Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Gastric Bypass Group

Hi Jldoublee I wish you all the best on your surgery day. As soon as you are able to please let us know how you are doing.

Thanks! Will do!

Mine is also on the 19th!! Can’t believe it’s almost here!

Wishing you both an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.

The time is here. I can’t seem to go to sleep!!!! I have to check in tomorrow at 5:30am. Surgery begins at 8:30

When you feel uproot, please let us know how you’re doing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today.

Hi everyone. 9 days post-op and struggling. Does anyone else feel awful all day long every day?

I struggled initially to find Protein sources I could stand drinking -- I loved my Protein Shakes pre-op, but post-op every single one tasted like chocolate (I hate chocolate). Tried the fairlife milk and strained, creamed, low fat Soups that were allowed by doctor, but those just made me miserable so I cut out dairy for now. Purchased the nectar fruit juice flavored protein and have been drinking those and Water the last few days, but no change in how I feel physically.

On the plus-side, my incisions are great (though getting itchy now), I've been able to sleep on my stomach and side with no issues, and the weight is falling off.

Just trying to figure out if how I'm feeling is normal.

Mine is also on the 19th!! Can’t believe it’s almost here!

I'm 90% excited, 10% nervous!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 90% excited, 10% nervous!!

Me too! Luckily my Dad had the sleeve done around 6 months ago and one of my best friends had the bypass done at the same time, so I lurked and watched how they did before making the decisions. It’ll be a bit rough for a while, but the end result will be more than worth it!

When you feel up to it, please let us know how you’re doing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today.

When you feel up to it, please let us know how you’re doing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today.

Hi everyone. 9 days post-op and struggling. Does anyone else feel awful all day long every day?
I struggled initially to find Protein sources I could stand drinking -- I loved my Protein Shakes pre-op, but post-op every single one tasted like chocolate (I hate chocolate). Tried the fairlife milk and strained, creamed, low fat Soups that were allowed by doctor, but those just made me miserable so I cut out dairy for now. Purchased the nectar fruit juice flavored protein and have been drinking those and Water the last few days, but no change in how I feel physically.
On the plus-side, my incisions are great (though getting itchy now), I've been able to sleep on my stomach and side with no issues, and the weight is falling off.
Just trying to figure out if how I'm feeling is normal.

Everyone heals differently. I too started despising the protein shakes Post-Op. I now take them in my coffee - use them as a Creamer of sorts. It makes it more tolerable.

I’m 11 days Post-Op and my Dr allows sugar free applesauce, loose oatmeal, yogurt (original no sugar added), and instant mashed potatoes. Can you do any of those?

Next week I get to add scrambled eggs and tuna. Looking forward to having more textures other than mush.

Me too! Luckily my Dad had the sleeve done around 6 months ago and one of my best friends had the bypass done at the same time, so I lurked and watched how they did before making the decisions. It’ll be a bit rough for a while, but the end result will be more than worth it!

Everyone I know had either had bypass or sleeve done. I too had to watch so I could make an informed decision. My sister had bypass and my niece the sleeve done by the doctors I'm using for my bypass.. I think my nerves are good because I really trust the doctors after watching their experience with them. I hope all goes well for you on Monday. I don't have a time for surgery yet but they are suppose to call me today for that. Can't wait to be on the other side of this!!

When you feel uproot, please let us know how you’re doing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today.

Ok I’m back. Im came home earlier today an the journey home was HORRIBLE!!!! It doesn’t help that Memphis has hella potholes. Anywho, surgery went well. I’m not in pain but I’m feeling very very uncomfortable. I don’t have an appetite but I’m sure I need to try something. I’m burping a lot and haven’t had a bowel movement. So I kno it’s still gas there. sugar free popsicles are getting me through

Ok I’m back. Im came home earlier today an the journey home was HORRIBLE!!!! It doesn’t help that Memphis has hella potholes. Anywho, surgery went well. I’m not in pain but I’m feeling very very uncomfortable. I don’t have an appetite but I’m sure I need to try something. I’m burping a lot and haven’t had a bowel movement. So I kno it’s still gas there. sugar free popsicles are getting me through

Welcome back and congratulations!

Each day the discomfort will subside. Make sure you are walking as much as you can - even if it’s just getting up once an hour and making a loop around the living room.

And yes - follow your week by week plan regarding fluids, puréed foods and soft foods being introduced slowly. Even if you aren’t hungry - eat 3 meals per day making sure to get your Protein in and keep up your Fluid intake.

Be kind to yourself and let your body heal. We’ve all just had major surgery...

Today marks 2 weeks Post-Op- and I am down 30 pounds from my starting weight, 19 pounds since my surgery!

I went out of town this weekend and actually went out to listen to some live music Saturday night. I’ve been hitting all of my intake goals and am excited that today I get to STOP the Protein Shakes and get to introduce tuna and salmon - with a few crackers or 1/4 toast! I even get to use some Condiments.

While I still don’t have an appetite, it does feel good to have textural foods to chew with different flavors. Yum!

I have my 3 week follow up next Monday. Look forward to getting feedback on BP, HR, and labs. Hoping for good news!

Calling all March GBers / how are you progressing?

Hi Roxine congratulations on your 30 pound weight loss thus far. I'm one week and a day post op and I've lost 10 pounds. I've progressed to full liquids, I can't wait until I get to the point I can eat scrambled eggs! On a side note my stomach has finally gone down thank goodness!!!

Happy Monday

Hi All, Starting my second week of my PRE-Op diet, have to say I'm in a much better place than I was this time last week. Those first 2 days were awful, on the second day I felt like I had the flu. Got home from work and went straight to bed. My surgery is next Monday March 26. I can't wait to get it over with. Hope everyone has a successful journey.