Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who will like me skinny??



Recommended Posts

My surgery was on 2/12. I have been taking time off from dating to focus on myself. I think it would be better to wait until I'm at least at my goal weight. I am concerned what kind of guys will be into me when I am skinny though. I haven't ever been small. The men who usually hit on me say they like curvy women... what if they don't like me when I am 148 lbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BrittneyH said:

My surgery was on 2/12. I have been taking time off from dating to focus on myself. I think it would be better to wait until I'm at least at my goal weight. I am concerned what kind of guys will be into me when I am skinny though. I haven't ever been small. The men who usually hit on me say they like curvy women... what if they don't like me when I am 148 lbs.

lol never heard this kinda concern . you will deffo hav your pick ,more options. can you explain your concern for simpletons . like me .. im enjoying datin now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I am worried that the men who will like me are dirt bags who only like skinny girls. At least now I am not concerned because I know they don't mine extra weight on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BrittneyH said:

Maybe I am worried that the men who will like me are dirt bags who only like skinny girls. At least now I am not concerned because I know they don't mine extra weight on me.

dirt bags like fat girls too. yeah there people who prefer smaller women which i dont mind :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, BrittneyH said:

My surgery was on 2/12. I have been taking time off from dating to focus on myself. I think it would be better to wait until I'm at least at my goal weight. I am concerned what kind of guys will be into me when I am skinny though. I haven't ever been small. The men who usually hit on me say they like curvy women... what if they don't like me when I am 148 lbs.

More important to find a good man that treats you well and likes you at whatever size you are. That size is going to change rapidly.

Something to think about.....

Will you be attracted to the same type of men? Will your preferences in men change as you lose weight? What type of men will you have things in common with once you are 148?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jenn1 said:

More important to find a good man that treats you well and likes you at any size.

Something to think about.....

Will you be attracted to the same type of men? Will your preferences in men change as you lose weight? What type of men will you have things in common with once you are 148?

I dont like people at any size. That doesn't mean im not a good person. someone 400lbs is not what I am attracted too sexually or any other way , i am still a good person and treat everyone well just not my type the whole " find someone who would like you at any size makes me laugh , we all have a certain thing that may attract us even if we are open to all people. some men like all sizes sure, but their is nothing wrong with a man that prefers a 130 over 250 or the other way , people think a guy who liks 250 girl is some how less shallow but people dont realise that alot of the time its jut were his sexual attraction lies, which is no harm but swap it round to i prefer slim girls and people get called shallow but its okay if people prefer fat girls lol

but your right since being not super obese my standards are higher and the men who are attracted to me are slim work out etc, its not something im used too. slimmer women had always been attracted to me at any size how ever which is interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always liked skinny guys but don't mind some meat either. I didn't think about if my taste will change! I can't imagine it would. I hope my confidence will tho! Right now I just assume I am a certain type, like I will only look good with guys my size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, BrittneyH said:

I have always liked skinny guys but don't mind some meat either. I didn't think about if my taste will change! I can't imagine it would. I hope my confidence will tho! Right now I just assume I am a certain type, like I will only look good with guys my size.

Just you wait girl, its amazing and overwhelming the amount of attention that happens ( well from my experience) dont worry too much what will happen will happen just continue with openmindedness :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get hit on online easily but rarely if ever in person. Maybe I don't notice. IDK. I am hoping when I loose the weight I will at least notice it... because I know I am not ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

I dont like people at any size. That doesn't mean im not a good person. someone 400lbs is not what I am attracted too sexually or any other way , i am still a good person and treat everyone well just not my type the whole " find someone who would like you at any size makes me laugh , we all have a certain thing that may attract us even if we are open to all people. some men like all sizes sure, but their is nothing wrong with a man that prefers a 130 over 250 or the other way , people think a guy who liks 250 girl is some how less shallow but people dont realise that alot of the time its jut were his sexual attraction lies, which is no harm but swap it round to i prefer slim girls and people get called shallow but its okay if people prefer fat girls lol

but your right since being not super obese my standards are higher and the men who are attracted to me are slim work out etc, its not something im used too. slimmer women had always been attracted to me at any size how ever which is interesting.

You said That doesn't mean i'm not a good person *laughing* WTF??? Never said you were not a good person...?????

You said "find someone who would like you at any size makes me laugh." I can rephrase it if this helps - " find someone who is attracted to " whatever size you currently are" Because that size is going to change rapidly.

I'm confused. How did being shallow have anything to do with this. *laughing*

We are attracted to who we are attracted to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jenn1 said:

You said That doesn't mean i'm not a good person *laughing* WTF??? Never said you were not a good person...?????

You said "find someone who would like you at any size makes me laugh." I can rephrase it if this helps - " find someone who is attracted to " whatever size you currently are" Because that size is going to change rapidly.

I'm confused. How did being shallow have anything to do with this. *laughing*

We are attracted to who we are attracted to.

Whatever size you currently are, isn't the same as loves you at any size lol. i mis understood what you meant . Apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a bizarre question to me.

I really don't understand superficiality. I don't consider other people to be meat. Or sex puppets. That's the most simplistic silly view I can imagine, and I wouldn't want to live a life so limited.

The most attraction I've ever felt for people in my life has been based on their minds, their creativity, their passion, their confidence, their sex appeal, their kindness, humor, decency.

I can find about anyone incredibly attractive. Seriously. Physicality is insanely diverse. If you're limiting yourself to any particular type, you're missing out.

I can find about anyone incredibly appealing. IF their mind is outstanding, if their ability to express themselves is immaculate, if we have commonality and trust.

Finding someone with an amazing mind is so much harder than finding someone with an amazing body. Amazing bodies are a dime a dozen.

So much of our perception of what's attractive...is informed by the people we are most impressed by and feel love and trust for.

Edited by Creekimp13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Creekimp13 said:

This is a bizarre question to me.

I really don't understand superficiality. I don't consider other people meat. Or sex puppets. That's the most simplistic silly view I can imagine, and I wouldn't want to live a life so limited.

The most attraction I've ever felt for people in my life has been based on their minds, their creativity, their passion, their confidence, their sex appeal, their kindness, humor, decency.

I can find about anyone incredibly attractive. Seriously. Physicality is insanely diverse. If you're limiting yourself to any particular type, you're missing out.

I can find about anyone incredibly appealing. IF their mind is outstanding, if their ability to express themselves is immaculate, if we have commonality and trust.

Finding someone with an amazing mind is so much harder than finding someone with an amazing body. Amazing bodies are a dime a dozen.

So much of our perception of what's attractive...is informed by the people we are most impressed by and feel love and trust for.

Love this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Creekimp13 said:

This is a bizarre question to me.

I really don't understand superficiality. I don't consider other people meat. Or sex puppets. That's the most simplistic silly view I can imagine, and I wouldn't want to live a life so limited.

The most attraction I've ever felt for people in my life has been based on their minds, their creativity, their passion, their confidence, their sex appeal, their kindness, humor, decency.

I can find about anyone incredibly attractive. Seriously. Physicality is insanely diverse. If you're limiting yourself to any particular type, you're missing out.

I can find about anyone incredibly appealing. IF their mind is outstanding, if their ability to express themselves is immaculate, if we have commonality and trust.

Finding someone with an amazing mind is so much harder than finding someone with an amazing body. Amazing bodies are a dime a dozen.

So much of our perception of what's attractive...is informed by the people we are most impressed by and feel love and trust for.

See, I am similar to you but i just know sexual attractiveness i have my limits, please dont be offended all that in mind can you be sexually attracted to someone who is 500lbs? i am only curious, I consider my self demisexual so i am not sexually atraccted till i know more about someone their mind, their life etc, i need more, but i just know i have my limits. I accept it could be making me lose out on a 500lb man/woman of a life time. I am willing to take that risk. the same way people dont date people with any kind of disability as it is not attractive to them. Im pretty cool lol they are missing out but i dont mind lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was married when i was 20. I am divorced now( way before surgery, and i admit I may just want to experience some amazing sex with someone hot for the moment lol not one night stand as in in a relationship , i cant say i was that sexually attracted to my husband , sometimes personality is not enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Krestel

      Me: Hey Siri, Is it raining outside? (for my morning walks with the dogs)
      Siri: I don't think it's raining at the moment.
      Wet Dogs: Then why are we wet? This damn Siri person is more stupid than we are.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Billy Bob  »  lvidacovich

      Drink Muscle Milk. lol  Gt 60 to 90 gm quality Protein & daily vitimins, good sleep, walking & resistant ( weight /bands/squats ) You absolutely build muscle. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      I received my nutrition book and checklist today! I am so very excited (and a tad bit scared too) Each day this is becoming a reality!
      I created a new blog post about how BRAVE we all are for doing this. Because I think we are! Most of us know the horrors of people calling us nasty names, saying we can't control ourselves, we are easy targets for people's verbal attacks! But I feel we are BRAVE because we are taking control over our lives and creating a new world of happiness.

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • SabrinaGoddess

      Today I scheduled my mental evaluation and my nutritionist appointments. Yes, we are moving along quiet nice.  December 9th will be here before you know it.
      I have informed my inner circle of family about the surgery and I will be keeping it in my CORE!

      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • drac2you

      Well, it has been a while since I posted here, but my journey continues. As for breaking my stall, I was able to get down to 214 with the help of a friend via our Fitbit fitness trackers which has made me ecstatic! Since that has happened I was fortunate enough to have my insurance company approve a panniculectomy to remove the panniculus (THIS is the correct term, NOT pannus, see this reference: https://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/panniculus) that has been deviling me for years, even before I had bariatric surgery. It was to the point that it was hanging down far enough to cover my pubic area, covered half my thighs when I would sit, and also drooped between my legs which I could hardly manage to keep together when sitting. For any males that may read this, for a woman that is pretty uncivilized, not to mention, unladylike especially when wearing a dress or skirt - just looks slovenly to say the least. Despite the numerous skin issues I had the last couple of years, my health insurance insisted the procedure was cosmetic... 🤐 . I would guess no one that is saying so has been in the bariatric patient's shoes. The damn thing was just getting to be a self-esteem killer in addition to a medical nuisance requiring many visits to my primary care physician, and interfering with my mobility. Now, I realize there are folks with more egregious panniculus sag issues, but the fact that it interferes with mobility is an important consideration.
      One thing I have to say is that this surgery is drastically different from any other I've had. Things occur that are deemed routine, expected even, after a panniculectomy that would be downright unacceptable after any other procedure. This plastic surgery experience is definitely a learning experience that is still unfolding as I key this entry. For one thing, the swelling is a story all it's own, I had no clue my abdomen could get so large, so quickly, without causing my skin to just split open - it's crazy! So far, I'm pleased to have been able to get this procedure despite may be perceived as drawbacks, just to get the pendulous adipose tissue demon off of my person. Here are a few links to information about this procedure for anyone considering it in the future:
      https://www.yourbariatricsurgeryguide.com/panniculectomy/ https://www.healthline.com/health/panniculectomy https://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.com/tummy-tuck/panniculectomy/ https://www.plasticsurgery.org/reconstructive-procedures/panniculectomy/safety https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK499822/ I hope you find this information helpful. I will provide updates periodically on my progress of this surgical recovery. Have a wonderful day! 
      · 2 replies
      1. Panda333

        Thank you and good luck to you!

      2. SabrinaGoddess

        WOW, thank you for sharing all this with us!

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×