Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bought two new pieces of clothing so far. What about you?

For the most part, I'm picking up stuff at Goodwill and other thrifty stores....but I've decided that once a month, I'm buying something new. Something that fits perfect, even if it doesn't last long. Just one new thing that makes me feel great.

Last month, I got a pair of freaking fantastic skinny jeans from Marshalls.

And this Tuesday I got a very cute fitted hoodie from Kohl's.

Both of these things I'll wear the crap out of in the coming months...and both make me feel smaller than I am and like i've made terrific progress.

I totally get not wanting to blow a lot of money on stuff you can't wear long....

...but don't we deserve a couple of things that fit great and make us feel super amazing and accomplished?

I think we do:)

:) Yes mam! LOL.

I've put a moratorium on buying myself any new clothes until after I finally get the surgery (with the exception of barest essentials... socks, underwear, etc), and given the fact that I will likely not have surgery until the end of this year, or possibly even early next year, I'm going to be itching to go shopping once the weight starts coming off. :)

You definitely deserve the new! And it does feel great, doesn't it!?

Can't wait to go shopping I usually do it around Xmas time by then I'll be 3 months out yay

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

I've been putting it off because I've gone through like, all of my saved pants that were previously in the "those are too small" closet and probably by next week will all be in the "these are too big, donate" pile. I wish I got to enjoy my previously too small clothes more but the rate I go through sizes is ridiculous (in a good way, but SHEESH!) To the point where I have no idea what size I am in anything. My shirts still fit though, so if you see a girl walking down the hall holding her pants up, but with a real cute shirt on, that's me :D

Unless your budget is really really tight, I highly recommend getting smaller clothes as you go - because we have body dysmorphia and we fail to recognize/appreciate when we lose weight. It makes a big difference, it really does - it honors your hard work.

If I put on my fat clothes, I feel fatter and like nothing is changing, if I put on those smaller fitted clothes I notice it a lot more and feel better. I especially like wearing a Spanx camisole bra, a shirt that fits, and my skinny jeans from AE. Oh yeah!!! As opposed to my 2x pjs which make me feel that large.

LOL! I wanna go shopping, but the realist and broke girl inside says..."Why? You dumb fu*k! You're in a great, happy, head space right now! You see almost NO one daily that affects your life in a meaningful way"--other than Mr. F. and he's so tight he squeaks when he walks--but he's totally amenable to me going shopping for clothes that fit and ditching the magic pants.

I think that my magic pants have 20more pounds before they become totally dead magic.

So then I think, why do I want to go squeeze my size 20 ass into a pair of jeans when I KNOW that my size 20 ass looks terrible in jeans at this particular point in time? I know from experience and my shape, that jeans only begin to look attractive on me when I'm down to 170lbs. So why subject myself to heartache when I have pants that fit over my dwindling yet still ginormous ass? LOL. I realize I'm MUCH harder on myself than I would ever be on my fam, or friends, or pure strangers! LOL.

But I carry my weight in my ass and thighs and they have not started to budge a lot yet...LOL.

Fluff, I was telling hubby yesterday...it's a damned good thing I HATE this season's clothes. I really kinda do...lot of weird looking tops and ice cream colors and really ugly Mom Jeans are coming back! OMG!

By the way, I noticed those extra couple of pounds you just dropped. Go, girl, go! :)

Fluffy, how you feel about jeans is how I feel about fitted and button down shirts. The day my belly doesn't hang out of the bottom of a normal length shirt you will hear the Hallelujah Chorus being belted out from the frozen flatland of Canada with immense joy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using BariatricPal mobile app

Really? Mom Jeans? And ice cream colors? That's my style! And bohemian tops! Part of my issue is my lymphedema arm is 2x as big as the other arm. And it still looks so filled with Fluid. :( That short sleeve shirts are really tough for me to wear without being self-conscious.

You know my secret? I want to be thin enough to dress like Grace on Frankie and Grace! :D I think she's so unbelievably beautiful. I might even buy a Raquel Welch wig so my hair looks like her's when I go out! *snic*

(As for the sig/ticker update...it's a sickness really--my inability to just let my stats ride until I have more than 1/2lb of loss to report! ROFLMFAO!!! I swear...I get up...derobe, pee, weigh nekkid...see a .3lb drop and think, "Crap! I gotta rush to the puter and update my ticker and sig!" Bahahahahahaha! Me=Insane.)

Unless your budget is really really tight, I highly recommend getting smaller clothes as you go - because we have body dysmorphia and we fail to recognize/appreciate when we lose weight. It makes a big difference, it really does - it honors your hard work.
If I put on my fat clothes, I feel fatter and like nothing is changing, if I put on those smaller fitted clothes I notice it a lot more and feel better. I especially like wearing a Spanx camisole bra, a shirt that fits, and my skinny jeans from AE. Oh yeah!!! As opposed to my 2x pjs which make me feel that large.

THIS! I wore saggy pants to work with a long cardi (which i love) to cover the sag and felt like a frump all day. Got new pants that fit and it changed my whole attitude. I've only bought jeans smaller in casual wear as i dont mind feeling baggy as much at home and have several previously too small tops for errands

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

Fluff,

OMG...I would so dress like FRANKIE! In fact...I kinda do:) LOLOLOL. I think Frankie's earthy weirdness is beautiful. That said, Grace is definitely stunning.

Edited by Creekimp13