Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Gastric Bypass Group

17 hours ago, Saranimal83 said:

I feel okay. Accept it hurts after I swallow like in my esophagus.

I'm sure that's from the nasal canula they had in during surgery. My throat was super sore after surgery as well. Ice chips made it feel much better!

When do you go home?

First not so good night/morning. But I think it may be because I'm not drinking enough Water. I was trying to replace some of my Fluid intake by adding two cups of coffee per day, but I think that's not working well. I'm going to go back to drinking water for the next few days and see if I can get things moving.

Had a bout of stomach upset last night with a little bit of diarrhea. I haven't had a good bowel movement in about 3 days so I can feel that I'm constipated. My plan is to revert back to a very soft diet, increase liquids and see if I can solve the problem.

This morning I woke up and in an effort to increase my Protein had hummus for Breakfast. Well, that didn't settle well and for the first time I'm actually nauseated. I did eat it with a Wasa crisp flat bread, so that probably didn't help my feeling of Constipation. It's a learning curve at this point I guess.

I'm trying to resolve without resorting to some kind of laxative. But if I don't have a bowel movement soon, I will call my doctor's office and see what they want me to do.

Anyone else experience something similar once you moved to more substantive foods?

Thanks for listening.

Keep some Smooth Move Tea on your in-case shelf. I think everyone should have one of those, mine is a small plastic tote I keep under my bedside table, I have a box of Smooth Move tea, Miramax & M..O.M so far in there, I'm sure a few more things will be going in there. I lurk and listen what had worked for other people doing their journeys and I've learned a lot already.[emoji12]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

17 minutes ago, frust8 said:

Keep some Smooth Move Tea on your in-case shelf. I think everyone should have one of those, mine is a small plastic tote I keep under my bedside table, I have a box of Smooth Move tea, Miramax & M..O.M so far in there, I'm sure a few more things will be going in there. I lurk and listen what had worked for other people doing their journeys and I've learned a lot already.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for the tip - just put it on my husband's shopping list :)

Ok I’m back. Im came home earlier today an the journey home was HORRIBLE!!!! It doesn’t help that Memphis has hella potholes. Anywho, surgery went well. I’m not in pain but I’m feeling very very uncomfortable. I don’t have an appetite but I’m sure I need to try something. I’m burping a lot and haven’t had a bowel movement. So I kno it’s still gas there. sugar free popsicles are getting me through

I enjoy reading all these topics. I am from Jackson, Tn. I am having the surgery in June. I am 56 years old, and have not decided which one to have yet? Any suggestions would be great! Good luck on your journey.

I enjoy reading all these topics. I am from Jackson, Tn. I am having the surgery in June. I am 56 years old, and have not decided which one to have yet? Any suggestions would be great! Good luck on your journey.

Hi, I actually had the option to do either the sleeve or bypass. I chose bypass because it’s the #1 go to and I knew I wanted to loose as much as possible. My grandma actually had the sleeve done last year and she’s 59. She looks great and said it was the best decision she made. It really depends on the size you are shooting for and the work you plan to put in later. That’s my opinion.

Hello everyone, had my surgery on March 19th... Woke up in excruciating pain that lasted until Monday evening. Apparently one of the stitches was stitched onto a nerve. It finally worked its way off and now I'm feeling much better. Everything else has went smoothly, started my pureed stage yesterday with some applesauce and cottage cheese for breakfast and some homemade refried Beans and cheese for lunch and dinner. I don't think my new tummy is liking the beans very much. So gonna try something else today. Really happy the pain is gone and finally able to be excited about my future post gastric bypass life. Had buyer's remorse really bad with all of the pain I was having but feel completely different now.

Hw- 327
Sw-270
Cw-not sure yet -waiting to weigh until a month out

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Finally had my post op Dr. Appt. and nutritionist visit.

Everything is going great.

I’ve lost 22 pounds from my official surgery weight (but I know 9 was pre surgery). They said I can expect about a pound a day average loss at first.

I had my first puréed meal, chili. I also had some yogurt. I’m going to eat more chili for dinner and I puréed some cottage cheese and peaches for a snack later (when I puréed it , it got warm so I had to refrigerate 😉).

They want me to up my Water to 100oz.

I also have to double my Multivitamin.

Also I am ok to start exercise routine.

One week purée ,1 week soft, then start adding back other solid food.

One thing that I was surprised about was they want you to stop drinking Protein Shakes and work towards all Protein from food after one month mark. I find the shakes an easy way to get in protein but they said it’s importanr for healing and eating to progress...kinda like a baby moves from liquids to solids.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:51 PM, Roxine said:

Ok - had my 3 week follow-up with Dr. Fitzer yesterday - everything went well. Incisions are healing nicely - verified my weight loss on their scale "YAY!" - I have to add a Calcium with Vitamin D to my regimen starting next week and follow-up again in 3 months. BP was amazing at 110/78, pulse was slow and steady at 62, no temperature. Have not had any issues with regurgitation or nausea - overall it's been a relatively easy recovery (knock on wood!)

I will see my Primary Care Physician and get all of my labs redrawn and see how my body has reset prior to my next in-office visit. I have a call with my dietician in about 3 weeks - at that point I will begin introducing foods of my choice and off the "green sheet" at the start of week 7.

This week i get to introduce flaky fishes and soft cooked vegetables (as well as soft fruits, hummus and other goodies). I broiled a salmon last night and made some cauliflower mash - it was AMAZING! ate about 3 ounces of salmon and just a little bit of the mash but it was so yummy. I will definitely have that again.

Today went to lunch with a co-worker - went to Au Bon Pain - ordered a smoked salmon wasabi on a skinny bagel (extra toasted). Ate all of the smoked salmon, and about 1/4 of the top of the bagel (it was crispier!) - the flavors were incredibly delicious! It's nice to be able to eat things with seasonings and textures again. I am perfectly full and am now working on my Fluid consumption (I've started having coffee in the morning and afternoon to help break up the monotony of just water.)

I hope you guys are doing well - check in and let us know how it's going. And we still have a few days - if you're a March Gastric Bypass Groupie *grin* - come join us!

Roxine

It sounds like you're doing great! It's encouraging to know that eating can still be enjoyable after WLS. I believe I've seen some cauliflower mash in the refrigerated aisle in costco, near the cheeses and cold cuts, etc.

Is it crazy that I’m only 4 days post op and I am having major horror/crazy ass dreams of food? ??? It’s so weird and on top of that it is sooooooooo uncomfortable to sleep. I can’t wait til they take this thing out Thursday

Sometimes the anesthesia causes dreams. I had bad nightmares when I had an emergency c section years ago and coming off morphine creates violent dreams. Just Incase this helps

I'm sure that's from the nasal canula they had in during surgery. My throat was super sore after surgery as well. Ice chips made it feel much better!
When do you go home?

I’ve been home since 3/21. Went home the following day after surgery.