Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my Surgery Date!!!! :) 4/2/18! Calling out any April surgery buddies!!!!

April 14th for me!!!! Glad to have buddies [emoji4] I am going to need some serious help/encouragement during the 2 week liquid pre-op diet.

Man I'm on day 2 of my 2 week pre op diet. I was so grumpy last night and wanted to eat my sons burnt pizza my husband fixed for him. I almost cried when my husband held me accountable. Today isn't as bad. I'm realizing what satisfies me more. It's more mental hunger than physical. I've started logging my "foods" on my bariastic app to get used to it.

Sent from my Z983 using BariatricPal mobile app

Mine is April 3rd, I started my 2 week liquid diet today and I have a horrible headache and I'm sad. I haven't ate anything I wanted to but I tried to manipulate my husband to co-sign my bs. I've been told after the 3rd day it gets better. I keep reminding myself if I slip, I'll resent myself so much.

I’m on 3 weeks liquid so today is day 3 for me. Getting easier. Just very boring! My doc allows us a few raw veggies for the crunch/chew factor! Carrots never tasted as good as they did today!

I’m on 3 weeks liquid so today is day 3 for me. Getting easier. Just very boring! My doc allows us a few raw veggies for the crunch/chew factor! Carrots never tasted as good as they did today!

I would love to have a carrot right now. I can have light Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. Other than that it's broth, Jell-O, sugar free Popsicle, Water, g2 Gatorade, etc. I eat my 1/2 cup of cottage cheese mindfully. Think of me with your next carrot. [emoji38]

On March 20, 2018 at 10:35 AM, Glamgirl said:

Awesome! How is your recovery coming along? I have to get hernia and gall bladder with my DS

great!! Im eating just about everything at this point honestly. Obviously small amounts but I'm on regular diet and have been for two weeks. (i started trying food early because i couldn't take the soft foods much longer, i get grossed out with certain textures) I also had a hernia repair during DS. ill have my gallbladder removed in about 5 months or so, but so far my dr is keeping an eye on it but so far I'm good. I didn't get it taken out same time cause i was already under for 7 hrs and my dr didn't want to keep me under longer for safety reasons.

My surgery is April 5th. I started my liquid diet yesterday. I get 4 Protein Shakes (27g) and Water. My son came home with 3 loaves of bread from our favorite bakery and I kept them sealed. The good thing is I didn't hear them calling me like I would have in the past. I think the long journey to get here has helped me learn new habits. I started this in June. I cannot wait. I'm so excited.

On 3/23/2018 at 11:48 AM, cydni42 said:

great!! Im eating just about everything at this point honestly. Obviously small amounts but I'm on regular diet and have been for two weeks. (i started trying food early because i couldn't take the soft foods much longer, i get grossed out with certain textures) I also had a hernia repair during DS. ill have my gallbladder removed in about 5 months or so, but so far my dr is keeping an eye on it but so far I'm good. I didn't get it taken out same time cause i was already under for 7 hrs and my dr didn't want to keep me under longer for safety reasons.

Gad you are doing great!!! :) wow so the DS surgery was 7 hours long? yikes! why so long?

On 3/19/2018 at 3:05 PM, cydni42 said:

Im not an April buddy, but your surgery date will be my 2 Month Surgerversary (spelling? lol)

I had my hiatal hernia and DS on feb 2nd

if you have any questions PLEASE ask me and I'm happy to help!! :)

How is your recovery going from the Duodenal switch and the hiatus hernia repair? Naturally I am gettin very nervous only a week and a day for me... and I start my liquid diet tomorrow.

On 3/18/2018 at 1:36 PM, frust8 said:

Do you have to start the dreaded liquid diet soon? Some people seem to have 2 weeks, some 1 week, some just the day before and some not at all.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

My liquid diet starts tomorrow.. ughh... 1 week.

On 3/20/2018 at 1:08 PM, tuckersmom said:

My surgery is April 9th!!! So excited! How r u doing on the liquid diet?

i start my liquid diet tomorrow! ughhhh

liquid diet starts tomorrow for one week...im wondering on the liquid diet does sugar free Jello and popsicles count as liquid and do they have to be light colored ? i have to do 5 shakes a day.

Edited by Glamgirl

liquid diet starts tomorrow for one week...im wondering on the liquid diet does sugar free Jello and popsicles count as liquid and do they have to be light colored ? i have to do 5 shakes a day.

Sugar free Popsicle and sugar free Jell-O Gelatin counts on mine as a liquid. Even coffee with artificial sweetener without Creamer, broths, tea with artificial sweeteners count as liquids. I only have to drink 3 Protein Drinks add long as I'm getting 60 grams Protein. I bought powder from GNC because it came out cheaper. I'll have to drink mine for about a month after too at least.