Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 weeks and only 13 pounds less

Hi!!! I am kind of frustrated here! I had surgery on 1/23/18 .. 5 weeks ago and have lost only 13 pounds... while there is a lady in my office that got surgery 2 weeks ago and has lost 22 pounds!!!

I have been eating my Proteins, drinking Water and exercising... this is so frustrating as I am re-sleeved! The first time was 4 years ago, I lost what I gained before the surgery +20 pounds, in total 30 pounds and I gained 20 back (out of frustration).... I have to lose around 50 pounds but I don’t see it happening!!!

I had surgery one day after you and I was 227 at surgery two weeks i went down to 208 been stuck at 208 for weeks ... scales not moving anymore... what do you mean you were resleeved also was curious how or why you had sleeve surgery twice.. from what i read it's normal to stall and in my mind I think we'll I know I'm not eating enough calories to stay at 208 so the scale is gonna have to start moving again eventually ... looking on bright side maybe skin is tightening while I'm waiting lol... would be cool to keep in touch since we had surgery at same time... what is your start weight and current weight..

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I had surgery one day after you and I was 227 at surgery two weeks i went down to 208 been stuck at 208 for weeks ... scales not moving anymore... what do you mean you were resleeved also was curious how or why you had sleeve surgery twice.. from what i read it's normal to stall and in my mind I think we'll I know I'm not eating enough calories to stay at 208 so the scale is gonna have to start moving again eventually ... looking on bright side maybe skin is tightening while I'm waiting lol... would be cool to keep in touch since we had surgery at same time... what is your start weight and current weight..

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I had the sleeve on May 2014. My doctor is not strict.. no diet before the surgery so I gained 10 pounds before surgery. I lost in total 30 pounds. I got very frustrated because I didn’t lose any more weight and went back to old habits and gained 20 pounds back. I went to my doctor and my stomach was big again. I got the surgery for a second time on January 23. I am just so scared that it won’t work... my starting weight was 202 and now is 189. My ideal weight is 135. I am doing everything that I am suppose to do.. I really need support and other people to tell me that this is normal, and that I can make it!!

Are you sure you’re getting all your liquids in (64 or more ounces per day)? How many grams of Protein are you consuming per day? I had my surgery on 1/2/18. I lost 20 pounds on the pre-op diet (which was almost 3 weeks long). I started out at 229 on 12/15/17 and was 209 on surgery day. Today I weigh 188.4. I had been in a stall for about 2 weeks. I started upping my protein a bit as well as upping the amount of liquids. In addition, I started playing around with Keto type foods and I feel that has helped as well. I have only been walking as exercise, usually 2 1/2 miles every other day. I upped that to 3+ miles every other day and the scale started moving again. I have pretty severe degenerative disc disease in my entire spine, so I usually can’t walk every day due to pain. The days I do walk I try to push through the pain.
Everyone will lose weight at their own pace. It sounds like you are a lower BMI, so you will likely lose way slower than someone whose BMI is higher.
Hang in there......follow your plan and you will eventually start losing again.

Thanks so much for your answer! As per Protein I am getting about 60grms which is good... I will measure my Water intake more closely. I am exercising every other day as well, one day per week is tennis which is very intense!

Average progress has been studied. There's a ton of data out there, and you're significantly ahead of the curve.

You're 5'6" tall. You have a normal BMI at 154 pounds. I know you prefer to weigh less, but we're talking about "excess weight".

If on the day of surgery, you were 202, and at 154 you have a normal BMI....you have 48 pounds of "excess weight".

The average weight loss in the first month after surgery is 18% of excess weight. Which, in your case would be about eight and a half pounds.

You've lost 13. You are losing WAY more than average. Count your blessings.

Sounds like you need to work on consistency and patience. Be patient.

You said you regained weight in the past "out of frustration." Sounds to me like you regained the weight by getting impatient and going back to bad habits.

Thanks so much ch for those math! Made me feel better! [emoji51]