Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having a lot of gas pain

I recently had my gastric sleeve surgery on the 28th of February. I am hurting a bit but I think the storm we had last night made the pain even more severe can anyone tell me something on this. Also I should I still be having pain which is causing me not to be able to do as much or should I just keep resting and walking as much as possible. Right now I feel useless😢

I was sleeved on the 28th too walking definitely helps with the gas but since you’re still feeling out of it I’d try some medicine. Everybody swears by GasX strips but I wasn’t able to get my hands on any pre-op but what I did get was infant gas drops which worked wonderfully for me on my first day in the hospital when pain and nausea didn’t allow me to get much walking in.

The Road 2 A Better Me

Thanks and I will try that because it seems to be worse at night

I will try the chewable or the strips whichever I can find and thank you so much as well cause it is causing misery. I didn't get gas med in my iv boy doesn't that suck

Edited by Mother of4

Hello, I had my sleeve on the 1st and was wondering how long does the gas take to leave I think I still have pains ever so often it’s like a rolling little pain inside

I was sleeved on the first too and still get gas pains but gas x strips have been a big help on taking the edge off.

Hi yeah so I guess this gas is no joke but I thank you guys for the great advice.

Hi yeah so I guess this gas is no joke but I thank you guys for the great advice.

Try using a heating pad too especially if you are getting it on your back or shoulders. I did and still do occasionally but heating pad helps a great deal too.

4 minutes ago, celia2784 said:

Try using a heating pad too especially if you are getting it on your back or shoulders. I did and still do occasionally but heating pad helps a great deal too.

I will give this a try as well all I want is relief right at this point thanks for the advice I will let you all know when I feel better☺

Edited by Mother of4

In addition to walking and gas x, laying on your left side also helps. Feel better soon!

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

2 minutes ago, GassyGurl said:

In addition to walking and gas x, laying on your left side also helps. Feel better soon!

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile a

I am still unable to lay on my sides at the moment but thanks for the advice and I pray to be feeling better soon as well.