Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone had the Mini Sleeve at McCarty Weight Loss Center in Dallas, TX?

On 2/26/2018 at 3:30 PM, dreamangel1974 said:

Hey y’all! Still researching up to the time of my first scheduled consultation in March to make sure I choose the best option for me. I have settled on having the sleeve instead of the bypass, but came across Dr. Todd McCarty’s website and I’m intrigued! He technically does the VSG procedure, but it’s done in a different way. They either remove the excess stomach pouch through your esophagus or belly button. There are only 1 or 2 incisions, and it’s an outpatient surgery since they aren’t going through the abdominal wall. Much shorter recovery time, less invasive, and he doesn’t require a liquid diet prior to surgery! What’s not to love? I went ahead and made an appointment to meet with him in addition to my initial consultation with Dr. David Arnold.

Had anyone else had the mini sleeve surgery with Dr. McCarty? I’d love your feedback!

Had my mini by Dr Mcarty on 6/21/18 doing great and down 15lbs

On 06/28/2018 at 19:33, Gypsyvangirl said:

This is an older post, but always happy to connect with other mini Sleeve patients. 😊 Had mine May 15th 2018. I’m doing great also...down 30 lbs. Love Dr. McCarty and his entire staff!

1 minute ago, dreamangel1974 said:
5 minutes ago, Gypsyvangirl said:

This is an older post, but always happy to connect with other mini Sleeve patients. 😊 Had mine May 15th 2018. I’m doing great also...down 30 lbs. Love Dr. McCarty and his entire staff!

Awesome, wanted to post just incase you hadn't chosen him yet. :) great job on 30lbs.. cant wait until im there too

I’ve recently set up a consultation with dr McCarthy and was just wondering about the cost of the surgery without insurance. I’m also curious if it will effect me getting pregnant in the future. Thank you in advance

On 2/10/2019 at 10:21 PM, Heyheyitsjordan said:

I’ve recently set up a consultation with dr McCarthy and was just wondering about the cost of the surgery without insurance. I’m also curious if it will effect me getting pregnant in the future. Thank you in advance

I'd like to know the cost without insurance also. Did you get a chance to consult with him yet? It seems way better doing the mini.

There is another single incision surgeon in Austin. I am from Texas but I live in Florida. I almost flew all the way to Austin and spent an additional $6000 on the surgery to avoid the other laparoscopic entry points on my abdomen. I decided just to go ahead with a traditional sleeve and you cannot even see the tiny incisions.

Dr Ganta. I think that’s who I talked to. The people in his or her office basically convinced me I needed single incision surgery if I ever wanted to show my abdomen again (think bikini). I found that this was not accurate. At least these little scars don’t bother me at all. I was self-pay so the $6K was a factor in my decision making.

Here are pictures of my incisions five weeks postop. I think a spray tan would cover the suckers up easy peasy. Just sayin.

7FB44E07-AC93-42AD-A129-B48FEDFF22D0.jpeg

Probably would, you sure are healing fine.Congratulations my dear!😜📦😜

Is this what you are talking about? The surgeon who was posting this was in Houston I believe. I wouldn't trust this procedure. I would be too scare the sutures would pop.
https://www.facebook.com/sandiprungta/videos/10213191729882796/

Hello everyone,

I have a consult with Dr. McCarty because I’m wanting to have a mini sleeve done. To those who have already had one, do you have to go on any type of diet or liquid diet before the surgery? Also, are you place on a liquid diet afterwards? If so, how long on the liquid diet? I appreciate it very much!

On 2/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, dreamangel1974 said:

Thanks for letting me know! Did he do the mini sleeve procedure on y’all? How much weight have you lost?

How is it going now? After a couple of years. I am very interested in this process as well.

Dr Todd McCarty passed away in March 2020

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/dallas-tx/todd-mccarty-9107465