Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will hair start to regrow???????????

I'm at 5 months today, 65.8 lbs down -- and I think about 2 lbs of that is my hair!

When does it start growing back? I'm pretty clever with a comb, hairspray and some hair Fiber, but ouch it's getting sparse.

Any idea as to when it starts to come back in? Any ideas on how to help it look better? (Apparently, I am vain)

I have the same dilemma. It's my only real complaint right now. I've got a bald spot near the front of my head that I hide reasonably well with headbands.

Sent from my SM-J327V using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh! I will say cutting it short has helped.

Damn! I feel for both of ya. Mine started falling out earlier this year and still hasn't stopped. I agree, a lot of mine is all over, but I have a big spot at the front that I try not to freak out over every day! :wacko::57_cry:

I read that hair grows and rests in 3 month cycles. I had already thin hair to begin with but def losing more is not good. I try to add good fat in my diet, take an extra folic acid, Biotin and put peppermint oil in my leave-inconditioner - that's all I can do. I see baby hairs at my front hairline. I am getting a perm on the 16th.

And then pray no more escapes.

oh my i am afraid of that too... haven't had surgery yet but.. is it good to take Biotin before as well to be proactive?

I bought the BariMelts

sosewsue61 i was reading thru everyones responses when i read about u getting a perm this month.it’s only my opinion as i am a haidresser for 22yrs,please wait on the perm if ur already losing hair & are trying to grow more,they are still so hard on ur hair & i just don’t want it to cause more damage & create even a bigger problem for u.biotin can help if u have a deficiency,prenatal Vitamins can help,avedas invati system can help.moving the scalp around to promote good circulation when shampooing & conditioning,no tight hats or rubber bands that can restrict blood flow & a good oil to keep scalp from being dry or exfoliating really oily dandruff buildup on scalp can all only help.

3 hours ago, AnnieGreen said:

I'm at 5 months today, 65.8 lbs down -- and I think about 2 lbs of that is my hair!

When does it start growing back? I'm pretty clever with a comb, hairspray and some hair Fiber, but ouch it's getting sparse.

Any idea as to when it starts to come back in? Any ideas on how to help it look better? (Apparently, I am vain)

Mine started to fall out at around the 3rd month. In the 4th-5th month I shed like a german shepherd and cut my hair short. In the 8th month it started growing back. I am in my 11th month and back to thick locks (and the pixie doesn't really work anymore).

I had a lot of hair to begin with, so even though I lost tons, it was mostly a housekeeping problem (daily cleaning of an all-white bathroom).

6 hours ago, KDBaker said:

Oh! I will say cutting it short has helped.

I have crazy natural curls, so am trying to avoid short....sigh

3 hours ago, Kat410 said:

Mine started to fall out at around the 3rd month. In the 4th-5th month I shed like a german shepherd and cut my hair short. In the 8th month it started growing back. I am in my 11th month and back to thick locks (and the pixie doesn't really work anymore).

I had a lot of hair to begin with, so even though I lost tons, it was mostly a housekeeping problem (daily cleaning of an all-white bathroom).

Kat410, while Hair loss isn't funny, I did lol here -- mine is mostly white, and so you don't see it in the bathroom. But it feels like invisible cobwebs when it drifts down in the shower.

5 hours ago, Glamgirl said:

oh my i am afraid of that too... haven't had surgery yet but.. is it good to take Biotin before as well to be proactive?

I bought the BariMelts

I would think the more nutrients you have pre surgery, the healthier you would be. But post, I've had a gosh awful time with taking the vitamins; tried chewable, tried capsules, etc. So going to try the Gummy melts and hope it helps.