Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LapBand to Bypass

It's getting real! Having my EGD and EKG done Friday! I'm having a revision surgery from LapBand to Bypass! I started my low carb diet today! So far it's been easy. With LapBand I had to do a 2 week liquid diet, which sucked! I'm looking for fellow LapBand patients who have had a revision and had success. The band honestly never worked for me. I was 393 when I had the band placed and now I'm at 370 after 6 years. I only have two main concerns with the surgery.. I'm worried about excess skin and dumping syndrome.

It's getting real! Having my EGD and EKG done Friday! I'm having a revision surgery from LapBand to Bypass! I started my low carb diet today! So far it's been easy. With LapBand I had to do a 2 week liquid diet, which sucked! I'm looking for fellow LapBand patients who have had a revision and had success. The band honestly never worked for me. I was 393 when I had the band placed and now I'm at 370 after 6 years. I only have two main concerns with the surgery.. I'm worried about excess skin and dumping syndrome.

I had my revision surgery on 11618 and so far so good I've lost 34 pounds I feel pretty great I've had quite a few non scale victories best thing I ever did I'm sorry I waited so long you'll be so glad you did it

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

I started the pre op diet on Tuesday when I went for my consultation! So far I've lost 4lbs. The hardest thing has been cutting out pop. I haven't had one since Tuesday and the headaches are ridiculous. I had my EGD and EKG yesterday and everything went well. I'm hoping for a quick approval.

Hi @Brttnyj89

I had my band for 10 years or so. First 5 - great. But the port broke and after it was replaced, I never again hit that sweet spot. Got from 260 down to 180, then back up to 230 when I had the bypass.

Ditched it 12 weeks ago - and this journey is really exciting. I am, at current rate, 3-4 weeks off my bypass lowest weight. And think I will easily go lower - my goal is set at 165 - lower than the band, but a weight I would be thrilled with.

For me, this has been all smooth sailing. The odd short weight-loss slowdown, but it picks up again. No regurgitation (‘productive burps’ we called them in band-Land). Just steady changing of habits.

Word of advice - ditch caffeine a couple of weeks before surgery - good on you for quitting pop, but coffee, tea etc too. You don’t want to be recovering from that with a caffeine withdrawal headache on top!

On 3/7/2018 at 6:59 PM, Brttnyj89 said:

bypass has been infinitely better than lapband. excess skin is not something to worry about, it means you lost weight. dying from obesity is something to worry about.

dumping is controllable...never been worried about dumping...because i don't eat in a way to trigger it.