Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Nowzaradan is my hero

I've watched every single episode of My 600 pound life at least a half a dozen times.

I put them on in the background when I'm on my elliptical, or walking laps around the house, or just generally trying to be active. They keep me moving.

I love that Dr. Now is extremely compassionate, but also really honest. I love that he gives people multiple chances, but also doesn't accept manipulation and excuses.

Have seen some fascinating people try...and it's pretty hard to play him. He's a smart cookie. I get extreme satisfaction from him telling it like it is, and letting people know he sees through their crazy behaviors. I like that he keeps people accountable. He seems to genuinely care.

He's like my adorable little imaginary weight-loss fairy god father. I think of him saying..."Creekimp, how is your eating habit?" when I'm struggling. Or..."You did well, I'm proud of you!" when the scale moves and I hit my next mini-goal.

I know this post sounds totally goofy...and it is. This is a ridiculous post. A REALLY ridiculous post.

But it's true...I just love Dr. Now. He inspires me.

Think about dedicating your life's work...to helping folks who are so heavy other clinics won't work with them. It takes an amazing person to dedicate their lives to helping a population that other doctors are afraid to work with.

I dunno. I just wanted to sing his praises a minute and admit my goofy secret.... One of my support people...whose no-nonsense approach helps motivate me every single day....is this reality TV doc who doesn't know I exist. LOL.

Thank you Dr. Now. You're wonderful:)

Edited by Creekimp13

I like him as well. Haven’t watched every episode, but honestly, watching that show is what helped get me past the indecisive stage of WLS consideration! I thought if those people can do it, I surely can with less weight to lose! Very inspirational!

Lol. I would love to know if anyone here actually had Dr Now perform their surgery. Actually, I wonder if there are any people from the show lurking around!

Oh surly they have to be here with us....... I have to admit I originally did not have any interest in watching the show but when weight loss surgery was brought to my attention by my doctor that's when I started watching it and I learned a great deal from it I learned what the surgery looks like and I learned what I would be going through as well I still watch it it's been over a year and a half now that I've been watching it and I think I learned from it every time I watch.

Sent from my LGL84VL using BariatricPal mobile app

OMG! I :780_sparkling_heart: I heart that man! Truly, that show is what gave me the courage to start my life over. I have watched every show in every season, and just last night watched the first Lisa show. I don't know how he maintains composure, cuz I would lose my sh*t every time one of my patients bold-faced lied and tried to manipulate me. :blink:

He is doing such amazingly important and inspirational work. I adore that he tells it like it is and won't blow smoke up anyone's wattusi!

I do think that for some, the show is difficult because of the huge losses his patients see. And because we don't weigh what they do, it's crazy to expect the same kind of dramatic losses we experience. So that is the only criticism I have about the show!

9 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I've watched every single episode of My 600 pound life at least a half a dozen times.

I put them on in the background when I'm on my elliptical, or walking laps around the house, or just generally trying to be active. They keep me moving.

I love that Dr. Now is extremely compassionate, but also really honest. I love that he gives people multiple chances, but also doesn't accept manipulation and excuses.

Have seen some fascinating people try...and it's pretty hard to play him. He's a smart cookie. I get extreme satisfaction from him telling it like it is, and letting people know he sees through their crazy behaviors. I like that he keeps people accountable. He seems to genuinely care.

He's like my adorable little imaginary weight-loss fairy god father. I think of him saying..."Creekimp, how is your eating habit?" when I'm struggling. Or..."You did well, I'm proud of you!" when the scale moves and I hit my next mini-goal.

I know this post sounds totally goofy...and it is. This is a ridiculous post. A REALLY ridiculous post.

But it's true...I just love Dr. Now. He inspires me.

Think about dedicating your life's work...to helping folks who are so heavy other clinics won't work with them. It takes an amazing person to dedicate their lives to helping a population that other doctors are afraid to work with.

I dunno. I just wanted to sing his praises a minute and admit my goofy secret.... One of my support people...whose no-nonsense approach helps motivate me every single day....is this reality TV doc who doesn't know I exist. LOL.

Thank you Dr. Now. You're wonderful:)

You've kind of hit on something that seems to be a part of a lot of people who are overweight and I include myself. We make excuses and sometimes live in some forms of denial or mired in our own behaviors. My own situation is fairly complicated but each time I want to complain about not losing weight or whatever, I can ultimately trace the root of the problem to personal denial or crazy behavior. I am so awoke to this that I no longer whine when I don't lose weight - I don't lie to myself anymore ... the reason is that I fell off of the wagon and stopped tracking.

Fluff, you mean a 220 pound person who wants to be 150 pounds isn't gonna lose 50 pounds a month????? WHAT! Why the hell not???

Fluff! Where's my yellow brick road?

LOLOLOL:)

bahahahahahaha! Gimme some of that magic pixie dust! :D

If there is magic pixie dust, then please share, don't hog it all! :-D

@Mattymatt I'll get some for you later. I store mine in the pocket of my magic pants that have taken me from 325lbs down to 222.8lbs. -- and I can still wear them, but probably shouldn't. ;)

Please ship pixie dust to me in Australia. I’m in need of magic. Just need to lose 50lb overnight and I’m done. Lol.

I love Dr now he reminds me of like a really stern grandpa which I had that I lost I've seen every episode I'm just starting my journey over again and I am on month 2 y'all down 10 pounds

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app