Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having the surgery in the morning tomorrow.

I am so cold! If you knew me you'd know that's almost unheard of unless i'm sick. I am guessing it's all the Water and other fluids i'm taking in today. 60ozs so far of liquid. I tried some Decaf coffee and it was eck. Now I'm about to try some decaffeinated tea hot. I think my hands are about as cold as i've ever felt normally.

I've read that a lot of people are cold after surgery. I am usually very hot natured so I am wondering what some of y'alls experiences with that may be?

mels, i was always the one in shorts and tee shirt year round and i dont even own a long sleeve shirt.

my wife called me her own space heater cause you could feel the heat radiate off me.

Now my hands are cold most all the time and i have not enjoyed this winter at all. my tolerance for cold is way down.

its a price i gladly pay to feel this good.

good luck on the 14th hope it goes smoothly and you have a great recovery,

There's a lady in Florida using a space heater while her roommate has the air conditioning on in her part of the house. Another in California either lies in the sun like a snake or wears sweats with a hood on overcast days, A man who got a heated seat for his office chair. So you see this is common. The problem is partially when you lost your fat you lost natural insulation. Your body is no longer in overdrive metabolically.You body has to,work,at burning fat off when it wishes it could Take a vacation, your calories are low and it's still recovering from the shock of surgery. It just might not have spare energy to let you shiver. Put on some more sweaters, summer will be coming soon! And it v is gonna be all right.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on surgery tomorrow. I live in flannel pjs and long tshirts and my hooded yoda robe with a scarf. I live in Houston. It's spring and 80 degrees outside. LOL. It's quite the look...

Yes! I am constantly cold@ Doesn't help that I live in frigid Minnesota. I am dreaming of a tropical spring break! I used to be hot all the time. I actually prefer the cold!

I ended up in the ER becuase I could not get warm (teeth chattering cold) and was having stomach pain. They gave me fluids and sent me home. I had layers on a so many blankets! It took a few days to get used to the change but my body finally adjusted. I've always been the one who is cold so at least I'm used to always having a blanket nearby.

Cold nearly all the time now, but I like it better than being hot - there are a limited number of layers you can shed when you are hot, unless you like getting arrested!!!👙

Hun, I am 3 weeks post-op and I thought I was weird because I have been freezing ever since surgery. Now, admittedly, it's been unseasonably cold here but I am normally the one who is always hot. Glad to know I am not the only one.