Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Year out and eating anything

I'm bummed that after a Year out I can now eat anything. Although it's smaller portions, I am losing control of the healthy life style. Argg. I was down from 220 pre sleeve to 147 today. But I was 143 and now I'm gaining. I try to stay under 1200 calories.

Should I go back to my books and do the post sleeve surgery diet?

What you're experiencing is very common. I experienced it too.

Here's the way I think about it: First you were probably on a liquid diet. Second, you had surgery. Third, you lost weight quickly. All these stages are temporary. Now you've reached the fourth stage, which in my opinion is permanent. It's the maintenance phase. What happens now is much less dramatic. Now it's no longer about the sleeve doing the work. Now it's about YOU doing the work. This is the phase all other phases have been building up to. This is where the real day to day work happens.

As far as I know, we all go through these same stages. Welcome to the other side. You are not alone here. Good luck.

Perhaps increase your Fluid levels dramatically

Some times hunger is mistaken for thirst. Then try to return to the basics like waiting 30 mins on between eating and drinking, reducing carbs and increasing Protein.< /p>

5 minutes ago, DaleCruse said:

What you're experiencing is very common. I experienced it too.

Here's the way I think about it: First you were probably on a liquid diet. Second, you had surgery. Third, you lost weight quickly. All these stages are temporary. Now you've reached the fourth stage, which in my opinion is permanent. It's the maintenance phase. What happens now is much less dramatic. Now it's no longer about the sleeve doing the work. Now it's about YOU doing the work. This is the phase all other phases have been building up to. This is where the real day to day work happens.

As far as I know, we all go through these same stages. Welcome to the other side. You are not alone here. Good luck.

This is BIG, BOLD, and BEAUTIFUL advice!!!!! Thanks for this!!!! Please remind me at regularly scheduled times in case I start losing what's left of my marbles? TIA! MUAH!

This is BIG, BOLD, and BEAUTIFUL advice!!!!! Thanks for this!!!! Please remind me at regularly scheduled times in case I start losing what's left of my marbles? TIA! MUAH!

I agree it was awesome. Thank you

My surgeon said it's normal to bounce up and down in about a 5 pound range. That being said he also said to take control and pay attention if the weight is trending up (more than 5 pounds from your lowest with no downward trend) then to go back to basics and get back on track.

I'm 14 months post op and the past month I've been completely off track. Between having my Gallbladder out, being away from the gym for 3 weeks due to recovery, my birthday as well as 4 other family birthdays that all resulted in celebrations I've been eating so bad. You are not alone. Just get back on track. The fact that you can acknowledge it means you are aware and can take control back.

Also I don't know if you have them available but if you have a support group you can attend do! I've found that when I am feeling off track if I go to support group (offered twice a month at my clinic) and it helps.

I am coming back from a pregnancy. I gained 30 pounds! Lost 10 the first week and nothing since (baby is 3 months old now). Even though I'm back to running and the gym still nothing. Even did the 5 day pouch re-set. This definitely did help with portions but nothing for weight loss as of yet. I'm taking in fewer calories than I did when I weighed less and working out more. Your pain is felt. I think this is just the new normal for us in the maintenance stage. Things happen, but we stay within a range. Get outside that range and it is time to focus.