Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are my 5ft tall peeps at?

On 3/9/2018 at 6:42 PM, atphiladephia said:

I’m almost 6’, and big boned and some of your starting weight is my goal weight! Eeeek!

Well you are a foot taller than many of us! Don't forget that.

I was hoping I might have some snap back but realistically I can already see I will be saggy. Oh well, let me start planning for my plastics!

I’m down 90 and can see some saggy skin. Mostly around my bellybutton. My bellybutton frowns. I plan on a mommy makeover (minus the mommy part) once I reach my goal and can afford it.

2 hours ago, DebbieLK said:

I am using Align but there are so many out there that are just as good

Thank you! I went and just bought the Wal Mart brand and am also trying a probiotic drink. Fingers crossed this works for me too! About how long were you taking them when you noticed you were losing more weight?

I feel like my diet pre and post op are very strict.

PreOp and up to 7 weeks after my surgeon will not allow me to have any solid food.

Does anybody else have a diet this strict?

· 2 weeks preop diet: Protein Shakes and Clear Liquids only

· 2 weeks post op diet: Protein shakes and clear liquids only

· 3 & 4 weeks postop: I can add in creamy liquids

· 5 & 6 weeks postop: I can add in pureed foods

· 7+ weeks: I can slowly integrate solid foods.

I'm 5'1 as well. My nutritionist asked me what my goal weight was. At the time of my surgery I was 90.7 so I told her that I wanted to be 55kg which I felt was doable and a good BMI. She advised me that she thought the goal was a little unrealistic and put down 60kg. I am working to prove her wrong! 13.5 Kg down with 22.2 kg to go.

Great job @ms.sss!!

I’m 4’11” and scheduled for VSG surgery on April5, 2019. My doctor set my goal weight for 120-110 lbs.

I'm 5'4" my surgeon didn't set a goal weight for me either. I'm starting with a goal of 150 which is technically still a little overweight according to BMI charts, but I'm okay with that. If I get to 150 and feel that I can lose more and feel comfortable maintaining it I'll update my goal at that point.

I'm a 5' 0" tall peep or should I say shrimp - and a goal weight was never discussed. I am aiming for 130 pounds which might be too heavy for my frame. However, feeling great and almost ½ my size 4 months out... So, no complaints here! Like NYC Paula said, I will continue to monitor and evaluate as weight lowers. I'll also use visual cues and clothing size in helping to reach a goal weight perfect for my age, body type and psyche. That said, I just love my sleeve and how it has transformed AND that makes me feel 10 feet tall! ;]

4 minutes ago, Sophie7713 said:

I'm a 5' 0" tall peep or should I say shrimp - and a goal weight was never discussed. I am aiming for 130 pounds which might be too heavy for my frame. However, feeling great and almost ½ my size 4 months out... So, no complaints here! Like NYC Paula said, I will continue to monitor and evaluate as weight lowers. I'll also use visual cues and clothing size in helping to reach a goal weight perfect for my age, body type and psyche. That said, I just love my sleeve and how it has transformed AND that makes me feel 10 feet tall! ;]

I think that is a very healthy outlook to have!

5’1” here and just about 7 months out. Highest weight 297, current weight in the 180’s. My 1st major goal weight is 165. Final goal weight is 140’s.

My surgeon never discussed goals with me. I chose them for myself.

Good morning, Jolexis! Many congratulations and much continued success with 116 pound weight lost. Wow. You must feel on top of the world, and such a pretty smile, too. I'm originally from State College, Pennsylvania.

Celebrate my 60th birthday (yikes!) May 29th - so hoping to be in the 180's too...(191 today) wearing something fabulous for our dinner party event. My husband is an accomplished baker and will make his popular homemade strawberry rhubarb basketweave pie + yellow coconut flake cream cake. I've already decided I'll enjoy a light dinner then, sip on some nice hot tea while guests savor dessert. Have no intentions of jeopardizing current sleeve restriction or coveted honeymoon period working so well for me right now by introducing any high fat or sugar. The best birthday gift I hope to give to myself this year and next, is to arrive at final fit and trim goal. And, at my age (oh boy) there's not a lot of room for experiment nor error!

I am very thankful and even a bit astonished that food or Desserts this time around - will not be the big attraction. The sweet tooth monster is calmed for now. And really... I had over-indulged for so many years to last a lifetime of been there done that!!! ;]

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:59 PM, ready4change88 said:

This is my goal too! I feel like anything more would be unhealthy for me, but time will tell.

What's your goal weight? My surgeon didn't give me one, though maybe we will talk about it at our appointment next week. I just picked something, though I'm not sure I want to be that weight if I don't have curves and an apple bottom.
I'm 5 ft tall.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 5ft2 😀 currently 290lbs and the BMI chart says I should be 118-130lbs but that is way too small for me. I am a curvy girl with high muscle mass, so I think I’d look sick at that weight tbh the lowest I would want to be is 150lbs - my goal weight is 170-180lbs.