Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for men to date

Hi I had gastric bypass in 1999. I’ve kept the weight off since but it’s difficult meeting men who understand what I went through. I’m at a time in my life where I would really like to meet someone special.

dont disclose..

i hope you find special ASAP

i had the sleeve and my incisions are realy obvious, my last boo asked what they where i said i was stabbed, he was like '???!' and didnt ask again

tell them when youre ready, if you feel like its right

My advise is use diff. avenues (some in person as well as online etc) and connect with someone who genuinely wants to know you and go from there. That will likely widen the pool (of potential matches) since looking particurlary for guys that know exactly what you more or less went through narrows it quite a bit. Also many guys want to meet women so try to minimize it somewhat instead of overthinking it. Not saying you are rather making a suggestion. Last but not least it is ok to ask the guy you may be interested in and some guys actually like that because they dont risk getting rejected etc.

dont disclose..
i hope you find special ASAP
i had the sleeve and my incisions are realy obvious, my last boo asked what they where i said i was stabbed, he was like '???!' and didnt ask again
tell them when youre ready, if you feel like its right

Lol

On 2/21/2018 at 9:30 PM, HipHopLatte said:

Hi I had gastric bypass in 1999. I’ve kept the weight off since but it’s difficult meeting men who understand what I went through. I’m at a time in my life where I would really like to meet someone special.

I like to date women who have had WLS, my previous relationship was with someone who had the sleeve as well. Was great having that in common and we could share meals and exercise together. I'm not secretive with my surgery, it's part of who I am and what I chose to help me live a healthy lifestyle.

I don't tell people on dates. Because you never know if it will go somewhere. I still go for meals have a salad. They don't notice anything. I'd tell if I was in a relationship though.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using Tapatalk

@hiphoplatte Where are you located? That might help connect you with someone on the forum who's local to you.

VSG 10/11/17 HW= 360 SW= 292 CW= 220.8 GW= 220 (6'5") [emoji256]

Hi @HipHopLatte. I couldn't agree with you more. I'd like to meet someone special who gets it and isn't judgy about my wls decision.

I agree. That's a very important aspect for all of us who are single. Much easier and more comfortable when someone understands the struggle to get where we are and respects/supports the choices we make.

VSG 10/11/17 HW= 360 SW= 292 CW= 220 GW= 220 3/7/18!! (6'5") [emoji256]

I agree. That's a very important aspect for all of us who are single. Much easier and more comfortable when someone understands the struggle to get where we are and respects/supports the choices we make.

VSG 10/11/17 HW= 360 SW= 292 CW= 220 GW= 220 3/7/18!! (6'5") [emoji256]

Congratulations on reaching your goal!!!

HW=315; SW=268; CW=261; GW#1=210; GW#2=170

Congratulations on reaching your goal!!!

HW=315; SW=268; CW=261; GW#1=210; GW#2=170

Thanks!!!

VSG 10/11/17
HW = 360
SW = 292
GW #1 = 220 3/7/18
GW #2 = 210 (6'5") [emoji256]

I am struggling with this as well! I had my WLS on my birthday in 08. I am getting older and ready to settle down but I just find anyone to connect with and not be mentione that I hate my city and state!! I been All Of my life and I am So Over it!!

Hi All,

Hey Ashley, I understand what you mean. I'd like to settle as well as move. Keep looking for quality and try not to interact with those you can relate to rather than anyone you're attracted to. Some guys make that mistake at times.