Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goodbye Lap-Band, Hello Mini Gastric Bypass!

I’ve been suffering from acid reflux and other side effects from my Lap-Band for many years now. It’s been an amazing tool but it’s time to say goodbye.

I scheduled my MGB for this March 19th!!

It’s finally happening.

Alex Good wishes, Good luck and I hope it will do exactly what it's supposed to. Don't need to ask where it will be, just want to know if you'll be in Bill Yanez's Victory Pictures? At any rate, thank you for Bariatric Pal, it has and will continue to make a difference in my life. God Bless.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

28 minutes ago, Alex Brecher said:

I’ve been suffering from acid reflux and other side effects from my Lap-Band for many years now. It’s been an amazing tool but it’s time to say goodbye.

@Alex Brecher

you repeatedly said how wonderful the lap-band was. it served its purpose for you for many years. it was

wonderful; and you were a success. all good thing must come to an end. sometimes "things" happen and you must move on. hopefully your reflux will improve sooner than later.

i'm sure you will continue to be the successful, happy person we all know and love.:rolleyes:

good luck

speedy recovery

kathy

oh no oh no

dup:angry:

sorry

@Alex Brecher So sorry to hear that your lap band is failing and giving you GERD! :( Congrats on the MGB! Wishing you well and a speedy recovery!! ((hugs))

@Alex Brecher how is it possible when you’re not overweight??? I’m a little bit confused how this would be done if it weren’t for added weight, but just for reflux? I’m sorry you had to deal with it....so, would people just get the MGB if they have terrible chronic reflux? Or is this just a revision available for previous WLS folk?

after all of my inquiries....CONGRATS! 😁

Edited by Newme17

2 minutes ago, Newme17 said:

@Alex Brecher how is it possible when you’re not overweight??? I’m a little bit confused how this would be done if it weren’t for added weight, but just for reflux? I’m sorry you had to deal with it....so, would people just get the MGB if they have terrible chronic reflux? Or is this just a revision available for previous WLS folk?

after all of my inquiries....CONGRATS! 😁

You're asking great questions! I do not want to remove my Lap-Band and regain the 100lbs I've kept off since 2003. I'm a low BMI revision which is pretty common today.

Thank you!

On 1/18/1970 at 8:05 AM, Newme17 said:

You're asking great questions! I do not want to remove my Lap-Band and regain the 100lbs I've kept off since 2003. I'm a low BMI revision which is pretty common today.

Thank you!

I see. I don’t believe you would gain all of it back, although it could happen if you decided to slide back in to old habits, but you have an appearance to keep up on here ya know. 😂. Anyhow, you’re doing what’s best for you and that’s great. Congrats again!

tagging ya. @Alex Brecher as you can see the test app shows I quoted myself. This has been reported already though. 😊

Edited by Newme17

Congratulations Alex. I know all about that acid reflux. I just wish the ulcers would stop.

I scheduled my MGB for this March 19th!!
It’s finally happening.

How did you come to decide on the MGB? who is doing your revision?

Congrats on doing you, at the end of the day, it's all about you :)

1 hour ago, Muñekita said:

How did you come to decide on the MGB? who is doing your revision?

Congrats on doing you, at the end of the day, it's all about you :)

Thank you!

Initially, I wanted to revise to a Gastric Sleeve. I'm pre Barrett's Esophagus and suffer from acid reflux. These are contraindications to Gastric Sleeve.

I'm using the best surgeon and best hospital in the entire universe! Dr. Illan and BariatricPal Hospital!! :) (I'm a bit biased in my opinion on that lol). I have 100% insurance if I wanted to have the procedure in the states but I feel more comfortable with Dr. Illan and BPH.

Thank you!
Initially, I wanted to revise to a Gastric Sleeve. I'm pre Barrett's Esophagus and suffer from acid reflux. These are contraindications to Gastric Sleeve.
I'm using the best surgeon and best hospital in the entire universe! Dr. Illan and BariatricPal Hospital!! [emoji4] (I'm a bit biased in my opinion on that lol). I have 100% insurance if I wanted to have the procedure in the states but I feel more comfortable with Dr. Illan and BPH.

I had my band for 10yrs and last april I had a revision to MGB. Weightloss has been slow, but it has helped me to loose a bit more. The band only helped me loose a bit and then stayed at the same weight for about 8yrs. With the mgb I have lost a few more lbs, and I feel great!

Best of luck on your journey! :)

Thanks everyone for their support! I wrote a little goodbye letter to my Lap-band today.

Good luck with your MGB. Many many of us will be praying for you and waiting for updates. Glad to hear you are using the best Dr and best hospital in the world for this type of thing!