Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2018 Success Stories

I had my wls on the 27 th of February also had gallbladder remover it was in bad shape and a hiatal hernia repair I did not know I had it at 8 days out I have lost 21.4 pounds

Oh no so sorry to hear that! Don't worry it wont be bad... hang in there! I worried that the same thing would happen to me so I spoke to my surgeon about it the other day while he was giving me my surgery date which is april 2nd,! and he didn't have it on the list to do with my surgery until I brought it up... then he sad YES there are gall stones and we will remove it during your weight loss surgery an fix a hiatal hernia as well. Ughh not looking forward to all that but it has to be done. I thought it would anyway since I have had that same kind of pain in the past that you are currently having . I don't think you will have problems recovering and you will feel so much relief after it is done. best wishes

I had the same condition had 3 surgeries in one I think the pain is a little more then it would have been but I’m 8 day out lost 21.4 pounds and getting better every day still hard to get Protein in for me and all meds but it’s getting better

Hey everyone! So happy to have found this thread to share the journey.

I had gastric sleeve 2/10, 1 mo out and lost 26 lb so far. I had lost a lot in the first week or so and then stalled for over a week. I also had a complication and was admitted for a blood clot. That sucked, but now feeling pretty good. My sleeve seems pretty tough so I have to have good willpower to stick to the proper diet and get in enough Protein.

HW: 260
SW: 256
CW: 230

4 hours ago, reenee1969 said:

reenee1969, glad you are doing ok... im nervous with having al that done... since you are day 8 out... are you able to do things on your own? Move around, etc.. reason im asking is because my mom will be here for 2 weeks after surgery so I am hoping that enough time to have her here to help me. She lives in another state. my surgeon says ill be fine in a week. I just like to get other people' s experience as well.

I had the same condition had 3 surgeries in one I think the pain is a little more then it would have been but I’m 8 day out lost 21.4 pounds and getting better every day still hard to get Protein in for me and all meds but it’s getting better

My doctor said it's a pain relief patch that they attach during surgery and when it starts dissolving you feel a pop. He said if happens at night you will never know.

So weird It sure has been tender and sore since.

Lapband 9/11/07 227 pounds
Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 167.4 Dr. scale says says one pound less
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

10 hours ago, Deb100 said:

Gallbladder pain is SO BAD! For me it was worse than child birth. I kept having symptoms and put it off too long. I ended up being in the hospital for 5 days because it was so infected, huge, gall stones in the bile duct etc. I don’t have my WLS date yet but when I went for my 1st appt with the dr yesterday, she said, “we normally do an ultrasound on everyone’s gallbladder but since you’ve already had yours out - no ultrasound needed”

I agree gall bladder pain is awful!! i had pain on and off but haven't had any for about 6 months . Once I went for my pre op ultrasound they could see a couple stones.. so mine will come out on april 2nd during my weight loss surgery.

When I was carrying baby#3 I told my mama I was having gall bladder pain. Both she and my OB-GYN laughed, said I was just having a big baby and it was Junior kicking,me in the ribs. Well joke on them both, when my gall bladder came out it was inflamed, full of gallstones and I turned jaundiced the week before my surgery.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

It’s my one month post op today!!! I was sleeved 2/8/18 & so far i have loss a total of 27lbs !!!! I am so excited to say the least, & to see where this beautiful journey takes me!

SW: 286
CW: 259
GW: 175

thats awesome Pyepez! :)

I'm super discouraged and frustrated right now. I'm exactly 4 weeks post op. I have been out of town for the last week, so hadn't weighed myself. I thought I had broken a stall before I left. But I just weighed myself and I am up 2 lbs :( My total weight loss in 4 weeks is only 17 lbs. This last week my calories were higher, averaging 700/day, and I was more active than usual. The previous weeks I was averaging 350/day. At 700 calories a day, how the heck do I gain weight? :(:(

3 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I'm super discouraged and frustrated right now. I'm exactly 4 weeks post op. I have been out of town for the last week, so hadn't weighed myself. I thought I had broken a stall before I left. But I just weighed myself and I am up 2 lbs :( My total weight loss in 4 weeks is only 17 lbs. This last week my calories were higher, averaging 700/day, and I was more active than usual. The previous weeks I was averaging 350/day. At 700 calories a day, how the heck do I gain weight? :(:(

Travelling can cause Water retention. Also, you may be in the 3 week stall that hits any time between week 2 and 4. ((hugs))

3 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Travelling can cause Water retention. Also, you may be in the 3 week stall that hits any time between week 2 and 4. ((hugs))

Thanks Fluffy. I wish it was Water, my ring is looser than normal. Maybe I lost my weight in my hands, not exactly where I wanted to lol

Could it be Time Of Month, could you have drank a little more than usual and your body is a little soggy? Don't panic, ever body fluctuates in weight, and strange as it sounds b your body may be getting ready to discharge dome,more weight kinda like when you take a deep breath before starting something. Relax and don't sweat the small stuff this may be,only a nlop or bump on your road.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, sillykitty said:

Thanks Fluffy. I wish it was Water, my ring is looser than normal. Maybe I lost my weight in my hands, not exactly where I wanted to lol

Well, when I travel, I gain the weight in my lower legs and ankles/feet. My hands look totes norm. Dunno...