Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

summer ‘18 surgery??? people under 30?

I am not in my 20s, but 33. I am hoping to have my DS the very end of May or beginning of June. My insurance only requires an endoscopy and a psych evaluation for approval. Well other than a high bmi. I wanted to do it while my oldest kids are home for the summer. To help out with my 18month old. I have my endoscopy scheduled for the 28th of this month.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

i’m having my endoscopy on april 3rd. very nervous for it, let me know how yours goes!

I'm 31, gonna be 32 in June, and I'm hoping for my surgery end of May. I started my whole process back in September, but my insurance requires 6 months of nutrition phone call appointments. I have my final call this Wednesday so I'm going to get my surgery date as soon as insurance approves!

how exciting!!!

Hello, well I’m not having my surgery in summer, but I had it on February 12th! I’m 21 and will be 22 in June! I haven’t met someone my age who has had the surgery. I’ve also been over weight all my life and decided that I did not want to go though nursing school overweight! If you have any questions I’m all ears!
HW:262
SW:235
CW:216

I'm 31, gonna be 32 in June, and I'm hoping for my surgery end of May. I started my whole process back in September, but my insurance requires 6 months of nutrition phone call appointments. I have my final call this Wednesday so I'm going to get my surgery date as soon as insurance approves!

Well we are both going to playing the waiting game together. I also started back in September. I had my last appointment last week so I’m just waiting on insurance now

How exciting for everyone here who is changing their lives I'm happy for all of us I've also been heavy my whole life and have pcos diabetes mellitus and sleep apnea for those who don't know what that is I stop breathing in my sleep which sucks but I have a machine to help me out

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hello! I am 22, have pcos and have always been overweight. I started this journey last year and got denied by my current insurance company. January I got a new insurance and have been working toward surgery since. Tomorrow is my psych appointment and then in two weeks I visit the surgeon and hope to get a tentative surgery date for july. I’m super anxious. I have to lose a little weight before surgery which is very hard, obviously that’s why we’re all here.. seems we’re the same age, I’ll answer any questions you might have if I can!

Hello! I am 22, have pcos and have always been overweight. I started this journey last year and got denied by my current insurance company. January I got a new insurance and have been working toward surgery since. Tomorrow is my psych appointment and then in two weeks I visit the surgeon and hope to get a tentative surgery date for july. I’m super anxious. I have to lose a little weight before surgery which is very hard, obviously that’s why we’re all here.. seems we’re the same age, I’ll answer any questions you might have if I can!

sounds like we’ll be going through everything together!! i’m about to turn 22 on sunday! in two weeks i have to get an upper gi? not sure what that exactly entails but i think they’re taking pics of my stomach or something?

they didn’t explicitly tell me to lose weight before surgery, but they said if i can get down to 312 it would be ideal in terms of not having to be on as many medications or something along those lines. i would like to personally lose weight before surgery anyway though to get into the routine.

Guys for the psych eval dont be nervous just be honest with whom ever is doing it and you will be ok thursday is mine and it is 3 hours long lol i know it is a step in the process and a good one i already see a psych doc regularly and therapist so im comfy with answering personal questions just relax ok

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

CharlieFen is 20, still in university and planning surgery so see you're not the only one. Welcome and please hang around a while.
Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

so glad to have this community already! def want to find more people who are still in school as i have started my master program (concurrently while still finishing my undergrad and i graduate in may)

So for an upper gi i think altho i might be wrong it is like an endoscopy where they put you to sleep and put a tube with a camera down your throat to check for ulcers and stuff like that also gerd

So for an upper gi i think altho i might be wrong it is like an endoscopy where they put you to sleep and put a tube with a camera down your throat to check for ulcers and stuff like that also gerd

yeah i think that’s what it is as well, but they didn’t say anything about me going under for it? i have a normal appt with the surgeon at 915 and then the procedure at 1015 but they made it seem very nonchalant

Sometimes they also Cat scan or X Ray you, it will depend on what your surgeon wants to see about you. On my endoscopy report I had color pictures of my esophagus, stomach and upper small intestine, all pretty healthy except for gastritis, GERD and Hector my baby gastric ulcer, my RnY should help with all that. How did I get Hector? Too many NSAIDS taken for arthritis pain, I was taking 3-4 ibuprofen at a time. Now I have grouchy little Hector as a gift, he is the gift that keeps on hurting instead of giving. And yes in the US you are usually asleep, my last one was effortless and absolutely no pain after.

Sometimes they also Cat scan or X Ray you, it will depend on what your surgeon wants to see about you. On my endoscopy report I had color pictures of my esophagus, stomach and upper small intestine, all pretty healthy except for gastritis, GERD and Hector my baby gastric ulcer, my RnY should help with all that. How did I get Hector? Too many NSAIDS taken for arthritis pain, I was taking 3-4 ibuprofen at a time. Now I have grouchy little Hector as a gift, he is the gift that keeps on hurting instead of giving. And yes in the US you are usually asleep, my last one was effortless and absolutely no pain after.

LOL love that you have him named. i have like mild acid reflux but def don’t have GERD or any other issues i’m aware of