Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Protein Bars or shake powder/recipes does everyone like?

I'm currently doing the 4+1 diet while waiting for my surgery consult on March 20th, but hate the taste of most of the Protein bars and powder. I've tried Quest and the ones that they gave us and feel nauseous on them, I do manage to eat then because I'm supposed to but sometimes it feels like I'm going to throw up and I have to force myself to finish them. So far the only bars that I like have been the nutrisystem ones but they only have 10g of protein. Also like the Power Crunch bars, but those are higher in calories.

So I thought I would check and see what other people like. 1f642.png:) I did see good reviews on the "One Birthday Cake" flavor, have some ordered but haven't gotten them yet.

I like Premier Protein shakes. (I still put caramel flavor shake in my coffee for creamer)

I eat Pure Protein storebrand protein bars....they're not bad. 200 calories. 21g protein.

Creekimp: Thank you, I did have one premier drink and it was pretty good, I think it was banana? I'll have to look into more of them. :) (By the way I love your dog) What store do you get the pure Protein bars from?

it's a chain in the midwest called Meijer Thrify Acres. Oh crap...you're from Michigan. You know about Meijer. LOL

Premier Protein shakes for me as well. The cheapest place I've found them is Sam's club. Looking forward to trying Cookies and cream next. I haven't found any bars I like.....

Sent from my LG-LS997 using BariatricPal mobile app

Haha I didn't realize you were from MI too! Oh yeah I love Meijer, closest one to us is about an hour away in Bay City or Saginaw though. Might have to make a trip though! :)

@Peacock: I really really loved the Nutrisystem ones, and they weren't terrible (200 calories and 11 grams of protein) but someone told me that I should be having 15-20 minimum for a Protein bar.. which really stinks because I actually looked forward to the Nutrisystem Peanut Butter chocolate lunch bars... I'll definitely have to get some premiere!

32 minutes ago, AstroCat said:

What Protein Bars or shake powder/recipes does everyone like?

I'm currently doing the 4+1 diet while waiting for my surgery consult on March 20th, but hate the taste of most of the Protein bars and powder. I've tried Quest and the ones that they gave us and feel nauseous on them, I do manage to eat then because I'm supposed to but sometimes it feels like I'm going to throw up and I have to force myself to finish them. So far the only bars that I like have been the nutrisystem ones but they only have 10g of Protein. Also like the Power Crunch bars, but those are higher in calories.

So I thought I would check and see what other people like. 1f642.png:) I did see good reviews on the "One Birthday Cake" flavor, have some ordered but haven't gotten them yet.

GARDEN OF LIFE protein powder!

Creek Imp I'm in Ohio and I even know about Meijer. We don't have one in my town, they closed the one in Newark, can you believe they wanted to remodel and expand, the city fathers fought them because it would encroach on the flood plain, Meijer got p.o.-ed and. left town. That's 23 miles south of here but 23 miles to the north in Ontario, a Mansfield suburb there is one in good
shape. Go there when I can get there. Otherwise I'm stuck with Walmart, Krogers and a IGA. Sniff sniff.
Have you seen my Change Your Hospital thread? Changes in my tumultuous life. I need all the Bariatric love I can get.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

GARDEN OF LIFE Protein powder!

I’ll have to try that one.

I'll go read it, KaKatLady.

I have weird memories of Mansfield Ohio. LOL. My best friend and I did a haunted house tour of the old Mansfield Reformatory (prison).....man, is that a CREEPY place! They filmed Shawshank Redemption there. Later, we went to a Christian wax museum that had an old Tom Cruise dressed as Jesus and John Travolta as Moses. There seemed to be a Scientology undercurrent. LOL:) Was wild!

Edited by Creekimp13

I like EAS Advant Edge vanilla Protein Powder. It can be mixed with frozen berries, Peanut Butter powder, yogurt, etc for additional flavors. I haven’t tried it in this brand of powder Protein but, in the past, a I would add some sugar-free Jello Gelatin powder for different flavors. I liked cherry the best.

My take is you need to keep trying both Protein options (shakes and bars) it is a personal treasure hunt!
My 2 cents:
Quest is good.
“One”brand are good.
Oh yeah are more calories but fill you up
Pure protein, candy like to me as are other bars
BariatricPal powders vary
Pure Protein Drinks help me
As they are 30 grams each
Try health food stores or Vitamin stores or online ordering til you find what you do best with
Wishing you great luck!

Premiere Protein for me! I like the flavors and it’s an “easy” 30 g of low sugar protein

Good luck!

HW 242
SW 236- Bypass December 20, 2017
CW 195
GW#1- 199
GW#2- 175
5’6”