Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Know it all family members....

My sister in law really grinds my gears! I went to visit her and my brother the other day and she kept brining up my surgery. She kept saying things like you're going to be on medication the rest of your life and you're going to lose all your hair. First off, I'm going to be on Vitamins for the rest of my life, not medication... and I'd gladly lose all my hair if it meant being healthy. I just hate that she thinks she knows everything. I'm the one going to doctor appointments & seminars. Not her. I know what I'm getting myself into. I tried to explain it to her, but she just made a face and said we'll see.

UGHHHH. End rant.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

My dad doesn’t understand either. He isn’t as hateful as your sister in law sounds about it but he is not happy about it AND IM 40! Lol

At least your family sort of communicates, when I tried to tell my daughter I'd be having surgery she started talking about her left knee needing more repair. I should have yelled Are you listening to me? I'm planning major surgery, after all. That's why her name is RD short for Rotten Daughter. Oh I could go on and on but then there wouldn't be room for anyone else's rants. Nuff said.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

@Sprinkles1 What do you think her deal is? Is she overweight herself, maybe jealous?

Yeah R.D. is but you won't get her to admit it, so she's far from weight loss surgery. Her ass is wider across than mine and at 323 lbs nobody is going to call me petite. She got her daddy's thicker wider bone structure, her pinkie finger is the same size as my ring finger 6.5, her ring finger is 9,5. But she thinks she's just right. I used to get out of breath yelling at her so I've just shut up most of the time. Everyone has a relative like that, I have the dubious honor of having given birth to mine.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

29 minutes ago, PCOSSUCKS said:

My dad doesn’t understand either. He isn’t as hateful as your sister in law sounds about it but he is not happy about it AND IM 40! Lol

I just turned 41 and my dad reacted the same way. I finally told him in no uncertain terms that if he wants to have a relationship with me of any kind that I will have nothing but his support. I told him that he either supports me or goes his own way. There are always people that have their uneducated opinions. I tell them that once you've walked a mile or more in my shoes, with repeated and failed attempts at weight loss, surgery looks like a better and better option.

Thankfully my dad is supportive just not happy...? He is not one to turn to drs for much

Ignore the know it alls. They're everywhere. Right here among us as we speak. Your experience will be what you make of it. Make it good:)

[mention=328860]Sprinkles1[/mention] What do you think her deal is? Is she overweight herself, maybe jealous?

Yes, she's overweight. She's just a jealous person in general. Anything good happening to you? She has something negative to say. I just moved into a new place. It's really cute and nice. Hardwood floors, granite countertops,ect and she told me it was a bad part of town and I'm going to get robbed... sigh.

I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this. Not everyone will be supportive, I know... but I just hate being around people like her.

Ignore the know it alls. They're everywhere. Right here among us as we speak. Your experience will be what you make of it. Make it good:)

Thanks! I'm giving it my all!

1 minute ago, Sprinkles1 said:

Yes, she's overweight. She's just a jealous person in general. Anything good happening to you? She has something negative to say. I just moved into a new place. It's really cute and nice. Hardwood floors, granite countertops,ect and she told me it was a bad part of town and I'm going to get robbed... sigh.

Yes, she is going to be very unhappy as you lose weight! :lol:

Congrats on the cute new place!

Yeah, your sister-in-law sounds like a really insecure person. The best thing you can do is sort of wish them well and move on. I am insecure in many ways but I am honest and open about it. I don't hide behind it and I am trying to work on it.

Focus all of your energy on being successful. Trust me, I've lost 225 pounds and not a damn soul has said one negative thing to me. How could they? I look fantastic, am in better health than they likely are, and am having my 20s in my 40s.

Your success will be the ultimate conversation starter. If people are snarky or rude, let than drive you to work even harder. The feeling on the other side is worth it all!

Hang in there!