Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 months out, and I have no regrets. I'll admit there are times that I want to eat more than I can, and it can be frustrating. Those times are few and far between, though, and this tool has helped me manage that in a way I wasn't able to before surgery. I am eating well, and I feel so much better since I have lost some weight!

And my friend WHAT DO YOU REGRET?

On 02/28/2018 at 10:37, JustinH said:

Does anyone regret having this surgery? Be honest, if so and why? Just want to know what others are going through before I commit.

This topic is old but I still want to weigh in. The only day I felt regret was the day after I had my surgery. But that was only because the nurse refused me my pain meds and I was in excruciating pain and felt like I was going to explode. After I got home, I was great. 12 days post op and I am feeling amazing and have ZERO regrets

On 7/11/2018 at 3:30 PM, Dorothy_Correz said:

My only regret is that I miss warm chocolate chip Cookies with a tall glass of milk.:D

I was always a fan of choc chip cookie dough. I still get to enjoy this taste on occasion with Quest "choc chip cookie dough" Protein bars!

I only felt regrets a couple of times in the first week post surgery, when I had the odd "OMG what have I done to myself???" pity party. I am now 2.5 months post op and nearly half way to my weight goal and damned happy about my decision to get the sleeve. Now it's up to me to do right by myself and do the work to make my sleeve help me in the long term.

The only regret that I have is not doing this sooner...

Six days post op and no regrets.

I had it a year and a half ago. I have no regrets what so ever. I genuinely feel bad for anyone that has had any complications. But many of us don’t. There’s really nothing to be nervous about. They knock you out, take out half your tummy and wake you back up lol. Everything else is on you and as long as your consistent and accountable, you’ll be just fine.

I have ocasional reflux but tbh i would rather deal with that then be fat forever. So i still wouldn’t change a thing.

Good luck to you.

Tonight on the first night of having a definate surgical date, I regret my body wearing out so far before I could schedule a date. Yes I will regain many facets I once had and lost. And my internal motor will run smoother but the chassis rust, scratches and dings will remain. But I will dusplay them like the battle medals and ribbons they are but now I wish I never gone to war, I wish I had been a conscientious objector to life, I would have like to have lived my life differently, but still life is life and it beats death all hollow. What did not kill me did strengthen me for battle, and although my scars are many most don't throb anymore . Even if I am not showroom fresh and a honey I have "good bones" I am strong, sturdy and capable for many more miles. Don't junk me, I. still have many useful parts.🚘

What happened is the past, if I cannot change yesterday, this I must accept. I am perfectly okay the way that I am; this is acceptable and I now have the,power to change my future.
I do not know,the original author but it is MY statement now.

Hi, i am 8 month post operation, i do have some regrets, as i wasnt severly obese when i did my surgery. The main reason i did it was because i kept on going up weight then struggling to loose them back.
My biggest regret is the fact i cannot eat. Meaning i always feel pain and i always struggle to count my bites as i eat fast.
I always feel tired, despite my vitamines pills. I go to gym and i feel exhausted, i used to be very hyper before.
And i regret being able to drink. I have to sip small amounts from time to time.
I know regrets are not something i can actually rely on as i cannot undo my surgery, but since my operation and up until now im not feeling very happy about it.
I hope others who had their sleeve isn’t as annoying as my case.