cup veggie (this stuffs me).

OR canned albacore tuna with a dash olive oil mayo, dill relish, salt and pepper in a little bowl. (Chicken salad would be good too)

Snack (I don’t always have)- 1 Greek yogurt or string cheese

Dinner- shredded Mexican chicken (in my crock pot or instant pot) a little refried bean and a sprinkle of cheese and salsa (2-3 oz chicken max)

This menu and ones like it leaves me 100 percent satisfied and quite full after each meal. Like I said I don’t usually have a snack and if i do it’s because i did an hour long cardio class or I’m purposely breaking a stall (the carbs from the yogurt seem to break my stalls).

I don’t dream about food ever and move on after a meal easily. It’s a dream come true. Good luck!

Do you have a recipe for the Mexican chicken?

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app