Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there any iron that is not constipating?

I have a terrible time with Constipation. Every time someone tells me this type of Iron or that type of iron is not constipating, I get extremely constipated. I have to take iron because I become extremely anemic immediately if I don't. Is there any kind that is truly not constipating?

My surgeon prefers to give Iron infusions if you get low on iron instead of pills because of the Constipation issue. Plus he says the pills don’t absorb well.

so maybe ask about iron infusions.

they don't usually do Iron infusions on people with the sleeve, but I've heard of a lot of gastric bypass people having them done

I was sleeved in Dec. I had low Iron before I had surgery. It was even worse after the surgery. I had the same similar complications. I went to the natural food store and was introduced to "Yellow dock "by nature's sunshine. It has worked wonders for me. My labs came back normal after I had taken it. Plus I feel great. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/24/2018 at 5:13 AM, Bethany Ware said:

I was sleeved in Dec. I had low Iron before I had surgery. It was even worse after the surgery. I had the same similar complications. I went to the natural food store and was introduced to "Yellow dock "by nature's sunshine. It has worked wonders for me. My labs came back normal after I had taken it. Plus I feel great. Hope this helps.

What is this "Yellow Dock" is it a laxative? If your labs came back normal, is it something that has Iron in it? I am confused....I just want to keep my iron levels normal and not be so constipated.

So many people take Miralax but my doctor told me it causes kidney failure and my mom died from kidney failure. It says right on the container not to take it more than 14 days. This is always a problem and I have been sleeved almost 9 years and I need a permanent solution.

No it does not have Iron in it. I am not a physician by no means so I will explain it the best way I know how.It helps treat the problem instead of the symptom. Low iron/anemia is caused by low blood cells. This helps purify the functions of the body that produces the blood cells. I know it sounds weird but it works for me. Iron treats the symptom. Yellow dock supports the root problem that causes the blood count to be low. I have suffered a long time and to finally find something that does not leave me constipated and helps treat my anemia. Thumbs up for me. Hope this helps.

Where do I get this Yellow Dock?

thank you ! I will go to the health food store and see if they have them