Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you expand/stretch out your stomach? I will be 3 months post op on the 20th of February and I just want to make sure I'm not doing this since I am eating a little more solids.

SW 280

CW 235

5'6 and believe it or not I have no goal weight yet. However, I want to get to my ONEderland. Maybe 180/160.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

It's normal to be eating a little more. I'll be 3 months out on the 21st.
I can eat between 4 and 8 oz depending on the food type. Softer foods I can eat 8oz. Solid protien like any type of meat I can only do about 4 oz.

Hw 370
Sw 361
Cw 310
I'm down 60lbs but at a stall right now. It's frustrating but I know it's all part of the process.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

It's normal to be eating a little more. I'll be 3 months out on the 21st.
I can eat between 4 and 8 oz depending on the food type. Softer foods I can eat 8oz. Solid protien like any type of meat I can only do about 4 oz.

Hw 370
Sw 361
Cw 310
I'm down 60lbs but at a stall right now. It's frustrating but I know it's all part of the process.

Me too. I really get full with meats and end up eating again after 30 min or so. I try my best to drink my Protein Shakes but I rather eat my Protein. Lol.

I just want to make sure I'm not stretching out my stomach. I want to know how it can happen. Like obviously by eating but is it when you ignore the weird pain n continue eating? Or how does your stomach stretch? Get me? Lol

Me too. I really get full with meats and end up eating again after 30 min or so. I try my best to drink my Protein Shakes but I rather eat my Protein. Lol.

I just want to make sure I'm not stretching out my stomach. I want to know how it can happen. Like obviously by eating but is it when you ignore the weird pain n continue eating? Or how does your stomach stretch? Get me? Lol

Totally get you. I wonder all the time too because I hardly ever feel full. I have over eaten maybe 3x. So I hope I'm not stretching my stomach.

I don't drink protien shakes they make me gag. I get GENEPRO and add it to 2 of my drinks because it's tasteless.

How do you expand/stretch out your stomach? I will be 3 months post op on the 20th of February and I just want to make sure I'm not doing this since I am eating a little more solids.
SW 280
CW 235
5'6 and believe it or not I have no goal weight yet. However, I want to get to my ONEderland. Maybe 180/160.

From what I remember from Nutritional Class, a way to stretch your pouch is drinking and eating at the same time. Must eat and wait 35 minutes to drink. After drinking must wait 35 mins to eat.
My stats are
SW:Nov.1 2017
SW: 299
CW: 236.5
GW: 250
Currently on my second week of stall. Ugggh[emoji55]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

From what I remember from Nutritional Class, a way to stretch your pouch is drinking and eating at the same time. Must eat and wait 35 minutes to drink. After drinking must wait 35 mins to eat.
My stats are
SW:Nov.1 2017
SW: 299
CW: 236.5
GW: 250
Currently on my second week of stall. Ugggh[emoji55]

Lol, meant goal weight 150!!!

3 minutes ago, jamieohhh said:

What happens if you drink and eat ? This is one of the reasons I and leaning towards not having surgery .

You wash the food through your system and don't get the nutrition. Also helps you feel full and satisfied.

There are many behavior changes with WLS. Drinking after a meal really is not as hard as you may think. I hope your health is a priority over having to change old habits that keep us overweight.

What happens if you drink and eat ? This is one of the reasons I and leaning towards not having surgery .

You easily get full but I get a weird pain. Like it's a rock going down when u eat and drink. Everyone is different though.

Well naturally yes . I don't feel I *need* the surgery . It's more of a question of do I want it ? If that makes sense . I'm 5'8 228 pounds . Never even considered the surgery until last week when I saw my doctor because I have a large hiatus hernia . He asked if I would want VSG along with it . Then I started doing the research on what the actual surgery is . I had no idea until this past week . I'm terrified of the recovery and not being able to enjoy eating ever again . I'm just not sure . I've read a lot of scary things as far as recovery goes and I'm just not sure it's the rite thing for me .

14 hours ago, shsd87 said:

SW 280

CW 235

So many studies on stretching your stomach. It seems to be a rare occurrence. Some may need a revision.

So think about it this way. Long term success is behavior change - Slow down when you eat. Stop eating when you feel your new sensation of full. Don't eat to the point you vomit. Drink 30 mins after you eat.

Just now, jamieohhh said:

Well naturally yes . I don't feel I *need* the surgery . It's more of a question of do I want it ? If that makes sense . I'm 5'8 228 pounds . Never even considered the surgery until last week when I saw my doctor because I have a large hiatus hernia . He asked if I would want VSG along with it . Then I started doing the research on what the actual surgery is . I had no idea until this past week . I'm terrified of the recovery and not being able to enjoy eating ever again . I'm just not sure . I've read a lot of scary things as far as recovery goes and I'm just not sure it's the rite thing for me .

Your right. surgery is not for everyone.

2 minutes ago, jamieohhh said:

I don't mean this in a negative way. Your BMI is 34.7 Obese. Just the health risks that go along with it. I wish you the best whatever you decide.

BMI calculator below

https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm