Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Gastric Bypass Group

On 7/27/2018 at 12:38 AM, kimbers18 said:

Checking in...first time secure enough to post a before and after (I have very few before pics). Down a total of 110 since Jan 1st, down 75 since surgery March 7. Went from a Lane Bryant size 28 to a LB size 14. I’m going to need to find a new store!!!

(And I got the new job where no one knows the former 300+ lb me)...

I now spend all my free time at Taylor Swift concerts because I have nothing but energy! I may even try the pit for a show in September since I can stand for hours and no longer spend extra money flying first class or buying an extra ticket to fit comfortably in a plane seat!

FCEEC26D-6D9A-4CA7-9C0D-3C53FD1C9C5F.jpeg

You look amazing! Congratulations! Please continue to share your journey!

My sister told me my before/after does not adequately detail my “before”. She had a photo I conveniently forgot existed...so here’s my “real” before and current (within a week) after...

FA07B9EB-49C8-450F-9649-A669AFA07777.jpeg

Going in for my 6 month follow-up today. Thought I'd post some updated pictures and stats. Currently in a size 8 - have lost 86 pounds - 35 pounds to goal. Pictures taken last week. 5b97de1807efc_9.6.18F2F.jpg.5dc9f57afe09ab13606cf457fe9c7f16.jpg5b97de1e47650_sidebyside.jpg.8c1dc15890bfe836ebe80f87a47d85ff.jpg

Have not had any issues. food and eating is pretty perfunctory for me now. I don't really get hungry. I don't really crave anything. I eat pretty much anything I want, but continue to make good choices - lean Proteins first, veggies next, then perhaps a carb (particularly if I'm plateaued for awhile) just to jump start the weight loss again. Not too bad with sagging skin - arms and tummy and inner thighs but not completely unsightly.

hair thinning seems to have slowed - I did get what they call a "topper" to help fill out the hair - I'm wearing it in the top left and bottom right pictures. Looking forward to my hair coming back in full :)

That's it for the 6 month update.

3 minutes ago, Roxine said:

Going in for my 6 month follow-up today. Thought I'd post some updated pictures and stats. Currently in a size 8 - have lost 86 pounds - 35 pounds to goal. Pictures taken last week. 5b97de1807efc_9.6.18F2F.jpg.5dc9f57afe09ab13606cf457fe9c7f16.jpg 5b97de1e47650_sidebyside.jpg.8c1dc15890bfe836ebe80f87a47d85ff.jpg

Have not had any issues. food and eating is pretty perfunctory for me now. I don't really get hungry. I don't really crave anything. I eat pretty much anything I want, but continue to make good choices - lean Proteins first, veggies next, then perhaps a carb (particularly if I'm plateaued for awhile) just to jump start the weight loss again. Not too bad with sagging skin - arms and tummy and inner thighs but not completely unsightly.

hair thinning seems to have slowed - I did get what they call a "topper" to help fill out the hair - I'm wearing it in the top left and bottom right pictures. Looking forward to my hair coming back in full :)

That's it for the 6 month update.

Wow, you're doing great, @Roxine!

Oops. Forgot to check in. It’s been just a few days past the 6 month mark. Today I officially hit the 100 pound mark from my first visit!! In all the times of done weight watchers, calorie counting, whatever, I have NEVER made it to the 100 pound mark. After I got off the scale I just had to sit down to take it all in. My mind has finally swapped over to knowing I will succeed!! I wanted to hit the 100 pound mark by my birthday. I hit it a week sooner. My surgeon wanted me to hit the 100 pound mark by my next appt on January 2nd. I hit it 3 and some change sooner. Words can not describe the difference I feel.

6 month check up

90 pounds lost since surgery (117 since first visit)

75 pounds to go to my personal goal , so I am a bit behind projection schedule for 1 year.

I was low on A and Zinc so adding extra supplements (but don’t need Iron or D).

No longer taking meds for cholesterol and diabetes ( this was major goal!)

Usually drinking 75+ oz. Water daily

I no longer have foot, ankle, knee pain and can walk over 10,000 steps daily without problems.

I was doing 1 hour water aerobics but need to replace now that pool is closed.

Clothes falling off but getting lots from my sister and friends so I’ve only had to buy a couple items.

No problems with eating except that I have to use more self control because I do have cravings....and can eat pretty much anything ( not eating rice, potatoes, Pasta ...trying to keep under 50 carbs.). I have eaten some bread, crackers, pretzels. Mostly eating yogurt, eggs, shakes, meat, cheese and occasionally some salad and a bite or two of veggies or fruit. I really don’t feel deprived.

I get lots of compliments and support but feel I still have a long way to go!

6 months post opp, This year HW 389, surgery March 26th 371, CW 252, down 137. GW is 189. I’m bike riding 10 miles a day. And going to start the gym three days a week as well. Still eating 100 grams of Protein and 700-1000 calories a day.

6 months! Surgery was on March 19th, HW 291, SW 285, CW 180, GW 140.

image-0.0100135803222656.jpg

Good morning all, I'm Diana had my gastric bypass March 9th 2018 I started at 245 lbs size 20, then went into surgery at 220 lbs. As of today my weight is 133 lbs. Using a size 6 lose. Know my doctor wants me to stop losing weight lol. My problem here is my Achalasia III, it's not helping even though my surgeon cut the muscles around my esophagus to relieve the symptoms I still can't eat or drink like a normal person. Decision decisions decisions! Looking at another procedure to relieve this Achalasia.

20181009_171517.jpg