Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite things you can do now that you couldn't before, or things you're looking forward to doing?

Health wise I can't wait to reduce my prescriptions, reverse my diabetes, and be able to go see a doctor without having them automatically blame my ailment on my weight. (Hives from an allergic reaction - you're fat, lose weight. Toothache - you're fat, lose weight. Etc...)

Other goals include flying without a belt extender, being able to go on all the rollercoasters at Knott's berry Farm, crossing my legs like a lady, and being able to buy a women's watch and have it fit.

As I'm preparing for surgery I'm trying to make as big of a list as possible of these types of goals to focus on rather than a number on the scale. I'm also trying to come up with a list of rewards that don't involve food, like getting a mani pedi or buying a new dress or going to see a show.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:41 PM, GeekSweetheart said:

Hi all, I'm getting sleeved on 3/19 and one of the things I've been doing is compiling a list of things I'm looking forward to doing that I can't do now, to keep me motivated once I start losing. I'd love to hear the things that you're excited to do, or for those of you who are already sleeved, that you can do now! I've been over 300 since the age of 19 (I'm 40 now) so there is a lot I have never been able to do. Some examples from my list:

-wearing boots

-camping

-going to Disneyland (we are planning this for 2019)

-ice skating

-flying and driving comfortably

-shopping at thrift stores (you can never find good supersize clothes at thrift shops)

Share some of yours! Thanks in advance! :)

I agree with the flying comfortably part. We love to travel so I'll be happy with that.

One of my bucket lists items has been zip lining. So when i get to my goal, my wife and I are going to go somewhere like Costa Rica and do that.

Playing soccer with my son (for longer than 10 minutes)

I want to be able to run. I used to love running! And I want to go hiking, and get my kids into it as well.

8 minutes ago, sasa_maria said:

I cannot wait to fit on carnival rides with my son. I took him one time to a carnival and was able to fit. Then I quit smoking at gained a lot of weight and now have to have other people take him..

Oh I know! My kids always want to go on the roller coasters, but they are still too young to go alone, but both my husband and I are too big...

On 3/8/2018 at 11:24 AM, FluffyChix said:

Wipe my booty without breaking an arm or a blood vessel.

Reach my feet to scrub 'em.

Paint my toenails dayglo orange!

Breathing easy is nice as well as not working up a sweat doing something as simple as getting dressed or grabbing the mail. Number one though is being able to play with my kids!

Oh I know! My kids always want to go on the roller coasters, but they are still too young to go alone, but both my husband and I are too big...

We avoid carnivals. We go to one while on vacation but there's always so many people with us so he can still have fun. It's sad when you can't enjoy those moments with your child.

Feeling more confident that I will live to a ripe old age (or at least that my early demise will be the result of some sort of stupidity on my own part). Otherwise I don't really see anything changing all that much.

To not have total anxiety if someone want to take photo , more to buy at Victoria’s secret, avoiding social things of people I used to know when skinny, clothes shopping for fitted and not everything loose and flowing, wearing heels, and feeling confident! [emoji41]🤩

Always wanted to know what Victoria was so secretive about, no more Added Dimension or roaming in Roamans, I'll never be a petite but when the fat shell breaks, I come out of my body cocoon I could be a Junior after all! Hmmmn, wanna hang around and watch? Might not be for a few months but it COULD happen!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

On 3/8/2018 at 12:41 PM, GeekSweetheart said:

Hi all, I'm getting sleeved on 3/19 and one of the things I've been doing is compiling a list of things I'm looking forward to doing that I can't do now, to keep me motivated once I start losing. I'd love to hear the things that you're excited to do, or for those of you who are already sleeved, that you can do now! I've been over 300 since the age of 19 (I'm 40 now) so there is a lot I have never been able to do. Some examples from my list:

-wearing boots

-camping

-going to Disneyland (we are planning this for 2019)

-ice skating

-flying and driving comfortably

-shopping at thrift stores (you can never find good supersize clothes at thrift shops)

Share some of yours! Thanks in advance! :)

See my color bone again

Shop at Akira

Run

Bend beter

Hga1c of 5

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, GayGirlLivingForHer said:

I want to buy cute shoes... I have never been able to buy cute shoes. I almost always just give up and buy men's shoes because I currently wear a men's size 11 (women's 12wide.) I'm thinking maybe this isn't possible but I'm still hoping.

Sent from my SM-J327P using BariatricPal mobile app

I have large feet at well so I was so excited to go from an 11W to a 10R, even going down one size, I have so many shoe options and shoes are more comfortable. I hope you have the same success.