Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m Day 7 Post Op and I’m so tired of this liquid diet. Is it too soon to try applesauce ?

Same with me@lelh

If you decide to take the plunge, OP, go sloooowwwww, take tiny bites, and test the waters. No diving in. I would start with Soup.

If you have an immersion blender, you can blend Soups like French onion, creamy potato or Tomato. Then just strain out any lumpy pieces. Your blender is gonna be your bff for a while LOL!!

I’m suppose to start that stuff per the surgeon Day 10 but tomorrow i will blend some Soups. Thanks Ladies I’m happy I found this Forum.

What type of Protein Shakes were using. I'm sure that if your Protein increase then you won't be hungry. Right now with what you listed you're not really getting anything nutritional which is clear that you're hungry. I think using a different brand may help but runny poop and gas is completely normal at this stage. I just worry introducing things too soon may sabotage your weight loss eventually. I only had surgery 2/14/18, but I have a lot of friends and family members that have taken this journey before me and that has been their advice.... stick to the plan. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Are you supposed to be on liquids for another week? Week 2 I could do yogurt, cottage cheese, refried Beans, very thin Soup, Jello, sf pudding, sf popsicles.

I guess every plan and surgeon is different. I'm on liquids for 21 days, then pureed for 21 days etc. So right now I do a Protein Water, a crystal light, broth, 80 grams worth of Protein Shake and maybe a jello

1 hour ago, Momo1010 said:

I’m Day 7 Post Op and I’m so tired of this liquid diet. Is it too soon to try applesauce ?

Be careful! You don’t want a leak or something caught in your staple line. If you have anything make sure there’s no chunks in it. Smooth & liquefied!

8 minutes ago, lala_is_fabulous said:

What type of Protein Shakes were using. I'm sure that if your Protein increase then you won't be hungry. Right now with what you listed you're not really getting anything nutritional which is clear that you're hungry. I think using a different brand may help but runny poop and gas is completely normal at this stage. I just worry introducing things too soon may sabotage your weight loss eventually. I only had surgery 2/14/18, but I have a lot of friends and family members that have taken this journey before me and that has been their advice.... stick to the plan. Hope this helps

I tried whey and Slim Fast Advance Nutrition. I tried low fat milk and also Almond Milk. Also i have such bad Gas pains no sleep at all these last couple of days. I had surgery 2-15

11 minutes ago, lala_is_fabulous said:

I guess every plan and surgeon is different. I'm on liquids for 21 days, then pureed for 21 days etc. So right now I do a Protein Water, a crystal light, broth, 80 grams worth of Protein Shake and maybe a jello

Oh wow that is very cautious. Blend soups! That will keep you sane.

Omg 21 Days of liquids i would die lol. I can start puréed foods Day 10.

1 hour ago, Momo1010 said:

Decaf Tea, broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free yellow, that’s it😩😩😩. I started Protein Shakes and they gave me Diarrhea and bad Gas so doctor told me to stop.

Don’t do any caffeine even decaf for at least 30 days after surgery. It’s very acidic and hard on the stomach.

Don’t do any caffeine even Decaf for at least 30 days after surgery. It’s very acidic and hard on the stomach.

I have been doing decaf with caramel Protein premier. The color of my coffee is very light and creamy. I have had no issues. I also don’t drink it hot it is iced decaf. I was told no caffeine or carbonated drinks ever period.