Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 1 year later, visiting NYC - Where do I eat?!

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to be asking, but I figure a lot of you have gone through what I'm going through and I could really use some insight.

I'm Brazilian btw, and come April I'm visiting NYC, and I have NO idea where I'll eat. I won't have the means to cook for myself, so eating out is the only way to go, but I've read that generally NYC has some pretty big food portions, and I'm going by myself so I can't even share food with anyone (if that's an ok habit for NYC, idk).

Are there any places anyone would recommend? Any tips or tricks? lol

I'm really lost.

Thank you very much <3

Rebecca

I live in NYC. Where will you be stying and for how long?

3 hours ago, Danny Paul said:

I live in NYC. Where will you be stying and for how long?

Hi Danny, I'm going to be staying at a friend's house in the upper east side, but I'm not really rooted to that place and I don't mind going great distances for great (small portioned) food lol.

Any favorite places you have insight on are greatly appreciated.

Thank you ^_^

Oh man- I have a few great recommendations that you probably don't want hahaha... my fav is the Belgian French fry place near NYU.... stay away..... far away!! Lol

27 minutes ago, sleeved2win said:

Oh man- I have a few great recommendations that you probably don't want hahaha... my fav is the Belgian French fry place near NYU.... stay away..... far away!! Lol

Lol, that is EVIL!! If the places you have to recommend can box left overs to go, I'll take those recommendations hehe.

:D

Lol, that is EVIL!! If the places you have to recommend can box left overs to go, I'll take those recommendations hehe.
[emoji3]

Caracas Arepa Bar in East Village is really good. Super small joint-- go in between meal times or you'll be waiting forever.

Oiji for Korean food also East Village-- perfect for small appetites. Great for sharing food. Make a reservation.

Pomme Frites is the French fry place-- share a batch with a friend. You're on vacation! They are the best fries you'll ever eat, unless you somehow end up in Maine, in which case, Duck Fat has them slightly beat. There's like nowhere to sit in there, so expect to eat on the go.

I hope you have a great time!! I [emoji173]️ NY!

• Like 1

Thank you very much ^^

Go to Chinatown at 17 Mott Street in the basement [not the street level restaurant] is Wo Hop. It is an old fahioned Cantonese style restaurant. They have the best won ton Soup in nyc . I use to order the spare ribs with black bean sauce with brown rice. It is a small place that gets crowded fast. Best to go on a week day. If the line is to long then go to 69 Bayard St. The food is good but not as good as Wo Hop. If you like dim sum go to Nom Wah Tea parlor on 13 Doyers Street. They make Dim Sum fresh all day. Most places only serve it in the morning.

If you want Italian, thats in nearby Little Italy at Paesano`s on Mulberry Street off of Grand Street. All the food in any of these places can be taken home if you cant finish them.
Since my WLS I havent been to any of these places but prior to that Ive been going to Wo Hop and Nom Wah for 50 years. Enjoy your stay in NYC.

Not doing what's popular just doing what's Right.

• Like 1

Yes Danny, thank you! Love the tips and I absolutely agree, I'm going to be searching for what's Right, that's for sure.