Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair loss & itchy scalp

Hi, has anyone had problems with itchy scalp? And I have a lot of Hair loss. I had my sleeve October 12th 2017. My highest weight 307, day of surgery 287 and my current weight 231.

Thanks

Firstly- congrats on your success.

You might want to get a hot oil treatment or hair mask for the initial itching. And add some fat into your diet, just a couple tablespoons of coconut oil, a little extra olive oil, eat some avocado. To encourage new growth - take Biotin, an extra folic acid, and I put peppermint oil in my leave-in conditioner and massage that into the scalp after every shower. Also keep your Protein intake up. I am 4 months out and have some Hair loss and it was thinning a little anyway, but I see lots of baby hairs coming in. Hair growth runs in 3 month cycles, resting or growing. Most people get it all back.

Edited by Sosewsue61

Congrats! Wish I could help you out! I'm losing hair like cray cray! :( No itching though. Don't know how to combat that!

My surgery date was October 10, and I have just started losing a lot of hair as well, which I was told at four months out I would probably do so. I take Biotin and have since day one, so that didn't help. I just ordered something I saw on here from another person, so I will see if that helps any. My hair stylist cut my hair a littler shorter to help as well but said she saw new growth so I am not overly worried. I take in a lot of Protein every day as well. I think from what I read it just comes with the surgery unfortunately.

Folic acid - I take 400mcg tablet along with what is in my Multivitamin. Total is about what is in prenatal Vitamins - that is how I noticed the hair growing a little faster - eons ago when preggars I always had great nails and my hair grew faster, so I added a reg folic acid to my multivitamin and my hair still grows pretty fast for an old lady.

Congrats! Wish I could help you out! I'm losing hair like cray cray! [emoji20] No itching though. Don't know how to combat that!

Already? Since before surgery?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!