Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all!!!

As I reach my 1-year post-op, I am considering an Extended Tummy Tuck plus Lipo. I was wondering if anyone has had an Extended Tummy Tuck with Lipo done either at the BariatricPal Hospital or anywhere else and can recommend them?

Also, what was the apprx. cost of your surgery?

Thank you.

Im curious as well

Sent from my LGMP450 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a Tummy Tuck in 2010.

I’ve had many major surgeries due to health issues si I was not afraid. I have to warn you, when I took off bandages I freaked out for a bitand cried. I looked like Frankenstein. My cut was huge almost all the way around. I also had Lipo so I was purple everywhere.

Recovery wasn’t bad, I was back doing step class “ low impact” with a tight girdle in s month.

There are things they don’t tell after surgery so here are some suggestions.

Get a long pair of cooking thongs, and wet wipes. You cannot reach sideways or under to wipe. The first time I had to pee it was painful to reach and wipe so I thought omg! What if I poop? So I headed to the kitchen to get my thongs and then it was a good thing I always kept face wipes so I used them until I got regular wipes.

Oh! Things are pulled up so your pubic hair line will be a bit higher and bend over when you pee or you will see pee shooting out and have pee running down the toilet bowl .

I don’t sugar coats thing I will say things as they are.

Important to drink lots of Water and moisturize your skin daily before surgery, that will create good elasticity.

And kept that up after as well.

Cost was $12K

Hope this helps.

I didn't have a Tummy Tuck but insurance did pay for apron surgery (panniculectomy). It was just the big overhang of skin. I started out at 520lbs and by the time I have lost 200lbs I had a tremendous amount of skin. It has been a little over a year since that surgery and I've since lost another 100lbs. I am in need of a second apron surgery. I'm hoping insurance pays again but if not I am considering self pay full body lift.

I didn't have a Tummy Tuck but insurance did pay for apron surgery (panniculectomy). It was just the big overhang of skin. I started out at 520lbs and by the time I have lost 200lbs I had a tremendous amount of skin. It has been a little over a year since that surgery and I've since lost another 100lbs. I am in need of a second apron surgery. I'm hoping insurance pays again but if not I am considering self pay full body lift.

Oh ok. So you knew in advance you would need a panniculectomy did you have to wait to get approved for that as well or do they submitt for bitg at the same time?

Hi all!!!
As I reach my 1-year post-op, I am considering an Extended Tummy Tuck plus Lipo. I was wondering if anyone has had an Extended Tummy Tuck with Lipo done either at the BariatricPal Hospital or anywhere else and can recommend them?
Also, what was the apprx. cost of your surgery?
Thank you.

Is the extended tummy tuck the same as the panni? What are you gonna get lipo on?

On 3/21/2018 at 2:57 PM, Nannett1966 said:

I had a Tummy Tuck in 2010.

I’ve had many major surgeries due to health issues si I was not afraid. I have to warn you, when I took off bandages I freaked out for a bitand cried. I looked like Frankenstein. My cut was huge almost all the way around. I also had Lipo so I was purple everywhere.

Recovery wasn’t bad, I was back doing step class “ low impact” with a tight girdle in s month.

There are things they don’t tell after surgery so here are some suggestions.

Get a long pair of cooking thongs, and wet wipes. You cannot reach sideways or under to wipe. The first time I had to pee it was painful to reach and wipe so I thought omg! What if I poop? So I headed to the kitchen to get my thongs and then it was a good thing I always kept face wipes so I used them until I got regular wipes.

Oh! Things are pulled up so your pubic hair line will be a bit higher and bend over when you pee or you will see pee shooting out and have pee running down the toilet bowl .

I don’t sugar coats thing I will say things as they are.

Important to drink lots of Water and moisturize your skin daily before surgery, that will create good elasticity.

And kept that up after as well.

Cost was $12K

Hope this helps.

Do you have to have the vaginal area “pulled up” and changed with the lower body lift? People say that it leads to discomfort in the privates when you wear jeans or just any time. I’d like “natural protection” for that area like there is now. Can’t they do it without changing the vagina position?

I haven’t had a tt yet but I was on my way back in 2013 and found out I was 2 mos pregnant. Well needless to say I gained all my weight back just had my lapband removed looking to have the sleeve in July and Tummy Tuck, muscle repair and Bbl done in the Dominican Republic in Feb 2019 cost is 6100.00 for everything except plane ticket

Thank you everyone.

I have spoken with a Surgeon here in NYC $14,000 for a Tummy Tuck. For Bariatric Hospital MX, they are asking for $11,000 for Tummy Tuck, Lipo and fixing my back.

All and all it is a lot of money, either way, I look at it. I thought it would be a lot cheaper at least almost $8,000 but I am still in the double digits here.

I have decided to do what my friends have been saying. Give my body another year or hardcore working out and weight training. They feel like it will help alleviate a lot of the fat and help tighten some of the loose skin.