Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2018 Success Stories

Has anyone started to experience hair loss yet? [emoji17]

YES!!! Mine started at 3 months and is falling out pretty bad. I have thin hair so hopefully it won't last long!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Ugh! Mine just started. Have you tried anything to help? I’m upping my Biotin and got two different shampoos

I'm taking Biotin, it doesn't seem to be helping! Ugh!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, amend68 said:

Has anyone started to experience hair loss yet?

Yes, mine started at about 10 weeks. My co-workers have permission to pick stray hairs off my clothes without asking :P Thank heavens, I've got enough hair for several people, so I'm good if it doesn't last too long! My stylist normally thins my hair every time she cuts it, so she stopped doing that for now. I'm taking Biotin as well.

MIne started a couple weeks ago. I bought a Biotin and collagen Shampoo from Target and got some hair/skin/nails Vitamins, so hopefully I can minimize the damage, as my hair was already thin to start with.

3 hours ago, amend68 said:

Has anyone started to experience hair loss yet?

Unfortunately yes! It started a couple of weeks ago.

I’ve been taking Biotin since before surgery. I just ordered zinc & L-lysine, so maybe that will help.

Just here to vent a little .....

My Hair loss has recently increased, a lot! Like clean out the shower drain and the hairbrush every day! Waaahhhh!

I'm also in my longest stall yet ... two week! I'm curious if this is a set point stall. I am near the weight I held at for years until I started traveling for work and eating out extensively.

I am obsessively consistent on Vitamins and Protein, 12 weeks out, watching and waiting for hair loss...

I did have pretty severe anemia a few years ago and lost a ton of hair.

well Next Sunday I should tip over the 100 lbs lost marker!! so very happy with that! Though my Hair loss like others has been shocking :(

I've noticed my portion size increase a little since Feb, had my first piece of white bread yesterday since the op, OMG how I've missed it, the carbs have been increasing more lately so I need to kick that in to touch! I've had a couple of stalls too. Is everyone else finding life a little easier now?

I've pretty much settled into a reasonable routine. I wish I were better with the exercise though. I just don't go to the gym unless my bowels have behaved for at least 2 days straight so that I don't humiliate myself! I do walk, especially at work. But I need more strenuous exercise.

I am hoping to cross into One-derland next week. That would be awesome. Body-wise that's like going back 20+ years!

13 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

I've pretty much settled into a reasonable routine. I wish I were better with the exercise though. I just don't go to the gym unless my bowels have behaved for at least 2 days straight so that I don't humiliate myself! I do walk, especially at work. But I need more strenuous exercise.

I am hoping to cross into One-derland next week. That would be awesome. Body-wise that's like going back 20+ years!

Amazing news! 3 or 4 months for One-Derland for me yet... Yes I'm struggling with exercise too, I did start swimming again which I love but I started working away, the Surgeon said swimming will help with skin elasticity and result in less saggy skin,but I cant find a good quality pool near where I work :(

15 minutes ago, dinosore said:

Amazing news! 3 or 4 months for One-Derland for me yet... Yes I'm struggling with exercise too, I did start swimming again which I love but I started working away, the Surgeon said swimming will help with skin elasticity and result in less saggy skin,but I cant find a good quality pool near where I work :(

That's a shame that you don't have a pool handy. Where I live, pool Water is already bath-temperature. Not particularly refreshing!

My hair stared falling out at 3 months and seems to only be getting worse, i have normally thin hair and it’s just getting to the point where i have sooo much hair coming out every day

I’ve tried two Biotin shampoos, didn’t seem to help
I can’t take biotin orally because I get an allergic reaction to it, i use PatchMD for all my Vitamins so i tried their biotin patch, so far nothing noticeable

Someone recommended doing a hair mask 2x/week of castor and almond oil, I might try it [emoji17]

HW: 221
SW: 209
CW: 149

Sleeved 2/13/18

Also, the last two weeks of May i was working out like a maniac, i truly became obsessed with fitness

However, I now have 3 herniated disks, one of which is impinging on the nerve root, and I’m going on week 3 in bed, in severe pain.
I don’t know exactly what caused this for me, but I am told that weight loss is a contributing factor for sure—— be careful in your workouts everyone!

HW: 221
SW: 209
CW: 149

Sleeved 2/13/18