Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First of all, I don't eat fast food. However, at least if I was going to, I could order from the children's menu, because who questions you in a drive-thru? Nobody, that's who. The main reason I hate going to restaurants is that you pay $7.99+ for a few bites. And unless you are sure that it warms up good, it is a COMPLETE waste of money. I could order a cup of Soup or something, but I try really hard to get my Protein in first. Therefore it usually requires some type of meat. I've heard of the "card" that you give to participating restaurants, but I'm leery if it actually works. I wouldn't want to have to go through the hassle of explaining my personal health history to my waitress. Nonetheless, I eat at home 99.9% of the time, which is fine, except we are a social couple. Going out to eat is a thing, even with my skinny friends. Any advice?

21 minutes ago, Sonyawon said:

Um the card ???? I haven't heard of this.. Can you explain it please thanks

Sent from my LGL84VL using BariatricPal mobile app

There is this "card" where you can give it to the waitress and order a reduced amount & priced meal. Its only with participating restaurants. I wish I had it to show you, but I never did save it. I'm sure that some of the vets might have it.

I got that card from my surgeon. it explains to restaurants that I've had gastric sleeve and should be allowed to order off the children's or senior menu...and gives them a contact number if they have questions.

They technically don't have to allow this, but nearly everyone will with the card.

39 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

First of all, I don't eat fast food. However, at least if I was going to, I could order from the children's menu, because who questions you in a drive-thru? Nobody, that's who. The main reason I hate going to restaurants is that you pay $7.99+ for a few bites. And unless you are sure that it warms up good, it is a COMPLETE waste of money. I could order a cup of Soup or something, but I try really hard to get my Protein in first. Therefore it usually requires some type of meat. I've heard of the "card" that you give to participating restaurants, but I'm leery if it actually works. I wouldn't want to have to go through the hassle of explaining my personal health history to my waitress. Nonetheless, I eat at home 99.9% of the time, which is fine, except we are a social couple. Going out to eat is a thing, even with my skinny friends. Any advice?

I do eat out but not fast food. I go to salad bars that charge by the weight of your plate or even Golden Corral they also allow you to get anything you want & charge by the pound or in our case half a cup. It’s usually around two bucks unless I double the order for a meal later.

I just go wherever I go, get what i want (within the confines of how I eat, of course), and eat what I can eat of it. If it is worth taking to-go, I do, and if not, I just leave it.

I tried the small bites/child's menu thing for a while, but that got old for me really quick...

18 minutes ago, Seahawks Fan said:

I do eat out but not fast food. I go to salad bars that charge by the weight of your plate or even Golden Corral they also allow you to get anything you want & charge by the pound or in our case half a cup. It’s usually around two bucks unless I double the order for a meal later.

They don't call it "Golden Corral" for nothing. People go there to graze. For me that is, pun fully intended, a recipe for disaster.

6 minutes ago, Mattymatt said:

They don't call it "Golden Corral" for nothing. People go there to graze. For me that is, pun fully intended, a recipe for disaster.

I agree but I’m no longer a grazer. 1/2 a cup every three hours. I could probably eat more though if I feel like puking.

I have the card. My surgeon gave it to me. Most places I tell them I had bariatric surgery and they are very nice and let me order off the kids menu. Other places ask for the card and then are very nice about working with me. I really enjoy eating out with my spouse.

We went to a Mongolian bbq and they don't let you take anything home but with my card they let me take my meal home.

1 minute ago, Seahawks Fan said:

I agree but I’m no longer a grazer. 1/2 a cup every three hours. I could probably eat more though if I feel like puking.

In my case, I would probably both puke and have the drizzles because of the whole bypass dumping syndrome thingy.

1 minute ago, Krista27 said:

I have the card. My surgeon gave it to me. Most places I tell them I had bariatric surgery and they are very nice and let me order off the kids menu. Other places ask for the card and then are very nice about working with me. I really enjoy eating out with my spouse.

We went to a Mongolian bbq and they don't let you take anything home but with my card they let me take my meal home.

Not that I don’t believe you but I would like to see & read this card. Can you post photos of the front & back of it?

Just now, Seahawks Fan said:

Not that I don’t believe you but I would like to see & read this card. Can you post photos of the front & back of it?

+1

Oh wow. WTH!! I never heard of this card. Well, I was allowed to purchase from the kid's menu because I was adorable. Applebees and Red Lobster waiters/waitress would allow me and I would just give them a side tip. I did not care. Then they would ask questions for their family members and I would answer every one of them.