Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 days post gastric sleeve, I am not hungry at all, yet I am craving every kind of food known to man. I mostly desire cheez-it’s and zaxbys buffalo chicken tenders, and thin crust pizza. I’m not going to give into it, but is anyone else having cravings like this? I can’t stop thinking about when I get to the soft food stage and can finally have something other than broths and Jell-O and Greek yogurt I am so miserable

I was starving four days post op. As you add more things back into your diet, you'll feel better. Hang in there.

Huh. Nope, can't identify with that. Maybe someone else can?

Wait...you're four days out! You shouldn't be eating yet, no?

Edited by Creekimp13

It will get better once you're off liquids! LOL, I was dreaming of a perfect soft boiled egg and poached white fish! How bizarre right? Of course the damn cheezeits commercials were hell!

Are you already eating on day 4?

Now that I'm eating, I'm never starved or even "hungry," rather I eat or try to, on a schedule to get food in. But I do enjoy figuring out what my 8-10 teeny tiny dancer bites will be. I want them to be the most pleasing healthy bites possible while meeting my surgeon's specifications. And the food fantasies are gone.

My nerves have been cut, so I really don't feel the fullness yet, I hear that takes a while? Dunno. So I just eat my 1/4c and am done with it.

Look around on some of the threads, there are occasional recipes, have tried the ricotta bake? It sounds like there is flavor to it, so often the beginning diets are whte, bland and pretty tasteless fare. Like the responder above said, if you only have a few teeny spoon or forkfulls before you're full you have to make them count for something.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I remember at the end of Clear Liquids I was so sick of chicken broth. OMG, it tasted like a sweaty chicken armpit. Bleh! LOL:) I still maintain that the liquid diet before and after surgery were worse than the surgery itself:)

I'm 11 days post sleeve and I still don't feel hungry at all just miss chewing food. Tired of liquids lol so day 8 I made a soft scrambled egg and literally had 2 bites. I wasn't really craving just wanted to chew on food lol but I do feel your pain.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah I can’t bring myself to do it, I’m scared that after I do that I’ll end up building an unhealthy relationship with food and end up going crazy with food when I can eat normal food again

I feel you on this, so bad. I am five days post op and I've been watching recipe videos and craving normal food SO BADLY, things like steamed salmon and veggies.. not even unhealthy foods. I am never "full", but when I eat greek yogurt I can't imagine eating anything else but that goes away quickly. I've always disliked liquid calories (juices, milkshakes, soups), even before starting my journey, so this is pure torture to me.

Edited by Polymorphing