Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquor diet woes

Hi everyone I’m 3 days into my liquid diet and I feel terrible and it sucks that I work from home and have to cook for my family I have to admit I did cheat with 4oz of leanchicken breast today I felt so nauseous and on top of that I have a full three week liquid diet my surgery is April 5th any tips out there that any one can share pleAse it is appreciated

Oh I wish I did.

The liquid diet was by far, the most challenging part of the process for me.

On the plus side...Day 3 was the hardest day for me. After that I just kinda gave up and put one foot in front of the other the best I could. Got comments from friends that I seemed so miserable they worried about me. I felt like I was in a fog all the time. Had a very hard time doing mentally engaging work. Was seriously concerned if it impaired my driving.

Do your best not to cheat, but if you cheat...don't eat carbs. Stick to lean Protein and non starchy veggies.

Take it a day at a time.

I swear it gets better...but this is the tough part. Keep fighting. You'll make it.

Oh I wish I did.
The liquid diet was by far, the most challenging part of the process for me.
On the plus side...Day 3 was the hardest day for me. After that I just kinda gave up and put one foot in front of the other the best I could. Got comments from friends that I seemed so miserable they worried about me. I felt like I was in a fog all the time. Had a very hard time doing mentally engaging work. Was seriously concerned if it impaired my driving.
Do your best not to cheat, but if you cheat...don't eat carbs. Stick to lean Protein and non starchy veggies.
Take it a day at a time.
I swear it gets better...but this is the tough part. Keep fighting. You'll make it.

Thank you so much I do appreciate the feed back I’m gonna try my hardest

The liquid diet is one of the hardest parts. You feel tired and worn down the first 3 days. After that, your body will adapt to the new diet and you will start to slowly feel better. I was allowed to have non-starchy vegetables and I was eating cucumbers, spinach, and pickles.

It will get easier after you get over the first 3-days.

The liquid diet is one of the hardest parts. You feel tired and worn down the first 3 days. After that, your body will adapt to the new diet and you will start to slowly feel better. I was allowed to have non-starchy vegetables and I was eating cucumbers, spinach, and pickles.
It will get easier after you get over the first 3-days.

Thank you so much for your response

8 hours ago, thenewmari said:

Hi everyone I’m 3 days into my liquid diet and I feel terrible and it sucks that I work from home and have to cook for my family I have to admit I did cheat with 4oz of leanchicken breast today I felt so nauseous and on top of that I have a full three week liquid diet my surgery is April 5th any tips out there that any one can share pleAse it is appreciated [emoji4]

The liquid diet is a right of passage. Here is a way to look at it: you are making yourself safer for surgery. If you keep this tucked into the back of your mind, then it becomes easier. Yes, the liquid diet sucks a$$. There is really no other way to put it. One thing that seemed to help me was sugar-free popsicles. They have a lot of flavor and seem to distract from the hunger. It also gets easier after 5 days or so. The physical hunger goes away but you may still have head hunger or the desire to eat.

I am well into my two week pre op liquid diet and I sweat this is killing me. I'll admit that I ate a tuna packet early on, then took some magnesium citrate to get it out of my system. DO NOT CHEAT! I promise it is not worth it! Magnesium citrate is a fate that I wish on no one!

My only advice is to diversify what you're eating as much as possible. I went from Premier drinks, to Fairlife Protein, to different types of Soups that are validated under the liquid diet. I was craving salty things, so the soups definitely helped me out with that!