Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2018 Success Stories

What percentage of your daily intake is carbs?

My carbs are under 50 if I even go one day were I eat medium carbs I see a 2 lb gain in morning.

Lapband 9/11/07 227 pounds
Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 159 Dr. scale says says one pound less
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second goal and doctors GW 150
Goal weight 138

I am kinda of bummed I stall constantly I have same date as you but have only lost 21 since Surgery.

Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
First goal 169 2/26/18
Goal weight 138

I feel like I’m constantly stalling too, your surgery day weight was wayyyy less then mine, you’re doing really well, i think! Congrats!

I was told to eat a bit more daily and it’s been helping, plus working out 7 days a week

But you went from 227 to 159 that’s a tremendous accomplishment!

HW: 221
SW: 209
CW: 179

Sleeved 2/13/18

It looks like everyone is doing great! I haven't weighed myself since the end of March because I found myself obsessing if I didn't lose. I'd constantly think about what I should be doing differently, researching different diets that may help, etc. Finally I had to remind myself that I just had the majority of my stomach removed and that I just need to follow the plan I was given and trust it. I did set reminders for me to eat because I haven't been good about eating 3 meals a day. I've gone down 2 sizes so far but am still resisting getting on that scale even though it calls to me every. single. morning! lol

I feel like I’m constantly stalling too, your surgery day weight was wayyyy less then mine, you’re doing really well, i think! Congrats!

I was told to eat a bit more daily and it’s been helping, plus working out 7 days a week

But you went from 227 to 159 that’s a tremendous accomplishment!

Sleeved 2/13/18

Thanks just feels like nothing is happening and I won’t lose anymore.

Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
First goal 169 2/26/18
Goal weight 138

It looks like everyone is doing great! I haven't weighed myself since the end of March because I found myself obsessing if I didn't lose. I'd constantly think about what I should be doing differently, researching different diets that may help, etc. Finally I had to remind myself that I just had the majority of my stomach removed and that I just need to follow the plan I was given and trust it. I did set reminders for me to eat because I haven't been good about eating 3 meals a day. I've gone down 2 sizes so far but am still resisting getting on that scale even though it calls to me every. single. morning! lol

You only eat 3 times a day??

Sleeved 2/13/18

21 minutes ago, Sleevedvee said:

You only eat 3 times a day??

Sleeved 2/13/18

I only eat 3 times a day too, my plan says I can have a yoghurt mid morning and Apple mid afternoon but I rarely do.

For me if I eat carbs up to 40 percent of my intake I have poor weight loss, tried them for 2 weeks! I reduced carbs to 15 percent of my intake and my weightloss kicked back in to action again. 3 pounds in 4 days by reducing my intake. I've seen a lot of people on these forums say the only thing that passes their lips is Protein, the Vitamins take care of everything else they say..

I only eat 3 times a day too, my plan says I can have a yoghurt mid morning and Apple mid afternoon but I rarely do.

What is the amount that you eat for each one?

Sleeved 2/13/18

50 minutes ago, Sleevedvee said:

What is the amount that you eat for each one?

Sleeved 2/13/18

2oz to 2.5oz at a guess. for Breakfast yesterday I had one medium sized egg and 1oz of ham.

lunch was a 3oz of chilli

dinner was 2.5oz chicken breast in a small portion of marinara sauce.

2 lattes and recommended amount of Water, some days I'll have some OJ too.

2oz to 2.5oz at a guess. for Breakfast yesterday I had one medium sized egg and 1oz of ham.
lunch was a 3oz of chilli
dinner was 2.5oz chicken breast in a small portion of marinara sauce.
2 lattes and recommended amount of Water, some days I'll have some OJ too.

Interesting, I’m always curious how different programs do it

I’m not allowed juice, how much Water do you have a day?

Sleeved 2/13/18

7 minutes ago, Sleevedvee said:

Interesting, I’m always curious how different programs do it

I’m not allowed juice, how much Water do you have a day?

Sleeved 2/13/18

I probably drink about 1.5l / 52oz plus two lattes so a reasonable amount.

I probably only have 600-650 calories a day at most from looking at what i eat. Up until a week ago I never felt hungry. Sadly that's gone now :(

Edited by dinosore

My goals set on MFP are:

550 cals per day

Protein: 55% (75g)

Fat: 30% (18g)

Carbs: 15% (20g)

I currently weigh and measure. I put a 1/2c measuring cup on the scale and weigh/tare everything into it until it's full. When the 1/2c is full, nothing else goes in. I start with Protein and depending how hungry I am for veggies, I add 1.5-2oz of protein pieces into the cup. Then goes veg. Then if anything is leftover I add 1/3oz avocado and 1/3oz grape tomatoes.

I'm allowed to eat a snack or two if I need it, but honestly I'm usually so blah about food now so I'm just trying to get the 3 meals in. I haven't been very good about it yet but the reminders are helping. So many things make me feel uncomfortable now and to get all my liquids in plus meals just isn't working yet. Yesterday I only ate one meal and then had a few almonds before bed. This is a bigger adjustment than I thought it would be, but in a different way! I definitely wasn't expecting my taste buds to change so much.

I generally have a Protein Shake in the morning, and two small meals during the day. On days I'm traveling for work I'll often have only 1 meal. I don't usually snack. But this week I have been struggling with head hunger, so I've had more Snacks than usual.

same here! ughhhh