Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seeking NYC Sleeve Buddy

Surgery scheduled for March 12 and I’m nervous/excited. I’d love to meet up with other sleevers in the city to share experiences. I’m not telling friends or family and am looking for help building a support system.

Perhaps there is no one else in NYC on this forum scheduled at the same time. Your request isn’t unreasonable, we have all wanted to connect with people, I guess that is why we are on the forum.
You will find support here :)

Hey, NYCNomad, I'm in NYC also, and my surgery date is March 12th too!

That’s awesome! Who is your surgeon? I’m with Dr Holliver at New York Bariatric group.

We were sleeved on the same day by the same Dr!

HW: 296
SW: 277
CW: 277
GW: 150
Sleeved 3/12/18

Surgery scheduled for March 12 and I’m nervous/excited. I’d love to meet up with other sleevers in the city to share experiences. I’m not telling friends or family and am looking for help building a support system.

Hey, I’m in NYC. I’m scheduled to have surgery in April. Here if you need support!

@missrut718 Ha! We must have crossed paths lapping in the hall with our IVs in tow [emoji23] I’m headed in Wed for my follow up. Feeling great. How about you?

@missrut718 Ha! We must have crossed paths lapping in the hall with our IVs in tow [emoji23] I’m headed in Wed for my follow up. Feeling great. How about you?

I’m also supposed to go Wednesday for my follow-up but I think I’m going to call tomorrow to try to reschedule since I’m going there from Staten Island and we’re supposed to get this storm now. I’m doing great! I’m managing to get all of my Water and Protein in each day, thankfully!

CW: 268
Sleeved 3/12/18

Hey, I am in Long Island and was sleeved by Dr.Holover February 13th

Hey, I am in Long Island and was sleeved by Dr.Holover February 13th

How are you doing/feeling?

Sleeved 3/12/18

How are you doing/feeling?

Sleeved 3/12/18

I am feeling good, back to normal besides the fact that some days I am absolutely exhausted but it’s getting better. Wednesday is my one month visit. Our stats are around the same. Hw286 sw272 cw253. I am a revision patient though. I had the lapband for 5 Years and revised to the sleeve.

I am feeling good, back to normal besides the fact that some days I am absolutely exhausted but it’s getting better. Wednesday is my one month visit. Our stats are around the same. Hw286 sw272 cw253. I am a revision patient though. I had the lapband for 5 Years and revised to the sleeve.

Sounds like we were all supposed to be there on Wednesday!!

Sleeved 3/12/18

Honestly looking for feedback - Is my ask unreasonable? I don’t understand why no one has responded.

Sleeved 3/19.,

@Staceyb2121 &@Missrut718 - what has been your overall experience with NYBG? Dr Holliver seems great but I’m not a fan of the nutritionalist. Also, how did you feel going directly to purée after surgery? It was a bit much for me and I stuck with shakes and yogurt. Adding Soup and eggs this week.