Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2018 Success Stories

I'm going to pick it up myself...I was sleeved 2/13

Sent from my LG-H700 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hope it helps..sleeved 2/21.

12 hours ago, Teresa1 said:

I've felt the same way this past week...day 21 for me...I did great the first 2 wks & now I feel like I hit a brick wall this wk! Hoping this doesn't last too long!

Sent from my LG-H700 using BariatricPal mobile app

Well good news is, I've felt much better the last two days, almost normal. I'm out in the real world for an out of state work event this week. I was super anxious about going, I wasn't sure how I would hold up.

I'm LOVING my sleeve. These past two days I've had all this amazing food available to me. I'm not hungry, so that has helped making smart choices easier (egg white omelette vs. hash browns at the Breakfast buffet). Last night I was at a set dinner, 8 course meal. I had a couple of bites out of about 1/2 of the courses, and I was FULL. I've also apparently lost my taste for alcohol, at least for now. I've let a beer and 2 cocktails go warm and half finished after nursing them. And nothing seems to bother my sleeve. I've had lots of different Proteins the last couple of days, and everything has gone fine. I've stayed away from any straight carbs or veggies/salad. Fibrous or raw veggies are the only thing that scare me.

The only bad thing is my small portions and lack of alcohol consumption are super obvious to my boss, whom I'm with all week, I've had to invent a story about digestive issues. He's mostly just upset he's lost his drinking buddy.

Ok that was weird and scary. I was just stretching and there was was a loud pop from my big incision. I hurt just for a second and then no more. What the heck was that???

Lapband 9/11/07 227 pounds
Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
Cw 167.4 Dr. scale says says one pound less
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

RNY 2/12

HW:365

SW:325

CW:300

I’m still having trouble getting enough liquids. I have set a series of reminders on my watch😬

Not wanting food, but getting my Protein in every day as well as my supplements.

Feeling better every day. I still have an occasional pain near the biggest incision site, feels almost like a muscle cramp (I’m assuming that it’s the muscle mending). Other than not being able to lift stuff, I’m back to normal activity.

Good luck everyone on our continued journeys👍

I was sleeved 2/12 and still experiencing midsection pain. It’s pretty sharp and constant. Happens when I’m stretching, bending and even when I’m just been sitting too long. Really annoying and frustrating. I’m going to see my Dr. this coming week. My incision are fine but that damn pain is keeping me down.

HW 235
SW 217
CW 207
GW 150

I am also 2/26! Have the same pain. And had same bathroom problems, milk of magnesium and colace and really try to get Water in!

Hi ! Sleeve 2/26! I’m still home from work because I’m a teacher and on my feet all day. How long did everyone wait to go back to work and start working out? I feel like people are doing so much more. I feel so tired. I haven’t weighed myself, waiting for post op on Friday

Saw my doctor.. he mentioned Neosporin with pain relief ointment. I bought it and incisions feel better.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Just got really bad news from my doctor’s visit today about the pain I’m experiencing. I just want to cry. He said it most likely my gallbladder and will need surgery again to remove it. I’m so upset. I’m scared, frustrated and really regretting this whole thing. From all the research I’ve done, never knew my gallbladder would be affected with weight loss and he did not mention it. WTF!
Feeling so down

Just got really bad news from my doctor’s visit today about the pain I’m experiencing. I just want to cry. He said it most likely my gallbladder and will need surgery again to remove it. I’m so upset. I’m scared, frustrated and really regretting this whole thing. From all the research I’ve done, never knew my gallbladder would be affected with weight loss and he did not mention it. WTF!
Feeling so down

This just happened to me, I was 3 wks out from surgery and I had to have my gallbladder removed. It is frustrating I know but you will get through this. Keep your head up!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using BariatricPal mobile app

This just happened to me, I was 3 wks out from surgery and I had to have my gallbladder removed. It is frustrating I know but you will get through this. Keep your head up!

And when did you start experiencing pain? What kind of pain was it? Did they do any tests to show it was the gallbladder? Sorry just curious and nervous again. Thought the worst was behind me

So did I, I know exactly how how feel. My pain was immediately after surgery, pain in my right middle back and pain on right abdomen. My surgeon sent me for an ultrasound of my gallbladder. Also did a complete metabolic panel blood test. My pain was constant and sharp. I hope they can get to the bottom of your pain and fix it fast...

4 hours ago, Changing4me1 said:

Ok that was weird and scary. I was just stretching and there was was a loud pop from my big incision. I hurt just for a second and then no more. What the heck was that???

Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

My doctor said it's a pain relief patch that they attach during surgery and when it starts dissolving you feel a pop. He said if happens at night you will never know.

5 hours ago, Changing4me1 said:

Vsg 2/13/18
Pre op diet 188
Sd. 180
First goal 169 2/26/18
Second 150
Goal weight 138

It was probably just an internal stitch. They're dissolvable, so it probably just gave way

Ooh I'm learning so much today. I have learned that in the first week after surgery all f***s can be juicy, if you're moving gently and you hear or feel a gentle pop,it will be an internal semi-dissolving reinforcement stitch,that the surgeon put in, that if you smell your family's food it invokes a desire to bite or chew something. Although the poster wasn't very happy, could have been someone, IDK. This seems a good night to eavesdrop, doesn't it?

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, amend68 said:

Feeling so down

Oh no so sorry to hear that! Don't worry it wont be bad... hang in there! I worried that the same thing would happen to me so I spoke to my surgeon about it the other day while he was giving me my surgery date which is april 2nd,! and he didn't have it on the list to do with my surgery until I brought it up... then he sad YES there are gall stones and we will remove it during your weight loss surgery an fix a hiatal hernia as well. Ughh not looking forward to all that but it has to be done. I thought it would anyway since I have had that same kind of pain in the past that you are currently having . I don't think you will have problems recovering and you will feel so much relief after it is done. best wishes

Gallbladder pain is SO BAD! For me it was worse than child birth. I kept having symptoms and put it off too long. I ended up being in the hospital for 5 days because it was so infected, huge, gall stones in the bile duct etc. I don’t have my WLS date yet but when I went for my 1st appt with the dr yesterday, she said, “we normally do an ultrasound on everyone’s gallbladder but since you’ve already had yours out - no ultrasound needed”