Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was on March 5th. I’m having a hard time with everything. I wanted to know if anyone else who got surgery around the same date and see where you are at... I know everyone is different but it’s just difficult. Does anybody still gets the chills now and then?

I’m another March 5 - doing pretty well, seem to be on track healing and am able to get in all Protein and fluids. I have noticed my feet are FREEZING at night, I’ve never experienced that before, in fact I usually have to kick the covers off.

What issues are you experiencing?

I’m another March 5 - doing pretty well, seem to be on track healing and am able to get in all Protein and fluids. I have noticed my feet are FREEZING at night, I’ve never experienced that before, in fact I usually have to kick the covers off.
What issues are you experiencing?

Number one the pain, not only on the biggest incision- so it’s hard to get up, lay down, it even hurts when I walk.
The nausea... it’s driving me insane.
My stomach hurts when I drink or eat.
And I’m exhausted. I can sleep a lot. I get too tired and all have been taking too many naps since I’ve been home. At times my legs feel weak... and I keep thinking it’s probably all normal... but this is the stuff nobody talks to you about before surgery.

I'm definitely not lying down flat often; I bought a couple of firm pillows that I put on either side of me and a body pillow running along the headboard, so I've kind of made my bed into a recliner. To get in and out of bed I roll onto my hip a little and then sort of use my leg as a counterbalance to get upright, and I swing my leg up onto the bed when getting in too. I'm doing all of that because I definitely feel sharp pains in my abdomen if I try to sit up normally. This morning when I woke up I wasn't thinking and went to sit up and ZAP - very sharp pain. But I took Tylenol and went back to maneuvering carefully and it stopped.

My surgeon encourages stretching to try and loosen up any tightness around the incisions. He also prescribed some nausea tablets, have you asked yours? As for the weakness, I'm definitely feeling light-headed, but not muscle weakness. Are you able to get all your Protein and liquid in?

I did ask about nausea meds but they didn’t let me . They said that nausea it’s a sign of dehydration. I can’t get all Protein and liquids in. I’m trying but it’s hard

I was also sleeved on 3/5 that sharp pain on my right side is the main thing that bothers me I'll be glad when it stops...I can't really complain about anything else

Sent from my SM-S820L using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved on the 1st, and was about to sleep on my side by day 3 or 4. That helped tremendously because I'm not a back sleeper. It was a little painful getting in and out of bed until around day 5 or 6. Today is day 10 and I have no pain at all. My incisions are healing up nicely. It's cold in Florida right now so I'm not really sure about the chills. I'll know more when it heats up a bit.

The nausea-I had it really bad the first two days, but after that, I've only had it a few times. I haven't taken any meds for it. I just tried to drink my Water and stay hydrated.

Fatigue-I definitely have that problem. I feel good enough to go back to work full-time on Monday but I'm only going back part-time because I have to nap throughout the day, which isn't something I ever did before. My husband isn't having that problem at all (we were sleeved at the same time). So, everyone is different. Just take it one day at a time and know you're not alone.

HW 241
SW 238
CW 217
GW 130
Sleeved 3/1/18

Today I am REALLY feeling the calorie drop - woke up a little lightheaded and am still a bit woozy after my first Protein Shake. Not so bad that I couldn’t walk the dog for 30 mins, but certainly a different feeling than I’ve had before. I’m going to have some blended thinned Soup soon to try and boost sodium.

Incisions are still pulling and causing that sharp pain feeling when I do certain things, but bearable. Still not hungry, which is interesting - this surgery is really making me analyze what I think my body needs to operate well, rather than thinking of what will taste good.

I was sleeved on the 1st, and was about to sleep on my side by day 3 or 4. That helped tremendously because I'm not a back sleeper. It was a little painful getting in and out of bed until around day 5 or 6. Today is day 10 and I have no pain at all. My incisions are healing up nicely. It's cold in Florida right now so I'm not really sure about the chills. I'll know more when it heats up a bit.

The nausea-I had it really bad the first two days, but after that, I've only had it a few times. I haven't taken any meds for it. I just tried to drink my Water and stay hydrated.

Fatigue-I definitely have that problem. I feel good enough to go back to work full-time on Monday but I'm only going back part-time because I have to nap throughout the day, which isn't something I ever did before. My husband isn't having that problem at all (we were sleeved at the same time). So, everyone is different. Just take it one day at a time and know you're not alone.

HW 241
SW 238
CW 217
GW 130
Sleeved 3/1/18

You are lucky you can get back to work part time and two weeks later. I was only able to get a week at work. I have to be back on Monday full time. I’m dreading it because I also seem to be napping at least an hour during the day.