Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thank you all for the well wishes and prayers.

HW 241
SW 238
CW 226
GW 130
Sleeve 3/1/18

Did everthing go well for you,? l

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

No, not everything but the surgery went well. I have horrible veins. Always have. And not drinking after midnight makes it even worse. But my veins have never been THIS bad. They stuck me in both my arms, both wrists, and both hands. After 5 nurses, one which is considered the best, they eventually called in the nurse anestatist and the anesthesiologist, who both recommended my neck, at which point I started to panic. Then they mentioned my feet, which I've had done before. But with 7 people working on me at the same time, slapping my veins and coming at me with needles and tournequets, I because very overwhelmed and started to cry. I'm not a crier. They did eventually put an IV in my left foot to get me to sleep, and then did another in my right foot after I was sedated. After I woke up I realized they also tried my shoulder while I was knocked out.

Other than, which I'm used to having problems with my veins, everything else went well. It was just incredibly overwhelming at the time and I didn't think it was gonna end.

HW 241
SW 238
CW 226
GW 130
Sleeve 3/1/18

Wow sorry about your veins! But at least you are through surgery and on the road to recovery! Wishing you a speedy recovery !

Well good morning sunshine, are we feeling any better today? Boy you have not had giggles and laughs as yet,but maybe today will be better? Are you getting your walking in? How is the Fluid intake going and when will you get released? Please update Hon.

Yeah bad veins suck. I have black and blue Patches all over my right arm where they tried to stick me. But so glad your surgery went great and you and hubs are on the road to recovery!!! Yay on walking!!!

Congratulations! I take that journey next Wednesday 3/7 my bag is pack. I am off today buying my liquids foods for the next 2 weeks. I am happy you and your husband are doing well. You got this!

Well good morning sunshine, are we feeling any better today? Boy you have not had giggles and laughs as yet,but maybe today will be better? Are you getting your walking in? How is the Fluid intake going and when will you get released? Please update Hon.

I went home yesterday around 1pm. Getting my walking in, gas is subsiding some. I'm on Clear Liquids but I'm not getting nearly enough. I'm trying though. Sipping Water and Gatorade I'm exhausted, partially because I sleep more than a hours, and partially because not getting any Protein or calories. I have my first post-op appointment Monday at 1.

HW 241
SW 238
CW 224
GW 130
Sleeved 3/1/18

1 minute ago, FloridaGal1976 said:

I went home yesterday around 1pm. Getting my walking in, gas is subsiding some. I'm on Clear Liquids but I'm not getting nearly enough. I'm trying though. Sipping Water and Gatorade I'm exhausted, partially because I sleep more than a hours, and partially because not getting any Protein or calories. I have my first post-op appointment Monday at 1.

HW 241
SW 238
CW 224
GW 130
Sleeved 3/1/18

Really work hard on getting the fluids in. They help SOOO much! Congrats on being home!!!!

Hope it's Gatorade Zero, regular has beauoup calories. Remember Green Tea, Mio and Crystal Lite are also good. Also remember although the Huns and Vusagoths might have destroyed Rome in a day, Rome wasn't built that way. Slow and steady wins the hydration prize.This is just the first of your Success reports. Onward and onward!

Surgery went well for hubby and I. We were both very nauseous when we came out of sedation, and our mouths were drier than the dessert. But after a few hours, the nausea went away for the most part. The gas ain't no joke. Hubby hasn't had the pains but I feel like a baby is trying to karate chop it's way out of my belly. It's hard to breathe deeply but I'm doing my breathing exercises every waking hour. I've been up walking around quite a bit so I'm waiting for that to help. I've burped a few times but that's about it. Aunt Flow came to visit last night, and she's way now present then she normally is. It's kinda hard to take care of my female business due to the soreness. The surgical pain isn't THAT bad though. Nothing like a C-section at all. Far less painful. I basically feel like I did way too many crunches.

Tomorrow morning is my swallow test, and then they switch me to fill liquids and then I can go home.

My first words after waking up were "why did I do this to myself?" because I just felt so awful. But it was temporary, and I'm not regretting the surgery at this point.

HW 241
SW 238
CW 226
GW 130
Sleeve 3/1/18

I had the surgery on the 1st and till today I think of why I did this I hope the pain gets better I am in so much pain I pray to Jesus for help and hopefully this passes soon

3 minutes ago, kari8me said:

I had the surgery on the 1st and till today I think of why I did this I hope the pain gets better I am in so much pain I pray to Jesus for help and hopefully this passes soon

Gosh I'm so sorry you guys have struggled so!

I'm trying so hard to understand how we can all be so unique. My pain level with RNY is so insignificant, I still question daily if my doc didn't put a few laparascope scars on me, the sit back and wave a magic scalpal saying, "Hocus pocus, surgery be done!"

LOL, cuz I just don't feel any different inside, and the pain that I have had was mostly the first couple of days of surgery and an odd yesterday and they weren't anywhere near the pain I get from neuropathy that is my "daily 4".

The max I'm taking is liquid sf tylenol when needed--which isn't often.

I so wish each of you could have had my surgery outcome!! ((hugs)) and I hope your pain resolves soon!!!

Just made a trip to Walmart to pick up some more Gatorade and juice. Got 1500 steps in today, but I'm quite exhausted. Sipping some hot tea right now and gonna work up the energy to get another walk in. Pain isn't too bad right now. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

HW 241
SW 238
CW 224
GW 130
Sleeved 3/1/18