Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Was this surgery enough for you?

For me this surgery was enough I have come to the realization that me and anesthesia don't get along well when I was 17 I had a breast reduction through up maybe about 2 hours after they woke me up from that procedure...then when I was sleeved on 3/5 i was sick for almost 24 hours after surgery I only vomited once but I still felt horrible the entire day...at this point I don't think I'll have too much saggy skin but if i do I'll learn to embrace it as long as I'm no longer overweight I'm happy with that

Sent from my SM-S820L using BariatricPal mobile app

38 minutes ago, frust8 said:

Now that you've had your WLSurgery is this all the surgery for you? Are you planning to have loose skin removed or Any other sort of surgery in the future?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Not sure what you mean by "enough"

Did I lose enough weight? Yes, I'm a normal BMI and healthy. Plastics I can't afford. I can live with my loose skin. Hopefully my health continues to be good enough not to have surgerys in my future.

I'm very lucky & don't have loose skin so I'm not planning surgery for its removal.

I am planning on at the very least a Tummy Tuck. But it is not just because of losing weight. I had a stomach surgery that went wrong 8 years ago. The Drs left my stomach crooked. I want this fixed more than anything. It was one of the reasons I had the sleeve. I needed to lose weight before they'd fix my tummy.

This whole adventure was never about aesthetics for me. I wanted good lab numbers and to be off medications. I wanted my arthritis to hurt less, and for sleep to be a better quality. I've gotten all the important wishes....so the fact that I look a little nicer is just the cherry on top.

So far, my loose skin isn't too bad. If I wear a supportive stretch cami, it all looks pretty darned good.

Hubby thinks I look terrific.

Beyond that...I kinda don't care. Gravity and loose skin...meh...it happens. Just not that worried about it.

I will definitely have plastics. A Tummy Tuck and breast augmentation/lift at the very least, but maybe more depending on how I look when I'm at goal. I didn't go through this to only look better in clothes, I want to be confident naked as well :)

I'm confident naked, loose skin and all. We get older. Shite happens. No one, upon their death bed, ever says....I wish I'd spent more time hiding and being self conscious.

Be bold. Love your battle scars, they're part of your truth.

If you really want some plastics...meh...that's cool...go for it, if it flies your particular freak flag and makes you feel good. Why not?

But at the end of the day....we all get old and saggy and our ears grow and our tits and balls hang to the ground...and you might as well embrace that. It's human, it's life, and foregoing a tragedy...none of us gets spared the experience:)

I had plastics and LOVE LOVE LOVE the result! Clothed and not it made a huge difference for me. I considered it both a reward for my hard work and an incentive not to gain weight back (studies show people who have reconstructive plastics are less likely to gain the weight back).

I had Tummy Tuck, brachioplastyc breast lift and augment (never thought I would need to fill em back up considering I’ve been a G+ cup since HS but I did!)

I am undecided on whether or not I'll have plastic surgery. I have had the dreaded "twin skin" since my twin pregnancy in 2011. Losing weight is making it worse. If it's uncomfortable or feels weird, I'll probably get a Tummy Tuck. I could probably benefit from a breast lift, too, but the thought of implants makes me nervous. I'm going to see how I feel when I get to goal and decide then.

It's not so much a vanity thing as just wanting to feel comfortable and confident.

IF the insurance I have at the time I'm ready for it will cover it (my current insurance seems like it will if deemed medically necessary), I'll have some excess skin removed. But, given that I'm not quite a month out from surgery right now, that's still a long way off so who knows if I'll change insurances by then (or if it will even be determined medically necessary).

3 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I'm confident naked, loose skin and all. We get older. Shite happens. No one, upon their death bed, ever says....I wish I'd spent more time hiding and being self conscious.

Be bold. Love your battle scars, they're part of your truth.

If you really want some plastics...meh...that's cool...go for it, if it flies your particular freak flag and makes you feel good. Why not?

But at the end of the day....we all get old and saggy and our ears grow and our tits and balls hang to the ground...and you might as well embrace that. It's human, it's life, and foregoing a tragedy...none of us gets spared the experience:)

I think this is an easier attitude to have if you are in a secure, committed relationship and you're confident your SO will adore you no matter what. Being single is a different story IMO. I'm actually more anxious about getting naked w a new guy when I have excess skin, saggy breasts, then I am now. Now someone who dates me shouldn't be shocked by what I look like naked. If I'm dating wearing Shapewear, then no one is going to expect the loose skin, and they'll be in for an unpleasant surprise once I'm naked.

3 hours ago, jess9395 said:

I considered it both a reward for my hard work and an incentive not to gain weight back (studies show people who have reconstructive plastics are less likely to gain the weight back).

So good to hear, that's another big reason I want plastics. To be happy with my body and motivate me to keep it that way!

I'd love to have plastics if I need them but that's a lot of money for me to come up with. I am lucky that my legs are really toned for my weight BUT my stomach will almost certainly have a lot of loose skin.

I'm ok with that. I know i'm still pre op but I'm excited to feel better more than look better. Don't get me wrong...that's appealing, very appealing. I want to be more active with family. I am also a little afraid of people hitting on me...I don't know how to handle that LOL

I'm definitely going to talk to someone to get the plastics surgery. I have maintained for 5 yrs now and I feel like before surgery but only with saggy skin. I have nearly lost 200 lbs. So if anyone has chosen this route and from Ohio please let me know of a good surgeon. This surgery kinda scared me but gastric bypass didn't.

Sent from my LGL82VL using BariatricPal mobile app

I would like to have a Tummy Tuck in the very least. I have a weird B shaped belly so it's never going to get better and I would love to be able to wear a bikini or even tuck my shirts in without my belly eating them. I doubt I will ever be able to afford a tummy tuck though so I just dream.